[Q] Gbox mx2 android to linux

Search This thread

chaos72653

Jan 17, 2013
Benton
Been following chroniccorey's linux mod for the gbox mx2, and am wanting to use advanced launcher to access the terminal to add firefox and a couple emulators to my xbmc. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the terminal, and ssh isn't working to apt-get from repositorys. I have some experience with linux, but am by no means pro. Any guidance?

petergreen

Mar 2, 2014
Linux 3.0.101 repos where and how?

Been following chroniccorey's linux mod for the gbox mx2, and am wanting to use advanced launcher to access the terminal to add firefox and a couple emulators to my xbmc. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the terminal, and ssh isn't working to apt-get from repositorys. I have some experience with linux, but am by no means pro. Any guidance?

Hi i also have installed the ROM on MX2 and works great but need to install openvpn can ssh into device but no apt-get / yum / ..... looked for 2 - 3 hours for some help on this O/S install/build apps. There's no gcc so cant build, cant do much in the shell. can some one help me with instructions on installing openvpn in the shell and compiling if need to. I have 3 years linux experience so far but i am surprised there is not much help in this version of arm7l MX Linux 3.0.101 other than this problem this has got to be one of the best XBMC devices for cost / speed and quality very impressed. Plus i hoping python works better on here than it does on android xbmc.

cheers

chaos72653

Jan 17, 2013
Benton
Still looking for some help on adding apps on the linux side. Either opening xterm through xbmc or running sudo commands and installs via ssh.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app