Another battery drain question

Search This thread

thestar1992

Mar 30, 2012
i have had my nexus 5 for just over a week now and i have seen people mention that the battery life is poor at the beginning and it eventually gets better after few charges but I seem to be getting 2.5hrs max screen on time. I am not a heavy user and i dont play a lot of games, mainly browsing, whatsapp, facebook, hangouts..

I have tried using ART aswell but the battery is still the same.
When i got the phone from UK play store (32gb) it didnt require an update on first boot which is different from what I have seen in review videos. I am not sure if that could be the problem. Do u recommend me to reset the phone to its factory settings and start again?

thanks you for your help

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
I'd say most people get better battery over time because they go through settings and disable a few battery draining options. WiFi always scanning, hot word, etc. You can also monitor all your battery statistics to give you a better idea of what is causing drains for you.

Out of the box 2.5-3hrs SoT is normal, 4-5 hours is attainable on stock. I've seen no definitive proof that ART increases battery life in a significant way.

Reactions: thestar1992

jaj473

Jun 19, 2012
Vijayawada
i have had my nexus 5 for just over a week now and i have seen people mention that the battery life is poor at the beginning and it eventually gets better after few charges but I seem to be getting 2.5hrs max screen on time. I am not a heavy user and i dont play a lot of games, mainly browsing, whatsapp, facebook, hangouts..

When i got the phone from UK play store (32gb) it didnt require an update on first boot which is different from what I have seen in review videos. I am not sure if that could be the problem. Do u recommend me to reset the phone to its factory settings and start again?

thanks you for your help

battery life gets better because we get to know the device statistics and tweak it...
see if there are any apps running in background..
Disable Google now if you dont use it..
adjust your gps settings..
and even though wi-fi is not turned on it keeps on scanning if apps request. so disable it in wi-fi menu...
If you are Rooted user:use Greenify

Cloonix

Sep 6, 2010
Munich

thanks you for your help

It's really possible to optimize it. My N5 is running for 50h now including 2,5h screen-on time, 1h talking and 8h airplane mode (sleep time).

Check the battery stats... Some Google services consume a lot of energy over the day. Especially the hot-word function. I turned of many things... my phone is only syncing contacts and calendar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd say most people get better battery over time because they go through settings and disable a few battery draining options. WiFi always scanning, hot word, etc. You can also monitor all your battery statistics to give you a better idea of what is causing drains for you.

Out of the box 2.5-3hrs SoT is normal, 4-5 hours is attainable on stock. I've seen no definitive proof that ART increases battery life in a significant way.