HELP: CSC Code!! pleasee

Search This thread

amolak1999

Aug 14, 2012
Hi,
I have a GS3 from Amazon in the UK. I havnt recieved the 4.3 update yet so I decided to check the CSC code which was set to TTT :(:crying: (Trinidad and Tobago). The update hasnt been released in TTT yet so I want to change the CSC to BTU. The phone is NOT rooted. I have tried a few apps plus the *#272*IMEI# but non work :(. Can anyone please tell me how to do it?/??
Thanks in advance:D

blazevxi

Oct 18, 2009
London
Hi,
I have a GS3 from Amazon in the UK. I havnt recieved the 4.3 update yet so I decided to check the CSC code which was set to TTT :(:crying: (Trinidad and Tobago). The update hasnt been released in TTT yet so I want to change the CSC to BTU. The phone is NOT rooted. I have tried a few apps plus the *#272*IMEI# but non work :(. Can anyone please tell me how to do it?/??
Thanks in advance:D

You can use this app to change your CSC. However, two things.

A. You need to be rooted beyond XXELLA
B. Your selected rom needs to support multi csc

amolak1999

Aug 14, 2012
Sorry not that much of a techie :silly: what is XXELLA? So it doesn't need to be rooted? Because when i press change CSC it comes up with com.android.preconfig not found on your device and takes me to the dialer with *#272*1759# already punched in?? After ringing that I get Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

blazevxi

Oct 18, 2009
London
Sorry not that much of a techie :silly: what is XXELLA? So it doesn't need to be rooted? Because when i press change CSC it comes up with com.android.preconfig not found on your device and takes me to the dialer with *#272*1759# already punched in?? After ringing that I get Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Xxella would be a 4.1.2 firmware.

It would look like your stock setup doesn't have a multi CSC setup so I'm not sure if you're able to change to BTU

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

chrismast

Dec 7, 2007
Bangkok
www.christianreiners.com

if I am not wrong you need:

(1) be rooted to change the CSC
(2) after that you can use the tool mentioned before and/or flash a BTU rom

or maybe easier:

just flash the newest 4.3 rom version (you can do this without root as well I think)

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Flash the latest 4.3 rom for the UK, using odin and following the guide in sticky thread.

Factory reset from recovery, reboot and csc should match the firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

amolak1999

Aug 14, 2012
if I am not wrong you need:

(1) be rooted to change the CSC
(2) after that you can use the tool mentioned before and/or flash a BTU rom

or maybe easier:

just flash the newest 4.3 rom version (you can do this without root as well I think)

Hi can you please tell me how to flash the latest 4.3 without rooting please?

electrotune1200

Dec 23, 2010
Sydney
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

Download the latest 4.3 for UK - which would be - I9300XXUGMK6. Then follow instructions in the first post

I'm pretty sure this method will default the CSC to "KOR"

You want to flash the ELL4 U.K. firmware from the stock firmware thread. Download the S2/S3 CSC changer app from the play store and set the CSC to BTU.

This will factory reset the device, so make sure you have your important files backed up.

Then proceed to flash MK6 4.3. Now everything will match.

amolak1999

Aug 14, 2012
I'm pretty sure this method will default the CSC to "KOR"

You want to flash the ELL4 U.K. firmware from the stock firmware thread. Download the S2/S3 CSC changer app from the play store and set the CSC to BTU.

This will factory reset the device, so make sure you have your important files backed up.

Then proceed to flash MK6 4.3. Now everything will match.

Do you think If I took the device to Carphone Warehouse would they be able to change the CSC??