[ROM][ATT][4.4.2][SS] stock 165.44.1.ghost_att from sbf

Search This thread

Ctrl-Freak

Oct 15, 2013
I'm on rooted 4.4, AT&T locked bootloader, write protection off.

If I install this via safestrap, after this is installed and I'm on 4.4.2 rooted with write protection off, can I then remove safestrap while maintaining my rooted, write protect off, 4.4.2 update?

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Should work. I've never done it, but I don't see why not.

Consider making a nandroid backup before you uninstall. You could re-install it later and restore to this point.

Reactions: DownTheCross

frenchie007

Jan 27, 2011
Should work. I've never done it, but I don't see why not.

Consider making a nandroid backup before you uninstall. You could re-install it later and restore to this point.

wouldn't it be better to keep safestrap? in the event of booting problem or whatnot you could boot in safestrap and flash your nandroid, whereas if you previously uninstalled safestrap so you can't flash a nandroid anymore... am I right?

DownTheCross

Feb 23, 2010
Yeah thinking about it, I'd rather have safestrap on there anyway. I'll be giving this a shot later today hopefully, will report with personal results.

Edit: Well I got everything done without a problem, other than the little soft-brick from forgetting to remove any xposed frameworks, but after fixing that I had no trouble going from rooted wpnomo 4.4 to 4.4.2 while preserving my root and write access, was simple and successful 100%.

Last edited:

atomb

Apr 16, 2010
Denver
Can we please get a link for safestrap in the instructions? Also, are there any other 4.4.2 safestrap roms out or is this it? Does safestrap support roms like CM or are they forever incompatible for some reason?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

"soft-brick from forgetting to remove any xposed frameworks"

Do you have to uninstall each package or just the main xposed app?

DownTheCross

Feb 23, 2010
Can we please get a link for safestrap in the instructions? Also, are there any other 4.4.2 safestrap roms out or is this it? Does safestrap support roms like CM or are they forever incompatible for some reason?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Do you have to uninstall each package or just the main xposed app?

I believe you can just uninstall the main xposed framework.

rmead01

Sep 6, 2012
Subscribing. Hoping that you can work the same magic for when 4.4.3 drops on ATT. Here's to hoping :good:

dboss007

Apr 6, 2010
Upgraded from 4.4 to 4.4.2 on Monday night with the gf's phone. Kept root and having no problems! Thanks again! Hope the same can be done for 4.4.3 once it drops.

slackhouse

Oct 12, 2010
Just did this flawlessly. I was rooted with Write Protection Off on 4.4. Upgraded successfully to 4.4.2, still have root and write protection off.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: The official ATT 4.4.2 sbf has been released, and this rom was built from that.

This CWM/TWRP flashable zip is from the sbf of 165.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US (ATT xt1058). The modem and kernel are within the zip and must be flashed manually. The instructions below are mostly for rooted, locked ATT phones using safestrap.

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE.

Unlocked phones: You can flash the zip and manually flash boot.img, NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn.

ATT locked phones:
    If you can still get root, then you can use safestrap to install this zip of ATT 4.4.2 /system and get root again. Also within the zip is the official ATT 4.4.2 boot.img, NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn (for fastboot). This zip does not alter your bootloader.

Prerequisite:
    • Rooted Moto x
    • Have fastboot (motorola version for this phone) and PC drivers installed and working
    • BACKUP ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE. THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL WIPE YOUR USERDATA..
    Safestrap instructions:
    1. root (thanks jcase)
    2. install safestrap (thanks Hashcode and Team Win)
    3. Make a nandroid and copy it off the phone!?
    4. download zip to sdcard (motox-442-165.44.1.ghost_att-ss.zip, link below)
    5. download supersu flashable to sdcard (link below, thanks Chainfire)
    6. extract boot.img, NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn from the .zip to the fastboot directory of your PC
    7. enter safestrap recovery (twrp) and activate the stock-slot
    8. twrp: wipe/factory reset (WARNING. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR USERDATA. This step may be optional for some users.)
    9. twrp: flash rom (motox-442-165.44.1.ghost_att-ss.zip) to the stock-slot (be patient)
    10. twrp: immediately flash supersu .zip
    11. twrp: reboot to bootloader (home -> reboot -> bootloader)
    12. on pc: execute fastboot commands (below).

Fastboot commands: Note: If you use MotoWPNoMo, then you should skip "flash recovery"
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery boot.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache

Downloads:
    motox-442-165.44.1.ghost_att-ss.zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589378

supersu: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 (download "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP")
    I was running Android 4.4 already when doing this process. I skipped the step of wiping user data and followed the steps exactly. (I flashed SuperSU FIRST, then the ROM, then SuperSU again before rebooting to the bootloader. Maybe was unnecessary but wanted to be sure it got in there). I had no issues at all and when the bootloader commands were done I pressed the power to select reboot in the bootloader. Phone rebooted, optimized 327 apps, and I'm done. 4.4.2 running great with root and no loss of any data.

Major thumbs up for posting this!! Thank you and god bless XDA-developers!! This forum is invaluable!!!!

Oh I am on a locked bootloader by the way. AT&T locked but safestrap worked great.
    I think I get it. You are on the 4.4 bootloader which stops the recovery trick. But.. you've used MotoWPNoMo so the recovery is not necessary.

Sound right?

Glad it is working.

Exactly it! :good:
    I'm new to using safestrap but having looked around I understand some of the basics of what I need to know.

however I may have misunderstood the safestrap instructions: is it necessary to install the rom in the stock slot? or can we install to another slot in order to preserve the stock slot for 'safety'

Kitkat 4.4 does not work in a rom slot. I am guessing 4.4.2 is the same.