[Q] So, am I screwed?
First, let it be known that I'm an idiot. I'm not new to the scene but I did some really noobish things and I've really screwed myself into a corner. So, first the background info. I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, on Rogers (Canada), and I was running CM 10.2 (if I remember correctly). I set an alarm at night and woke up the next day to a recovery loop. I tried a number of ways to recover and reflash and one by one they failed, and piece by piece, I unmounted, erased and formatted everything (I know, I know). So I've got to an interesting point and I'm not sure what to do next as most method seem inaccessible. So, here's the list of broken things (that originally worked but I broke):
- No recovery/no ability to boot to recovery. All attempts cycle a boot loop.
- no internal sdcard. Can't see it or mount it. I've tricked my phone into thinking the external is the internal. This however, means I can't download anything or even copy anything to my phone. No cloud or internet files.
- no usb. I can connect and it recognizes it, but there's no sdcard (so it thinks) so there's no connection made.
- no download mode. Here's where it gets funny. I managed to flash a stock kernel with odin (YAY!) but I flashed an AT&T version and guess what? No download mode anymore. I've tried numerous combinations. I haven't yet tried a jig which is what I'm assuming everyone will say I have to do. I have no idea what I'm doing from there.
- almost unusable phone. I can't even make calls as the SIM is meant for Rogers, not AT&T
- my bank account. I'm short on cash so I can't just go and buy a new fancy phone even though I really, really want to.
I seem to be the prime example of what not to do and I brought it all upon myself. However, I've heard that as long as the phone turns on, there's hope. My goal is to get back to a CM firmware (or something else if you hate it) and maybe recover from the damage I've caused. So, am I screwed?
tl;dr Everything is broken and I'm stupid and desperate.