GPS on International N9005 Note 3

Search This thread

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey guys.

Read a lot about this but still haven't really seen a proper 'fix' for it yet. Maybe I didn't search hard enough. Have GPS drop outs continually and takes a bit to get a lock. Kitkat hasn't helped either. Actually worked ok before I went to it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix? I'm running Civz rom and kernel at the moment.

Thank in advance!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
I remember another Aussie user having the same problem after "upgrading" (ha!) to KK, don't know if he found a fix.

I'm still on JB, but have you tried Top NTP? It's on the playstore, there's a free and a donate version (can't link to it from my work pc). It changes the GPS config and is the first app I install on every device I've had - never let me down, instant fix. Worth a try?

Reactions: lwjacob

Colide

Apr 1, 2012
Prishtina
I remember another Aussie user having the same problem after "upgrading" (ha!) to KK, don't know if he found a fix.

I'm still on JB, but have you tried Top NTP? It's on the playstore, there's a free and a donate version (can't link to it from my work pc). It changes the GPS config and is the first app I install on every device I've had - never let me down, instant fix. Worth a try?

I've been having this issue since upgrading to KitKat on Note3 (Snapdragon) International Version.

TopNTP fixed it.

Before it would take forever to lock the signal, and most of the time it wouldn't at all.
Now it takes from 5-10 seconds.

Reactions: lwjacob

MystaMagoo

Nov 15, 2008
www.teamagoo.uk
Hey guys.

Read a lot about this but still haven't really seen a proper 'fix' for it yet. Maybe I didn't search hard enough. Have GPS drop outs continually and takes a bit to get a lock. Kitkat hasn't helped either. Actually worked ok before I went to it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix? I'm running Civz rom and kernel at the moment.

Thank in advance!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drop outs wouldn't be when using google maps would it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've been having this issue since upgrading to KitKat on Note3 (Snapdragon) International Version.

TopNTP fixed it.

Before it would take forever to lock the signal, and most of the time it wouldn't at all.
    Now it takes from 5-10 seconds.