[CASE CLOSED][Q] Possibility for SuperSU Pro Flashable ZIP?

Search This thread

Odlanyer22

Jul 8, 2014
Is it possible to insert the SuperSU Pro Key to flashable SuperSU (maybe with a little bit modification in the script?) so whenever I flash it, it is in Pro version automatically? No need for separate installation...

Last edited:

biatche

Jan 19, 2014
Yes, exactly.

The problem is that people have adopted the term rooted to also mean access to the root of the filesystems, iow, the / directory. ("Just place this file on the root of your SD card," being the most common example of that usage.)

Anyway, with / access you can remount /system to rw instead of ro, and from there you can install the su binary (either in /system/bin or /system/xbin depending on how the dev made the installer).

The apk is simply the front end (user facing) management layer.

And then toss in the common Linux misunderstanding that's bled over to Android that su stands for super user. It doesn't, it stands for set user, but without arguments (the way most people have seen it) defaults to setting you to the root user.

As a Linux user, it might be just as well to think of the apk as your sudo access assistant, and to think of the grant/deny popup as analogous to confirming access with your password.

If you haven't already, install a good busybox (I prefer this one) -

Check out "BusyBox"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox

And then Terminal Emulator and look around just as you would on Linux.

Your filesystem layout will make more sense one you use the df and mount commands there.

Hope this helps. :)

PS - Also, a thank you for taking down the pro download.

Thanks for the good info... so the apk's are often about getting the bin/xbin files to /system and having a management ui for it

what methods are employed to get the initial root access though? aka "rooting the device"

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
Thanks for the good info... so the apk's are often about getting the bin/xbin files to /system and having a management ui for it

what methods are employed to get the initial root access though? aka "rooting the device"

Manufacturer and carrier dependent.

The traditional steps have always been -

Unlock the bootloader.
Load custom recovery now that bootloader is unlocked.
Use custom recovery to flash an su package or an already-rooted (su'd) rom.
Remount /system rw at will, with su permission.

With a Nexus, you download simple tools and do just that.

With an HTC or a Sony, you get your bootloader unlock key from them. I think some Motos as well. And then carry on with the traditional method.

With some Samsungs and others, you install a maintenance tool on your PC and force an update of a rooted rom first.

And on some models, and all where the carrier made a deal to not let unlocking keys out, you have to run an app or procedure that exploits a bug to open the system long enough to either unlock the bootloader, install recovery, or install root. When they find out, they send out updates to break the root exploit - until the next one is found. Some phones never get rooted.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK bro I have made flashable zip
    Its here
    UPDATED

It is super user 2.01 pro

View attachment 2841940
    Flash it with any custom recovery

Maybe you're unaware of this but i think you should remove this download immediately, you're givivg away the pro version for free

respawn
    Is it possible to insert the SuperSU Pro Key to flashable SuperSU (maybe with a little bit modification in the script?) so whenever I flash it, it is in Pro version automatically? No need for separate installation...
    Why do you want pro.... You can enable all pro feature with out having pro key..... Check settings... It has an option for this...
    So true sir...
    There's no reason to answer why would I go to pro when I can enable pro features for free,,, when I have already the key. :p
    What really matter for now is, if it possible to flash 2 apk in just 1 flashable zip.

I think its possible (somehow)... but I don't know how to create flashable zip. Moreover, I really don't know how to create additional script (or what script to be added) needed to be used in order for key be installed too while SuperSU is being flashed.

Seems like, I what to learn on how to create script that will command to install SuperSU then the key afterwards. :p

If I'm not mistaken (as I am not a developer or what but a totally noob)... commands/scripts in a flashable zip are written in .sh file? :eek:

There is no ne to do this...... Just select any apk file abd put it to /system/app folder and restart your device
    couldnt you combine the key and the app using lucky patcher or a diffrent method?

My device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
    Rom:AOSP
    Carrier:At&t

Dont forget to thank me if i helped :D
    No luck... I flashed the SuperSU then push the key to system/app but the key didnt install itself.
    That is why I am trying to fig.out how can I insert the key from the flashable zip.

Not so sure, but a rooted device means having both the su binary and the root access manager (supersu)...?

I'll thank you if you could give me the procedure on how to combine the key. (Or if I searched for it for giving me an idea)... I havent used Lucky Patcher before. If I am able to combine the two in just 1 apk, then I might just replace the existing apk from the flashable zip so when I flashed it, its in pro version automatically. :D

ill do a little research on that, never attempted it myself but i hear you can and ive seen it happen

My device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
    Rom:AOSP
    Carrier:At&t

Dont forget to thank me if i helped :D