Improvements towards messaging app bbm/imessages

Search This thread

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
So as much as I love android there is one thing that I kinda of envy when it comes to blackberrys and Iphones and and that would be bbm/imessages. Now im well aware there are apps out there like gtalk or chaton which acts like imessages but I personally would like to see this built into the messaging app itself. I am no developer or anything but it seems that imessages works on the device when it is linked towards the email used for the app store so would it not be easy for google to implement this into their os? I mean on the start up of each android device it does ask you for your gmail password so I was just thinking that this just may be a really nice feature to come out with key lime pie or something. Does anyone else feel this way?

sweeds

Jul 13, 2011
Boston
Is this any different from Google Talk? Instant Messaging tied to the Gmail account, rather than the phone number. It's just not as immensely popular.

Sent via SGS3 using Tapatalk

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
Is this any different from Google Talk? Instant Messaging tied to the Gmail account, rather than the phone number. It's just not as immensely popular.

Well thats the thing. GTalk is perfect but for example all of my friends who own android products havent even heard of it. Im just thinking if google linked GTalk to a phone number then it could be good.

Reactions: omair2005

KSprec

Feb 13, 2013
Yes that would be awesome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
So I guess a better question is what are the odds of this actually being implemented into the next update?

timkd127

Nov 20, 2012
Poughkeepsie
I have to admit that I do miss bbm from when I used blackberry's. But besides that mild feeling of exclusivity I don't really think its much different thn just texting

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
I have to admit that I do miss bbm from when I used blackberry's. But besides that mild feeling of exclusivity I don't really think its much different thn just texting

Ya i hear ya. I guess the only reason I feel something like Imessages would be helpful is because if we are in places with almost no service but there is wifi it would be pretty amazing. Then again i would be scared for samsung or google to implement this because the last thing we need is another apple lawsuit haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well thats the thing. GTalk is perfect but for example all of my friends who own android products havent even heard of it. Im just thinking if google linked GTalk to a phone number then it could be good.
    So I guess a better question is what are the odds of this actually being implemented into the next update?

1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

if google would make it part of the steup wizard and allow images/sounds to be transferred over gtalk, it would be amazing.