AT&T LG Optimus G vs. T-mobile HTC One S $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

knickerblogger

Jun 20, 2012
NJ
I am trying to compare these two phones. In my situation they cost the same amount. Both in new condition. I need help deciding which to use on T-mobile until the Nexus 6 is released or a phone is released that meets my requirements for under $350.
Here is brief comparison between the options.

Display:
LG 4.7 IPS clearly beats the HTC's 4.3 AMOLED

Network Connectivity:
LG only 1900 and 2100 bands resulting in half speed data performance compared to HTC which get up to 18MBPS

Exterior Aesthetics:
HTC wins because it is slightly narrower and is built out of aluminum.

Camera:
HTC is much better even though they are both 8MP

Extras:
LG has NFC and roughly 2X better front facing camera.

Battery:
HTC has horrible battery life and lasts roughly 12hrs of light use, the LG lasts 16hrs of light use. However the LG should last 50% longer in moderate/heavy use.

Performance:
LG has an SD slot and roughly 2X better performance.

It looks like LG wins. But is the loss of connectivity and rear camera performance worth it, those are the two most important factors for most people since people pay a premium for coverage and the camera is the most important factor. Even GSMARENA gives the LG only a slight edge which is removed by the lower data speeds. http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g_e970-5062.php and http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_s-4574.php

Thank you in advance for your help, I have 24hrs to decide.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
There are 3 threads already established that are devoted to discussions about devices, please read, and if necessary, repost your question in one of these threads: The what should I buy thread or the The Device Suggestion Thread or the The Device Comparison Thread.

There are also several other discussion threads that you probably should review to help you. They are What phone do you wish you had? or
The Worst Android Device That You've Ever Had & Why
or even this place that talks about The best phone you ever owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.