[CWM][FASTBOOT][OTA Fix] Fixed Radios FC12 FD02 for Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

variance

Dec 3, 2007
Google Pixel 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
has anyone tried the GA02 radio that was leaked in the jellybro CM10 euroskank thread?

edit: before anyone asks.

http://d-h.st/Hnq

GA02 (FH05 radio has been replaced with the GA02 image file. When you flash It'll say FH05 When you reboot you'll see it flashed GA02 guess someone was too lazy
to update the notification script.)

Last edited:

slopra

Jan 26, 2012
I'd like to hear some more feedback about GA02, I'm always hopeful of new radios helping out my signal. I'm in San Antonio, one of Sprint's flagship cities apparently and my signal sucks.

Really considering getting a nexus 4 and going pre paid...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

atistang

Feb 1, 2010
Do the radios have anything to do with WiFi? Seems like my WiFi drops out a lot now that I'm on a new radio

Tweakyth13f

Oct 2, 2011
FH05

Not sure where I found this anymore but radio FH05 for toroplus that i can verify works *EDIT* I see this exists in the thread elsewhere as well

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65997/toroplus_full_radios-FH05.zip

Just flash in recovery and it should work just fine, latest radio that I've seen, gives me a bit better reception and GPS lock in previously low reception areas. on PRL 25012 which i believe is the latest sprint one as well.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: prezmater

prezmater

Jul 11, 2010
Chalmers, IN
Not sure where I found this anymore but radio FH05 for toroplus that i can verify works *EDIT* I see this exists in the thread elsewhere as well

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65997/toroplus_full_radios-FH05.zip

Just flash in recovery and it should work just fine, latest radio that I've seen, gives me a bit better reception and GPS lock in previously low reception areas. on PRL 25012 which i believe is the latest sprint one as well.

Enjoy

Thank you, this is what allowed me to take my OTA after having AOKP installed and reverting back. Took me 5 hours of trail and error until I found this post. Thank you.

nvrnugh

Nov 5, 2008
Chesapeake
HELP

I have been having issues the same as everyone else I have backup my phone after I rooted didn't load any roms. I also backuped just before ziping this file. All i get is cyanogenMod going round and round and NOTHING else. I took the battery out and tried to restore but it says it has NO files.

ANY HELP?!?!?!?!?!?

I tried a factory wipe/factory reset and it brought up cyangenmod thanks.

Last edited:

reddragon79

Jan 2, 2010
GA02 is the latest radio update and when I was on stock ROM an all that bad stuff my phone wud get really hot when I was on 4g I flash the FD02 and it seemed to run cooler n my connection speeds seem the if not a tad better on the FD02 radio that's jus me here in Wichita,Ks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

jpkelly05

GA02 seems to have a problem for me when I receive a call and then another call while I'm on that call. What I get is a lot of static noise. And after that I either can't hear the other person, or I get the static noise when calling back. I have to reboot to fix this problem... I would think this is a radio problem but not totally sure. Going to try FD02. Thanks for the tip. All else fails I will try a different ROM - clean.

Last edited:

Chirpout

May 25, 2012
The Bay Area
GA02 seems to have a problem for me when I receive a call and then another call while I'm on that call. What I get is a lot of static noise. And after that I either can't hear the other person, or I get the static noise when calling back. I have to reboot to fix this problem... I would think this is a radio problem but not totally sure. Going to try FD02. Thanks for the tip. All else fails I will try a different ROM - clean.

I have that same issue. I thought it was ROM (Sourcery 5.1) or wired headphone related (I've only noticed it when using them). It seems to clear up for me when remove the headphones and put the phone on speaker.

eduncan911

May 9, 2010
NYC
I hardly ever actually "talk" on my GA02 flash, so I haven't had a chance to experience/test the static (yay Skype).

But, I can say that GA02 is best performing radio flash I've ever had.

