[Q] Followed Tuts and this is where I am can anyone help?

Search This thread

wenglishboy

Jul 9, 2010
Right firstly appologise to the admin for posting earlier in the wrong thread, but gratitude for you patience and direction to getting me to the point where I currently am. which is.... Ive followed the tuts from getting my phone from the exclamationion/pc symbol, re-installed the correct firmware and followed the rooting tut. I am on 2.3.6 android version S5830NEKT2 baseband 2.6.35.7-1189482dpi@DELL157#1 kernel version gingerbread build no:. my question is (and believe me I have searched all evening through the forums to try to gain the knowledge myself and leave the busy guys doing what they do best behind the scenes) I cant seem to unlock all the ****e apps that come pre-installed with the phone... all i want to do is free up phone memory, and maybe install a stable sci-fi fancy looking rom/SHELL. however when i try to uninstall/view or any thing via CWM/AppMaster/installmanager/ESfileexplorer I keep getting the same message about my phone "MUST BE ROOTED" first. I did get the message at the end of rooting via the tuts and was told to thank the guy... which I did (and still do) can anyone tell me where I went wrong? I am at present thinking that maybe installing a custom ROM (currently looking at cryogen latest) would resolve my hassles am I correct?

I am extremely gratefull for you chaps on XDA for getting me this far and hope I dont come across any other way. I would be content with at least having my phone working thanks to you guys but, just cant shake the feeling I am a midges **** off from sorting the root problem can anyone help me....

ps... had a few beers so am off to bed to sleep on it for now... I have a shed load of kids and a moaning wife with a list of jobs todo over the weekend,so I will get back to this during nxt week sometime. Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated...

FRANKLY MY PHONE IS NEARLY AS OLD AS ME.. AND IM SURPRISED THE SUPPORT IS STILL OUT THERE :laugh:

Gilang555

Sep 19, 2013
Surabaya
You won't be able to install custom rom if you are not rooted and have cwm(clockworkmod) installed on your phone...
And i suggest u to use root explorer for exploring your system and/or deleting some system apps...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

wenglishboy

Jul 9, 2010
You won't be able to install custom rom if you are not rooted and have cwm(clockworkmod) installed on your phone...
And i suggest u to use root explorer for exploring your system and/or deleting some system apps...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I have tried using ES via the phone but there dosnt seem to be any files in the root folder to delete.

Gilang555

Sep 19, 2013
Surabaya
i mean is the app called "Root Explorer"
go to /system/app, that is where the system app located...
what do you mean there is no any files?