[ROM][UB][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1][AMAMI] PAC-ROM LP-MR1

Search This thread

Heroxis

Dec 5, 2008
Update

As it is working for some people and not for others I tried something.:

I downgraded to a previous build ( pac_amami_LP-MR1.Beta-2.UNOFFICIAL_20150718-210746.zip) ... Wi-Fi did work again. I then updated "dirty" back to your current build ( pac_amami_LP-MR1.Beta-3.Unofficial_20151009-093311.zip) and Wi-Fi is still working. Does that mean something is missing in the current version?

D

Deleted member 4819888

As it is working for some people and not for others I tried something.:

I downgraded to a previous build ( pac_amami_LP-MR1.Beta-2.UNOFFICIAL_20150718-210746.zip) ... Wi-Fi did work again. I then updated "dirty" back to your current build ( pac_amami_LP-MR1.Beta-3.Unofficial_20151009-093311.zip) and Wi-Fi is still working. Does that mean something is missing in the current version?

yup, I think something is going wrong with the patching process done for WiFi firmware. What should happen ist that the firmware should be copied from /system, patched, then dumped into /data
This doesn't seem to happen correctly somehow, and judging by some logs I saw, it has to do with permissions

guinhill

Thanks for confirming :)
I noticed that cm seem to have fixed the problem from their side . I'll try to cook a new build with that in the coming days :D

I feared I might have had something to do with the M5 Kernel I'm using to try out F2FS, so I was glad to find it was a more wide spread thing.
I was still at CM12.1 20151015 when I started experimenting.
@.@ Getting to F2FS for all partitions was not a direct succes for me, ( Including SD card, just to see what that does for performance with Sygic ) , but I have the procedure down now.

Been a while since I ran PAC-ROM, last on my old Xperia Z. Stuck to Stock roms on the Z1c for most of the time, but the Bluetooth Issues I have with .368 were enough to trigger me to try the custom roms again.

idimitro

May 7, 2012
Hi oshmoun, when do you think you will have time for a new build? I start to be affraid that soon the developers will jump to Marshmallow, and we'll be left without a stable build.
How does the things look from your end of the things.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4819888

Hi oshmoun, when do you think you will have time for a new build? I start to be affraid that soon the developers will jump to Marshmallow, and we'll be left without a stable build.
How does the things look from your end of the things.

build from 23.10.2015 is uploading :)
actually, this time, switching to a higher android version will hopefully be more stable than previous updates, because of the sony aosp program.
You might want to actually update to get better stability, but that's just speculation for now, it all depends on CM and if they use sony aosp as base ;)
fingers crossed :fingers-crossed:

RaunoT

Sep 30, 2014
Tallinn
Nice ROM, just a couple of questions:
Firstly, is there anyway to disable that super annoying bright flash whenever i press a key on the nav. bar?
Second, did you add that extra functionality to the google play music widget? If so then is there any way to disable it, cause i really don't like it and it takes up way too much space ona a 4.3'' screen. Thirdly, will it be okay if i uninstall kernel audior since i really don't like that one and prefer to use my own

Anyways, thank you for your hard work :)

D

Deleted member 4819888

Nice to know you're enjoying the rom :D
Yes, you can change glow color in pac settings - > navigation bar - > buttons - > button style
About Google play music, this has to do with the app itself. The widgets aren't controlled by the rom afaik o_O
You can't uninstall kernel adiutor because it in the system partition. You can, however, disable it if you want. I wouldn't recommend it though. Just use any other app you want. It shouldn't interfere with kernel adiutor if you just don't use kernel adiutor ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

idimitro

May 7, 2012
I have been using the ROM for a few days and it's good. The things I noticed sofar:
- the bluetooth problems I had with the calls through BT speaker seems to be gone
- the battery life seems to be better compared to previous builds
- the dirty flashing failed but the scratch instalation succeeded.
- the battery life might be a bit better, but still nowhere near as good as it was. I start to think that my battery is toast.
- the screen auto rotation never worked for me with any LP ROM I have tried. I used to rely on a nice app autorotator but it doesn't work. Is this a bug or limitation of LP in general?

Great work anyway.

Last edited:

RaunoT

Sep 30, 2014
Tallinn
Looks like when you long press it you can disable it (google play music queue).
One problem though, my battery used to be super fine, but last days it's so bad, no mobile data activated and wifi only occasionaly on and it dies at 1h SoT. I calibrated battery. Problem seems to be that random system apps like music, mediaserver, email keep the device awake for hours. Wonder why this randomly happened

RaunoT

Sep 30, 2014
Tallinn
Just wondering.
Is there a new build beeing worked on or have devs alrdy moved onto marshmallow? Really love this ROM and thank you for the hard work :)

D

Deleted member 4819888

Just wondering.
Is there a new build beeing worked on or have devs alrdy moved onto marshmallow? Really love this ROM and thank you for the hard work :)

development has already started on updating to marshmallow ;)
I'm sorry for not pushing new builds, but I was trying some stuff on my build machine :silly:
I'll see if I can build pac-lp for amami sometime next week

