[q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

Search This thread

macpherson123

Jul 17, 2010
Auckland
I would be really surprised if the HOX missed the Sense 5 update, it's still a high end super phone, where as with the Sense 4 update for the sensation was missed because something a WHOLE lot better arrived. The One is not a WHOLE lot better that the HOX. They would be stupid to skip the update.

I'm also VERY happy to help in any way I can, re sizing images etc.

Thanks

macpherson123

Jul 17, 2010
Auckland

friedje

Oct 29, 2006
Chartres
That does pose an issue straight away. But surely it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a cross-resolution port? Then again, none pop to mind

What about starting with Sense 5, or even just some things like messaging etc. All depending of intirgration with the new framework i suppose. We'd really need the input from a developer here.

Android is famous for its abilities to change resolution on demand. In fact its one if the best things in my opinion. Just look at the clambook pro coming out soon, it amplifies your device screen to its own. Source

Coming soon ?? What a joke.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really no need to. HTC has been answering million of these questions on FB lately. :)

https://www.facebook.com/HTC/posts/10151736740168084

https://www.facebook.com/HTC/posts/10151736669048084
    I hate the look of sense 5 though

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App
    Well, like some devs did for the SII initially, we'll have to start with resizing all the images to XHDPI, rather than its 1080P screen.

However, many of the features, like the camera might not work, since it depends on the new Image Sense chip and new hardware altogether AFAIK, so we would need to make or edit custom drivers and libs, which, is very difficult, not impossible tho AFAIK.

Hope this project is a successful one, Good Luck, and I'm here to contribute, of any help/contribution is needed :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Yeah we're probably not getting sense 5.

Note how HTC never said the Sense 5 update and instead just said a general update. They have done this with other HTC products like the Sensation and its update to Sense 4. Instead of updating it to sense 4 they made sense 3.5. I see a similar thing happening for this phone.

But let's hope I'm wrong. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    You won't be able to port from the HTC One because of the screen res. By the time you finish resizing anything HTC would've released a new phone with Sense 5 and an XHDPI screen. Wait for that, then port.

As for the gallery and stuff it looks like it'd be a imagechip thing after the image has taken and is generated either in the camera app or in the background. If it is a CPU/GPU thing that launches when you use gallery it'll probably drain your battery pretty quickly using it, considering all the images you'll probably have.

If it is an imagechip thing you'll need to hack the camera app to use the old imagechip library. That might not work either though. So test it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app