Nearly instant "signal locks" when I enable data, on both 3G and 4G. I'm like, "that really wasn't that fast, was it?" And then I get an email notification a second later. Background: I leave my data off almost exclusively for battery (days on a single charge) and just use WiFi. I only enable data when I need it, like tethering on the train. Or, when I get a baby picture MMS'd to me. Tap the DATA and BAM, I got 3G/4G connection to download the MMS.

Lot more 4G towers on the 110+ mile commute (220+ miles round trip daily), to NYC on the Hudson Valley Metro North. I'm constantly on 4G, until I get to the city (even the Bronx has 4G! Why the hell doesn't NYC?).

For comparison, last week I flashed back to FH05 to test it on the same commute. I barely saw 4G near Croton Harmon (1/2 way) for about 5m, and that was it. Also, I had to wait 5-15s for a signal lock every time I enabled data upstate, on the train, and in the city. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Went back to GA02 while on the train yesterday, cause I wasn't getting a signal, and after a reboot, BAM I had 4G.

Last edited:
Reactions: freakb18c1

PabloCruzIII

Account currently disabled
Nov 25, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I'm coming from an LG Optimus G... Is it worth the trade? The radio issues with you alls Nexus device kinda seem... Spastastic? Idk, I love the gNex as a device but I need reliablitly too. Thanks in advance guys!

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
I'm a little confused.My radio says FH05. I was just looking around here because I was having some issues when calling and wanted to see what was up before I went in to use an upgrade. Like this phone, but it needs to work like a phone.
I'm using Slim 4.4.2 b5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus CM Blog: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Radio Images
    • Fix OTA upgrade to FD02 with these *fixed* FC12 radio images.
    • If you run CM9, AOKP, CNA or other custom Android, you may will want to flash directly to FD02.
    Thanks to considerable help from winner00 and testers in channel freenode #gn-sprint we managed to figure out the real cause of the OTA upgrade failures plaguing us. We also have extracted and thoroughly tested fastboot and CWM/TWRP flashable .zip's of both FC12 and FD02 radios in the link above. The Nexus CM blog will maintain vigorously tested fastboot and flashable .zip's for all current and future toroplus radio firmware.

What broke OTA?
    In short, this was the forum community's fault. :(
    The initial leaked FC12 factory restore has a LTE radio image that does not match the radio that shipped on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. As a result, the FD02 OTA upgrade fails. Please stop bothering Sprint stores for phone repairs/replacements.. Fortunately you can now easily fix these issues with the heavily tested downloads available from the link above. :D Please verify the md5sums before you attempt to flash with either fastboot, CWM or TWRP.

Follow the CyanogenMod Sprint Galaxy Nexus Google+ page for the latest development news and to interact with the developers!.
    Stickied for now. It will need to be maintained with future radios as well.
    Thanks
    FNM
    Flashed both CDMA and LTE radios in fastboot. Everything works great! Wish they would open up LTE here in Dallas! Probably going to flash CM9. I miss CM since I got rid of the EVO! :cool:
    I hardly ever actually "talk" on my GA02 flash, so I haven't had a chance to experience/test the static (yay Skype).

But, I can say that GA02 is best performing radio flash I've ever had.

Nearly instant "signal locks" when I enable data, on both 3G and 4G. I'm like, "that really wasn't that fast, was it?" And then I get an email notification a second later. Background: I leave my data off almost exclusively for battery (days on a single charge) and just use WiFi. I only enable data when I need it, like tethering on the train. Or, when I get a baby picture MMS'd to me. Tap the DATA and BAM, I got 3G/4G connection to download the MMS.

Lot more 4G towers on the 110+ mile commute (220+ miles round trip daily), to NYC on the Hudson Valley Metro North. I'm constantly on 4G, until I get to the city (even the Bronx has 4G! Why the hell doesn't NYC?).

For comparison, last week I flashed back to FH05 to test it on the same commute. I barely saw 4G near Croton Harmon (1/2 way) for about 5m, and that was it. Also, I had to wait 5-15s for a signal lock every time I enabled data upstate, on the train, and in the city. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Went back to GA02 while on the train yesterday, cause I wasn't getting a signal, and after a reboot, BAM I had 4G.