bricked

Search This thread

sleepyzx

May 9, 2009
Hey guys, I havnt had a issue with my phone untill now, i installed energy rom a few days ago and i havnt had a issue however my ever my phone froze on me earlier so i poped out the battery and put it back in now it wont go past the splash screen, so ive tried to reinstall the at&t original rom and all and now i get the at&t splash but i get no where it just keeps reseting

Please Help!

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Hey guys, I havnt had a issue with my phone untill now, i installed energy rom a few days ago and i havnt had a issue however my ever my phone froze on me earlier so i poped out the battery and put it back in now it wont go past the splash screen, so ive tried to reinstall the at&t original rom and all and now i get the at&t splash but i get no where it just keeps reseting

Please Help!

Press and Hold the volume down key then push the reset button. When you see the tricolored screen, you can re-flash to a new ROM from there... just by launching a new flash.

sleepyzx

May 9, 2009
thanks for responding yea i tried that i even reinstalled the energy rom but it still wont go past the splash

guevr001

Jan 25, 2008
try flashing from you sd card, search flashing from sd card or something like that. I belive you have to format it in 32 mode and then take the rom "raphimg.nbh"(not exact spelling or proper spelling I beleive some of that has to be in capitals) sorry to here your phone is down. Try that and post your results.

sleepyzx

May 9, 2009
thanks guys for ur help but i keep getting no image file then it says serial i formated the card and everything

equinox2355

Oct 20, 2008
thanks guys for ur help but i keep getting no image file then it says serial i formated the card and everything

Try a different microSD. Also be sure that you did a full format not a quick format. I had an issue with a few microSD cards, but I like my 2GB PNY for flashing my phone via microSD.

shearsey

Jan 4, 2008
Bristol
I had the exact same issue after flashing the latest energy 3 rom

heres what i did

1. Reflashed Hard SPL
2. Flashed a stock HTC ROM, i managed to do this from my PC by manually entering the bootloader.
3. Did a hard reset
4. Let phone complete initial setup
5. Reflashed Hard SPL - Read somewhere that sock roms may overwrite \ partially overwrite Hard SPL
6. Flashed an Energy 2 ROM (only cause i wanted to check something out in it anyway)

So far its all looking good

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
I had the exact same issue after flashing the latest energy 3 rom

heres what i did

1. Reflashed Hard SPL
2. Flashed a stock HTC ROM, i managed to do this from my PC by manually entering the bootloader.
3. Did a hard reset
4. Let phone complete initial setup
5. Reflashed Hard SPL - Read somewhere that sock roms may overwrite \ partially overwrite Hard SPL
6. Flashed an Energy 2 ROM (only cause i wanted to check something out in it anyway)

So far its all looking good

This look like some dangerous steps :p
Let me ask you guys, which version of Energy are you guys using?

jonteponte

Dec 7, 2006
luleå
It happened for me with 2GB microSD. But magically after I did checkdisk/scandisk, the image found :rolleyes:

good to see you back, ive had similar issues with a my 16GB and 8GB aswell a few times i think its due to some corruption beeing made to the filesystem when we disconnect it to soon form the pc (using it as disc-drive) thats kinda the same thing that happens when u disconnect a usb-harddrive in windows while its in use by windows and tries to connect it with linux.

a really good disc-repair tool i stumbled upon is located here
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

and just to make sure its done right as gsleon3 said, do as he said and make sure that you take the you take the ruu_signed.nbh and rename that to raphimg.nbh (not sure if it has to be in CAPS, im pretty sure ive done it like this RAPHimg.nbh lots of time)

...monx, it would be great to have you back cooking wonderful stew

cheers

jonteponte

Dec 7, 2006
luleå
@jonteponte
thanks for the tool. it is not case-sensitive but name-sensitive :p
i'm not going anywhere. always around :)

-freeheel is freedom, tried, i love it ;)

@monx® you're welcome ;)

if you ever come to the northern part of sweden just let me know and ill take you on trip, i have several pairs of skis and boots aswell =)