Working app moves games to sd card automaticaly for m.o.j.o

Search This thread

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Found an app called GL to SD that works on the mad catz m.o.j.o,it automatically transfers your current games to the installed external sd card,i can verify that the space is regained when the apps are moved to the sd.It's a great app and it is free to download in the google play store,this should put an end to having to use folder mount and direct the app to the folders besides the fact folder mount did not work for me at all,another great thing is in the app when the games are mounted it has a play button next to them just click and play your games.I am unsure what will occur if you uninstall it and the space then used is above the space required to store the additional games you add to it?

If someone would like to test the theory what happens if games exceed the internal storage size when using GLto SD then you remove GL to SD app then please let me know the result of that test.

I'd like to say that before i used this app i had a mere 5.xgb left and now i have 9.7x gb left in the internal storage :) big smile

Last edited:
Reactions: gwaldo

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Found an app called GL to SD that works on the mad catz m.o.j.o,it automatically transfers your current games to the installed external sd card,i can verify that the space is regained when the apps are moved to the sd.It's a great app and it is free to download in the google play store,this should put an end to having to use folder mount and direct the app to the folders besides the fact folder mount did not work for me at all,another great thing is in the app when the games are mounted it has a play button next to them just click and play your games.I am unsure what will occur if you uninstall it and the space then used is above the space required to store the additional games you add to it?

If someone would like to test the theory what happens if games exceed the internal storage size when using GLto SD then you remove GL to SD app then please let me know the result of that test.

I'd like to say that before i used this app i had a mere 5.xgb left and now i have 9.7x gb left in the internal storage :) big smile

Nice! I will certainly give this a try. Thanks for the heads up!

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Nice! I will certainly give this a try. Thanks for the heads up!
Not sure how many games you can add for free as noticed it has pro in the top right corner,so my guess is it may limit it to 2 games in free mode,just as you get in folder mount,i could be wrong for someone to teste this would be awesome.It's still good enough for me so far any way it has worked flawlessly with 2 games listed.

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Not sure how many games you can add for free as noticed it has pro in the top right corner,so my guess is it may limit it to 2 games in free mode,just as you get in folder mount,i could be wrong for someone to teste this would be awesome.It's still good enough for me so far any way it has worked flawlessly with 2 games listed.

No, it works with multiple games. Pro version does not seem to add much more to the plate, but supports the developer. I have added 12 games. Not every game shows up on the list, but who cares. This saved me 10GB!

Edit: Pro version adds mount on boot and 100 custom slots. Not necessary to purchase, but I just did as I support devs who make good applications :)

Last edited:

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
No, it works with multiple games. Pro version does not seem to add much more to the plate, but supports the developer. I have added 12 games. Not every game shows up on the list, but who cares. This saved me 10GB!

Edit: Pro version adds mount on boot and 100 custom slots. Not necessary to purchase, but I just did as I support devs who make good applications :)
That's some great news,but a little bad with the missing games although there's not much that helps with storage in terms of apps that can read the m.o.j.o well.So it's a major bonus to have such a fine app for it.:laugh:

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Careful with this app...there are some issues. I discovered tonight after moving a few games over that if you try to access your games before your HD is completely mounted (I rebooted and tried to launch a game before the HD was fully available) all mount settings revert back to the internal storage. In other words, no games would launch as they were looking once again at their original locations for installation. I tried to fix this in the app settings by re-pointing the games to their storage area on my HD, but the app would not allow navigation outside of the internal storage. Long story short I had to re-install my games. I probably could have copied the data and obb folders from my USB hd back to the internal storage, recovered game list and moved them again, but I got lazy and simply reinstalled the 6 or 7 games I moved previouslyy. That said, I think I'll stay away from this unless absolutely necessary, or until the dev fixes some bugs and provides a method to move items back AND forth to avoid any headaches.

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Careful with this app...there are some issues. I discovered tonight after moving a few games over that if you try to access your games before your HD is completely mounted (I rebooted and tried to launch a game before the HD was fully available) all mount settings revert back to the internal storage. In other words, no games would launch as they were looking once again at their original locations for installation. I tried to fix this in the app settings by re-pointing the games to their storage area on my HD, but the app would not allow navigation outside of the internal storage. Long story short I had to re-install my games. I probably could have copied the data and obb folders from my USB hd back to the internal storage, recovered game list and moved them again, but I got lazy and simply reinstalled the 6 or 7 games I moved previouslyy. That said, I think I'll stay away from this unless absolutely necessary, or until the dev fixes some bugs and provides a method to move items back AND forth to avoid any headaches.
There always seems to be a catch with the m.o.j.o in every way for me,the games for tegra 4 coming out in tegrazone now aren't compatible until kitkat 4.4 comes out for it either now.Found out shadowgun deadzone don't work says for tegra 3 devices only? It's getting to be a pain,i blame the os a bit and nvidia and mad catz for taking the p@ss bringing kitkat onto the device.There doesn't seem any of the gaming to play when that's what it was designed for and sold for.

