sharan2036

Dec 19, 2012
Delhi
Project Volta waiting for it i think moto x would get or i would flash a custom

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Moto X will definetly get the Android L (probably its last update) .
The question is if we will be getting a dev preview too or just when it releases in October. :(

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
im guessing not. they only said that Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 are getting dev previews

I know, but maybe companies have access to the source code.
I could only hope Motorola can make a dev preview for us too. I know it is a long shot, but I can only dream. :p
Regardless, all APKs will be taken out of the Nexus 5 preview and will probably work for every phone (new Gmail for exemple).

jonny6pak

Oct 29, 2010
I know, but maybe companies have access to the source code.
I could only hope Motorola can make a dev preview for us too. I know it is a long shot, but I can only dream. :p
Regardless, all APKs will be taken out of the Nexus 5 preview and will probably work for every phone (new Gmail for exemple).

Yeah, I'm hoping too, but at least we'll have some APKs to play with. Maybe someone will ape some features via Xposed too. I love having new toys, like a brand new OS, but I am so happy with the current form of my Moto X that I won't be completely bummed if even the developer edition Moto X devices don't see a preview release.

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Yeah, I'm hoping too, but at least we'll have some APKs to play with. Maybe someone will ape some features via Xposed too. I love having new toys, like a brand new OS, but I am so happy with the current form of my Moto X that I won't be completely bummed if even the developer edition Moto X devices don't see a preview release.
I can't wait to use the new keyboard as well. It looked really good.

d14gvn

Dec 25, 2010
Concepción
I'm waiting the moto 360 for now!!

If moto X doesn't update to the latest android L, I definetly flash a custom ROM or buy a nexus phone :p

gubshi

Oct 28, 2010
I think it's quite likely that the X will get Android L when it's done, as even the Moto E is promised to get it. There will always be CyanogenMod and thelike, but I won't give up touchless controls and active notifications :/

As for the beta - Don't think so, but one can hope. Maybe kind of like motorola's soak-tests.

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
Punti from Motorola is on record as saying that the Moto X, G and I assume the E. ...will be supported for two years guranteed...

He even responded to one of my posts on G+ in which he confirmed it.

sent from my Galaxy S5