[Q][Help] No service after rooting my Galaxy S3?

Search This thread

snyper713

Apr 7, 2014
please help

Ok so I am by no means tech savvy or anything like that but I would really like some information on rooting my galaxy s 3 from virgin mobile. If I root my phone will it interupt my service at all? And another question is there like a super simple flawless way to do it? Im not that smart when it comes to phones but I need to have my phone rooted and I have never done it before so I havent the vaguest clue how to do it, but everybody on here seems so smart and I figured this is the best place to ask. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Ballerstattus

Aug 8, 2016
Problem with Service Help please lol

did u go back to stock then do it or did u do it while u still had root ?

Ok hello guys I am going to explain my problem as best as I can.
I have the Tmobile SM-920T GALAXY NOTE 5. I flashed the phone with the twrp recovery and a stock rom. Signal is not clear sounds distorted and like i am talking underwater

Last edited:

Joeren22

Aug 17, 2018
SM-A310F

QUOTE=billard412;29553868]If you're on stock try ##72786# in the dialer[/QUOTE]

Hey went through all the threads concerning a similar issue with my A3, dunno how you could assist with me being in South Africa, but anyways, had the phone on contract with one of our service carriers (MTN) when it expired got a new A5, the A3 however just could not connect to any network, no signal whatesoever, tried EVERYTHING, reset network setting, nothing, reset access point to default, nothing, played around in network mode (changed to just 2G then 3G, then both and then with LTE still nothing.

I then tried the ZX3 option without the box (used the cracked version V29.5)
I did the repair and unlock still nothing, i then rooted the phone with Odin used CF-Auto-Root-a3xelte-a3xeltexx-sma310f still no joy, i finally did another factory reset and still nothing, my sim works on my other A3.

Please help, im stuck

Joeren22

Aug 17, 2018
Ok so i downloaded TWRP gosh i wiped all my data off my phone , thought i bricked my device, didnt back up my fault (not really a fan of TWRP) new user, was stuck for a while, got aroma installer (was so relieved) got stock Nougate for A320 Samsung Experience v 8.1 works like a charm, forgot who all the guys are that i got the software from many thanks!!!
Still cannot connect to any network besides Wifi.
Tried the zx3 to unlock (old and new unlock) still no network, any suggestions please

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
Ok so i downloaded TWRP gosh i wiped all my data off my phone , thought i bricked my device, didnt back up my fault (not really a fan of TWRP) new user, was stuck for a while, got aroma installer (was so relieved) got stock Nougate for A320 Samsung Experience v 8.1 works like a charm, forgot who all the guys are that i got the software from many thanks!!!
Still cannot connect to any network besides Wifi.
Tried the zx3 to unlock (old and new unlock) still no network, any suggestions please
Wrong forum. This is for the S3, SPH L-710

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're on stock try ##72786# in the dialer
    RESOLVED

Yup if u odind stock and did the ##72786# u might have an issue. Take it back

Hey...I found out why I didn't have service and was able to fix it. When I had flashed AOKP, there is a setting in the Mobile Networks screen to change the CDMA subscription to RUIM/SIM. Somehow (probably playing around) I changed it from the NV to RUIM/SIM. THEN, I nandroided back to stock, and had no service. As far as I know, that CDMA Subscription option isn't on the STOCK ROM...so I was baffled. Good thing I remembered what I did.

Thanks for all of your help.

Can anyone direct me to a link to alleviate an issue with only getting 1x data with AOKP? I can't seem to find a fix for it yet...I think I might not even have data actually...
    I`m having same problem on a i9305

Did you attempt my method?
    I cant see how you can update prl/profile without a signal. couldve told u that wouldnt work.
    Try what ive posted above if you didnt already

If that dont work you need to reflash the stock rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099) and do the ##72786# trick

Man, I tried the ##72786# and I get the following message:
    Connection Problem or invalid MMI code

I'm loosing signal, when I try to call it doesn't complete the call and even with my S3 showing signal when I call to it's on the mail box...

any clue?

I lost signal after flash a custom rom. I tried to get back to the original twice, full wipe and stuff but nothing... signal keeps dropping...

Thanks
    No service...bummed

If you're on stock try ##72786# in the dialer

I am having this same issue...sadly :confused:

I've never had this happen with any of my other devices. Will I have to unroot back to stock, or can I use a stock rooted ROM? Because after dialing ##72786# in the dialer, it rebooted, and now says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" every two seconds...and still no service.

I'm worried, but am confident someone should be able to help me out on xda. I'm so impressed at all of the work that takes place on here. I wish I had the time to be able to learn how help others like myself in situations like this. :highfive:

Thanks to whoever can help.
    Try this. It s a dialer reset code

https://twitter.com/pof/status/250540790491787264
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app