Now we have a problem with the only half decent storage moving app i could find for it,someone needs to make a bug free os for it or mad catz need telling straight to get kitkat out asap.As you can tell i'm venting my disgust.Thanks for letting us know about the app problem though it's good of you to test it.

What i'm prodominantly interested in right now is will a bluetooth headset use voice control on it? Or is that another feature we cannot use?

Last edited:

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
There always seems to be a catch with the m.o.j.o in every way for me,the games for tegra 4 coming out in tegrazone now aren't compatible until kitkat 4.4 comes out for it either now.Found out shadowgun deadzone don't work says for tegra 3 devices only? It's getting to be a pain,i blame the os a bit and nvidia and mad catz for taking the p@ss bringing kitkat onto the device.There doesn't seem any of the gaming to play when that's what it was designed for and sold for.

Now we have a problem with the only half decent storage moving app i could find for it,someone needs to make a bug free os for it or mad catz need telling straight to get kitkat out asap.As you can tell i'm venting my disgust.Thanks for letting us know about the app problem though it's good of you to test it.

What i'm prodominantly interested in right now is will a bluetooth headset use voice control on it? Or is that another feature we cannot use?

This app problem is just that...an app problem. I do not think this particular issue is specific to the Mojo. It is just want to app did to me when the drive was not fully mounted. It needs to not allow a game launch until it detects the hard drive and saved folders are there.

There were a few versions of Shadowgun. A Tegra 3 only version and a "non-Tegra" version. I recall I had to run the "Non-Tegra" version on my Ericsson Xperia Play (due to no Tegra chip in it) and it worked fine. Looked exactly the same actually :) Look for the non-Tegra vesion.

If the game is designed for one chip (like the "Tegra 3 only" games) it is not the fault of the Tegra 4 or Mojo that they will not load. The game devs should be less restricting with the blocking, but I guess they are scared people will buy Tegra only games, try to run them on a Rockchip or some other processor and they will not work and people will be asking for refunds in droves :)

Nvidia is of course making these Tegra 4 games "exclusive" to their device first and foremost...it is their store and processor anyway :) I am sure you will see these games available for a wider array of Tegra 4 devices...that is when you start seeing more Tegra 4 devices on the market.It is still relatively new.

Last edited:

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
This app problem is just that...an app problem. I do not think this particular issue is specific to the Mojo. It is just want to app did to me when the drive was not fully mounted. It needs to not allow a game launch until it detects the hard drive and saved folders are there.

There were a few versions of Shadowgun. A Tegra 3 only version and a "non-Tegra" version. I recall I had to run the "Non-Tegra" version on my Ericsson Xperia Play (due to no Tegra chip in it) and it worked fine. Looked exactly the same actually :) Look for the non-Tegra vesion.

If the game is designed for one chip (like the "Tegra 3 only" games) it is not the fault of the Tegra 4 or Mojo that they will not load. The game devs should be less restricting with the blocking, but I guess they are scared people will buy Tegra only games, try to run them on a Rockchip or some other processor and they will not work and people will be asking for refunds in droves :)

Nvidia is of course making these Tegra 4 games "exclusive" to their device first and foremost...it is their store and processor anyway :) I am sure you will see these games available for a wider array of Tegra 4 devices...that is when you start seeing more Tegra 4 devices on the market.It is still relatively new.
I know it's pretty scarce at present for games i have to say that,but these newer games should be a stark warning to mad catz being as they are 4.4 kitkat only so surely they need to think about moving quicker with the impending update they promise to release.

I have just found no bluetooth headset works on it that i have can't fathom it out,on there forum they put plug in mic in headphone port tried a standalone mic as well in there but no reaction voice controll wise and no audio over bluetooth?

AmigaWolf

Jan 31, 2012
It is still relatively new.

New?

The Tegra 4 device Toshiba Excite Pro came out on June 4, 2013 on Amazone, so 11 mounts ago and you call that relatively new, sorry but in
the Android and computer world that mean it's old.

The Toshiba Excite Write came out on July 7, 2013

The NVIDIA SHIELD came out on July 31 2013

The HP Slate 21-k100 came out on August 22 2013.

The HP Slate S8-7600US came out on November 2 2013.

The HP Slate S7-4400US came out on November 17 2013.

The EVGA Tegra Note 7 came out on December 5 2013.

The Mad Catz M.O.J.O. came out on December 10 2013.

The Kobo Arc 10HD came out on January 11 2014.

The HP Slate 7 Extreme came out on January 14, 2014.

