Installation Aborted - Status 7 (expected 5 arguments, got 4)

Search This thread

The French Tickl3r

May 19, 2013
Montreal
I've been trying to flash TheAxman 's [ROMS][ViSiON-X STOCK SHOP][i9505/i337][ViS-STOCK][STABLE BASES][03-18] but i keep getting a status 7, installation aborted error which claims that the the expected number of arguments is 5, got 4.

the steps i did to get this error message were:
wipe data/ factory reset --> wipe cache --> format system --> wipe dalvik --> install VisionX's rom

My device is the i337m, its unlocked im with telus

i attached a screenshot of the about phone info for reference.

The device is rooted using cf-auto, and has cwm 6.0.4.7 installed, running on 4.2.2 stock ROM

Now from what i understood in the installation instructions, I should be flashing my carrier's kernel after installing the new ROM, but i cant even get past the rom installation.. I read around the forums that this might be due to a broken updater script, I 'm also iffy as to where/ how I could get a hold of my carriers kernel file to use after (hopefully) i get Vision-X installed on the device..

according to ktoonsez, I should use [KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/TW/GE - 4.4/4.3/4.2][03/12/2014] KT-SGS4 - MJ5 - KTweaker

lastly, i dont know if this is relevant, but in the CWM log i have a message that shows up saying the following

"can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/msm_sdcc . 2/mmc_host/mmc2"

thank you in advance for your time and assistance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-18-13-26-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-18-13-26-42.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 211

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've been trying to flash TheAxman 's [ROMS][ViSiON-X STOCK SHOP][i9505/i337][ViS-STOCK][STABLE BASES][03-18] but i keep getting a status 7, installation aborted error which claims that the the expected number of arguments is 5, got 4.

wipe data/ factory reset --> wipe cache --> format system --> wipe dalvik --> install VisionX's rom

The device is rooted using cf-auto, and has cwm 6.0.4.7 installed, running on 4.2.2 stock ROM

Now from what i understood in the installation instructions, I should be flashing my carrier's kernel after installing the new ROM, but i cant even get past the rom installation.. I read around the forums that this might be due to a broken updater script, I 'm also iffy as to where/ how I could get a hold of my carriers kernel file to use after (hopefully) i get Vision-X installed on the device..

according to ktoonsez, I should use [KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/TW/GE - 4.4/4.3/4.2][03/12/2014] KT-SGS4 - MJ5 - KTweaker

lastly, i dont know if this is relevant, but in the CWM log i have a message that shows up saying the following

"can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/msm_sdcc . 2/mmc_host/mmc2"

Check if your download is good first. However, I don't believe you can use that kernel as it says I337 and not I337m.

Reactions: The French Tickl3r

The French Tickl3r

May 19, 2013
Montreal
Installation Aborted - Status 7 (expected 5 arguments, got 4) > Reply to Thread

Check if your download is good first. However, I don't believe you can use that kernel as it says I337 and not I337m.

thank you for your input, I will redownload the file to cross that out. as for the kernel, how/where might I be able to find it? Can I simply use the stock kernel on 4.2.2 from telus ?

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
thank you for your input, I will redownload the file to cross that out. as for the kernel, how/where might I be able to find it? Can I simply use the stock kernel on 4.2.2 from telus ?

Stock kernel will work as long as you're only using other 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROMs. Otherwise, you can check the development section for any kernel thread that lists I337m

blankingblank

Mar 3, 2014
Stock kernel will work as long as you're only using other 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROMs. Otherwise, you can check the development section for any kernel thread that lists I337m

Kernel is right. TMO for the I337M.

I've had status 7 errors before using philz and they were solved using 1 of 2 methods. First, I would check the rom for asserts (txt at the beginning of the updater-script that checks ur device version code against those intended for the roms use). If u find an assert in the script, just delete it and try the install again.

Second thing u could try that worked for me was (idk if standard cwm has this option but philz does) checking the 'allow old update binary' box in the settings. If it's not there, try philz or twrp.

Lastly, like deadly said, don't flash the kernel til u get the ROM to boot. That way troubleshooting is easier

Pika71

Oct 6, 2013
plus.google.com
Recovery..

that recovery using these?:confused:

The French Tickl3r

May 19, 2013
Montreal
I switched to twrp 2.6.3.0, and im not getting the stat7 error anymore. granted, im also trying to flash a different rom, slimkat.

problem now is that im getting stuck on the splash screen with the sammie logo..

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I switched to twrp 2.6.3.0, and im not getting the stat7 error anymore. granted, im also trying to flash a different rom, slimkat.

problem now is that im getting stuck on the splash screen with the sammie logo..

You flashed the ROM and Gapps and made sure to wipe data right? Also, which one are you flashing (which model)?

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
hi deadlysin9,

thank you for the follow up

steps were:

boot to twrp 2.6.3.0 recovery, wipe data, cache, system and dalvik
then flash rom and gapps

my device is the i337m (telus but unlocked) and im using the jflteatt found here,

Try using the jfltetmo build, from what I've read t-mobile ROMs and kernels work on the I337m. If that doesn't work the international build is the next best bet.

The French Tickl3r

May 19, 2013
Montreal
hello,

just a quick update on our latest discussion, it seems that the tmo build is indeed the right one to flash, ive finally rid myself of TW, and running on slimkat. many thanks for your valuable input.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kernel is right. TMO for the I337M.

I've had status 7 errors before using philz and they were solved using 1 of 2 methods. First, I would check the rom for asserts (txt at the beginning of the updater-script that checks ur device version code against those intended for the roms use). If u find an assert in the script, just delete it and try the install again.

Second thing u could try that worked for me was (idk if standard cwm has this option but philz does) checking the 'allow old update binary' box in the settings. If it's not there, try philz or twrp.

Lastly, like deadly said, don't flash the kernel til u get the ROM to boot. That way troubleshooting is easier

You flashed the ROM and Gapps and made sure to wipe data right? Also, which one are you flashing (which model)?
    hi deadlysin9,

thank you for the follow up

steps were:

boot to twrp 2.6.3.0 recovery, wipe data, cache, system and dalvik
    then flash rom and gapps

my device is the i337m (telus but unlocked) and im using the jflteatt found here,

Try using the jfltetmo build, from what I've read t-mobile ROMs and kernels work on the I337m. If that doesn't work the international build is the next best bet.