D

Deleted member 4819888

Build is up!
New build from today, 16.11.2015, is available on basketbuild unofficial folder :D
I strongly suggest making a backup before trying it, as I had some problems getting it to boot :eek:

Now for the bad news:
I'm afraid this will be the last build of pac-5.1 for amami, because I've moved on to suzuran (z5 compact).
I'm not sure about pac-6.0 yet, because although my amami device is still available to me, I'm not sure if I will have the time :(

Reactions: kilbZ and p@to

RaunoT

Sep 30, 2014
Tallinn
Build is up!
New build from today, 16.11.2015, is available on basketbuild unofficial folder :D
I strongly suggest making a backup before trying it, as I had some problems getting it to boot :eek:

Now for the bad news:
I'm afraid this will be the last build of pac-5.1 for amami, because I've moved on to suzuran (z5 compact).
I'm not sure about pac-6.0 yet, because although my amami device is still available to me, I'm not sure if I will have the time :(
Thank you for the build, mate!
I hope to see Pac 6.0, but if you don't have time for it, I understand :)
Thank you for your hard work, my friend.
My daily driver ROM until stable 6.0 releases (assuming it boots when I try to flash it in the evening).

idimitro

May 7, 2012
Thanks for the build and letting us know your plans. I still hope for a PAC marshmallow under the Christmas tree.
BTW I made a clean install of the latest build but I am getting Google play services error in hangouts and Gmail app is not working. Anybody with similar problems?
I can't comment on the battery life as my battery is toast ?

Update: I've changed my battery and scratch installed with updated gapps. The phone is flying now as good as new. The ROM is stable and have no issues. I guess this will be the ROM I use till I change the beloved Z1c. The itch for an upgrade is getting stronger and stronger [emoji5].
Thanks for the great work oshmoun [emoji106]

Last edited:

idimitro

May 7, 2012
This ROM is great, stable and has been using it daily. The only problem is the Google Camera still not as good as the stock Sony.
Is there anyone who can make the framework for Z1 compact for this ROM for the stock camera?

The link is here:
http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony-themes-apps/port-xperia-z4-framework-sony-stock-t3154772
By now every developer who is still supporting our phone has switched to fixing the Marshmallow build. We won't get support for these old ROMs.
BTW is there Marshmallow PAC ROM in the cooking?

D

Deleted member 4819888

By now every developer who is still supporting our phone has switched to fixing the Marshmallow build. We won't get support for these old ROMs.
BTW is there Marshmallow PAC ROM in the cooking?

Marshmallow for PAC can be built and shared https://plus.google.com/+PAC-ROM/posts/K3xuwsFAbpD
Amami as a device still needs work. Well actually, guess that applies to most Sony devices afaik ;)
If anyone's interested in MM for amami, then check out the progress on Sony AOSP project
It's highly likely that any future ROMs will build on top of this.
Also on this note, if anyone would like to take up the task of maintaining PAC on amami, then please do PM :D

Reactions: levone1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    Header.png

WARNING
    for now, don't flash any builds after 10.4, because the kernel is not working correctly on them.
    To fix the issue, you can flash the boot.img from 10.4 in fastboot mode.

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UB][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1][AMAMI] PAC-ROM LP-MR1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    oshmoun
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-07-09
    Last Updated 2015-10-12
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    no! not everyone :laugh:

Oh, well prepare to be intrigued ;)

PAC 5.0
    the team is working on LP as best as they can, and is trying to get back all the beloved features :)
    Currently, PAC 5.0 runs on the device (mine :D) and I can't spot any hardware issues other than very small issues in the camera.
    Battery life is a bit.... disappointing I must say :(, I wish it's nothing that'll continue to be a problem with future updates :fingers-crossed:
    Oh, and it's absolutely smooooooth, all the animations are lagless, and it does have a lot of animations :eek:
    Let's hope the team lifts the ban on private builds soon, so I can post it here :highfive:

EDIT: I just noticed I used a lot of smilies, sorry!
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    just a proposal: do not post any L rom that is NOT ON PAR with the latest KK PAC ROM.;)
    it is not worth the reputation-damage just to have a L rom installed! :rolleyes:
    I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot better than KK when released ;) , but then again my logic includes LP being a big advantage [emoji14]
    Since I'm already writing guess it's time for an update!
    PAC LP is shaping up nicely. Right now the team is in the process of migrating device specific code from CM to own PAC repositories. That way you can expect more features when it comes to our device, even when using official nightlies and not custom builds :D.
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    New Build!

build 11.10 is upload! Get it before the boogey man gets it :p

Notable changes:
    fix to wifi autoconnect, where it wouldn't autoconnect correctly to a network once disconnected
    added customizable location tile.
    PAC Performance profiles now can additionally set a maximum GPU frequency

currently I'm trying to get this kernel to work on amami. If I get it working then I'll be sure to inform you :D
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    Time for an update :D
    Not a build though :(
    Omar has been hard at work on merging pimped with mosh, and it's working pretty well. However, it needs more testing as to avoid any issues that may arise. Also, SaberMod toolchain has been updated to a new test version. I'm running a build based on it now. This also would need some testing.
    To summarize, right now new changes that will make your devices go vroooooom are being tested :D :p