The ASUS Tablet TF701 came out on March 18 2014.

The Xiaomi Mi3 came out on April 2014.

that is when you start seeing more Tegra 4 devices on the market.

And that all on the Amazon.com, That are 12 different Tegra 4 devices, so there are plenty of Tegra 4 devices available, and not a view, like you want us to think.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-phones-tablets.html

Last edited:

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
New?

The Tegra 4 device Toshiba Excite Pro came out on June 4, 2013 on Amazone, so 11 mounts ago and you call that relatively new, sorry but in
the Android and computer world that mean it's old.

The Toshiba Excite Write came out on July 7, 2013

The NVIDIA SHIELD came out on July 31 2013

The HP Slate 21-k100 came out on August 22 2013.

The HP Slate S8-7600US came out on November 2 2013.

The HP Slate S7-4400US came out on November 17 2013.

The EVGA Tegra Note 7 came out on December 5 2013.

The Mad Catz M.O.J.O. came out on December 10 2013.

The Kobo Arc 10HD came out on January 11 2014.

The HP Slate 7 Extreme came out on January 14, 2014.

The ASUS Tablet TF701 came out on March 18 2014.

The Xiaomi Mi3 came out on April 2014.

And that all on the Amazon.com, That are 12 different Tegra 4 devices, so there are plenty of Tegra 4 devices available, and not a view, like you want us to think.

Cool list. You should contact Nvidia and all of these manufacturers individually and ask them why there are Tegra 4 Shield only exclusives, and why they have not been allowed to run on ALL of these alternate Tegra 4 devices. Thank you for helping to prove that this issue is not specifically a Mad Catz Mojo issue, but rather an issue of Tegra 4 supported games being opened up to other Tegra 4 devices.

Still, the fact is that Tegra 4 is still the most powerful chip on the market (don't start talking about Rockchips that have yet to be released please) and the Mojo is the most powerful set-top box available for purchase today. Point me to another (that IS available) and I am all ears. If you cannot do that, please stop hijacking threads with nonsense.

What was the purpose of your post? To point out that the Tegra 4 was not "brand new"? It is under a year old...I consider that new. I don't give a rats ass if you don't. The other chips out there currently are as old or older.

We are talking about Tegra 4 game support in this thread, so again, keep it on topic or simply go Guru meditate yourself.

And, it is "Amazon", not "Amazone". Please use your spell checker as you make these typing errors quite often.

Last edited:

AmigaWolf

Jan 31, 2012
Cool list. You should contact Nvidia and all of these manufacturers individually and ask them why there are Tegra 4 Shield only exclusives, and why they have not been allowed to run on ALL of these alternate Tegra 4 devices. Thank you for helping to prove that this issue is not specifically a Mad Catz Mojo issue, but rather an issue of Tegra 4 supported games being opened up to other Tegra 4 devices.

Still, the fact is that Tegra 4 is still the most powerful chip on the market (don't start talking about Rockchips that have yet to be released please) and the Mojo is the most powerful set-top box available for purchase today. Point me to another (that IS available) and I am all ears. If you cannot do that, please stop hijacking threads with nonsense.

What was the purpose of your post? To point out that the Tegra 4 was not "brand new"? It is under a year old...I consider that new. I don't give a rats ass if you don't. The other chips out there currently are as old or older.

We are talking about Tegra 4 game support in this thread, so again, keep it on topic or simply to Guru meditate.

Please don't say b*llsh*t the Tegra 4 is NOT still the most powerful chip on the market, the GPU in the Snapdragon 600 is as fast as the Tegra 4, just
look at all the benchmarks out there, and the Snapdragon 800 and 801 is faster then the Tegra 4, so please don't tell fairy tales that the Tegra 4 is a Über
chip, because it's NOT.

And the Mad Catz M.O.J.O. set-top box is not the fastes available for purchase today, because the Amazon Fire Tv is about as fast as the Mad Catz
M.O.J.O.

Last edited:

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Please don't say b*llsh*t the Tegra 4 is NOT still the most powerful chip on the market, the GPU in the Snapdragon 600 is as fast as the Tegra 4, just look at all the benchmarks out there, and the Snapdragon 800 and 801 is faster then the Tegra 4, so please don't tell fairy tales that the
Tegra 4 is a Über chip, because it's NOT.

And the Mad Catz M.O.J.O. set-top box is not the fastes available for purchase today, because the Amazon Fire Tv is about as fast as the Mad Catz
M.O.J.O.

Please link to us the set top box that has this Snapdragon chip. We are not talking tablets or handhelds here. The Mojo is an android set top box, so you need to show people that there exists a more powerful SET TOP box. The Fire TV is not it, sorry.

And again we are off of the topic because of you. Please stick with the flow of the topic. We last we were discussing why Tegra 4 games have not been opened up to other devices, in case you forgot.

Last edited:

AmigaWolf

Jan 31, 2012
Please link to us the set top box that has this Snapdragon chip. We are not talking tablets or handhelds here. The Mojo is an android set top box, so you need to show people that there exists a more powerful SET TOP box. The Fire TV is not it, sorry.

And again we are off of the topic because of you. Please stick with the flow of the topic. We last we were discussing why Tegra 4 games have not been opened up to other devices, in case you forgot.

Amazon Fire Tv

Amazon Fire Game Controller

Yes the Amazon Fire TV is it, they even tel that, it's also a game console, and it have absolutely no problems playing good 3D games, they all run
fluently.

Last edited:

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Amazon Fire Tv

Yes the Amazon Fire TV is it, they even tel that, it's also a game console, and it have absolutely no problems playing good 3D games, they all run
fluently.

No, no, no. I am very sorry. You are not convincing anybody...and you are not staying on topic.

While you are at it (ruining threads that is), why don't you tell people what the downsides of the FireTV are:

1. Proprietary custom android. Forget Playstore..you can't get it!
2. No root!
3. No sideloading!
4. No keyboard support!
5. Sub par performance compared to Tegra 4!
6. No support for Tegra accelerated games (no Tegra!)

You were probably the guy who told everyone to buy a Radio Shack Coco3 at the height of the C64 era. Go away now.

Last edited:

AmigaWolf

Jan 31, 2012
No, no, no. I am very sorry. You are not convincing anybody...and you are not staying on topic.

While you are at it (ruining threads that is), why don't you tell people what the downsides of the FireTV are:

1. Proprietary custom android. Forget Playstore..you can't get it!
2. No root!
3. No sideloading!
4. No keyboard support!
5. Sub par performance compared to Tegra 4!

How is it living under a rock?

And on this XDA forum you can change allot on the Amazon Fire TV.

It does not need Root to play all the games, not like the Mad Catz M.O.J.O.

YES it has keyboard support.

No you do not NEED Google Play, or do iOS devices also have Goole Play?

Performance is good, look for yourself on Youtube and ALL the other websites.

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
How is it living under a rock?

And on this XDA forum you can change allot on the Amazon Fire TV.

It does not need Root to play all the games, not like the Mad Catz M.O.J.O.

YES it has keyboard support.

No you do not NEED Google Play, or do iOS devices also have Goole Play?

Performance is good, look for yourself on Youtube and ALL the other websites.

Here is a link to the Mojo for you to repurchase it:

http://www.amazon.com/M-O-J-O-Micro-Console-Android-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00FM5IS48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400013378&sr=8-1&keywords=mad+catz+mojo

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you repurchased it after talking so much smack.

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I have to say if you look at the time it took for large numbers of games to emerge on the tegra 3 specifically for a tegra 3,well then it is absolutely no surprise that it appears the same is happening with the tegra 4.It does take time,i am for one loosing patience but i am sitting here waiting none the less although i have to say venting about it as well,lol.

So it's i think more a case of kitkat fixes a lot like for shield and i am assuming with the m.o.j.o,and maybe that is why they are taking their time, not to mention the ouya everywhere project,i imagine it's going to be in preperation for a huge update which may introduce better controller compatability as well i hope it does any way we need that big time to.

Last edited:

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Amazon Fire Tv

fluently.

By the way, Antutu benchmark scored 20561 on the FireTV according to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Md5_P_WDzI

I just ran Antutu on the Mojo and it scored 31552. Yeah, no....FireTV is NOT more powerful. Still waiting on your list of Snapdragon set top boxes buddy. Please show us a set top box that can outperform the Mojo. I am waiting!

And, here is a YouTube video showing 31724 score on the Mojo, just to back up my claim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6R8HvGWy4k

Hmm, 20,000 vs 30,000. FireTV is better, eh? Bah. And, it is also NOT a games console. Amazon says so themselves :)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/amazon-fire-tv-is-absolutely-not-a-game-console/1100-6418731/

If everyone listened to you, they would end up with sub-par equipment. You should not even have the "Amiga" in your name, it is an embarrassment to the Amiga. Please rename yourself to "STwolf". That would be more adequate.

Last edited:

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
Please show us a set top box that can outperform the Mojo. I am waiting!
The mojo isn't the most powerful, especially now that steambox is coming out.. but it's the most powerful ANDROID topset box.

You should not even have the "Amiga" in your name, it is an embarrassment to the Amiga. Please rename yourself to "STwolf". That would be more adequate.
LOL Hard!.. that's funny

@AmigaWolf, please get a fireTV and let us know after a week or two how you like it... don't spam here if you don't have one.. really
I know your very demanding (from your tech), so I hope you don't buy something that's useless to you, just for the sack of saving $50
Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.