[Q] SD CARD being read but cant flash?

Search This thread

zee24

Aug 27, 2013
Calgary
Hi guys okay so i have a problem. i have cwm recovery and i have slim bean on my s4 installed and the thing is i i tried flashing a rom from my external sd card 32gb and it automaticallly fails no matter how many times i try and its fat32 aswell thats what it says on its properties. But when i move the rom to my phone memory it flashes just fine so what is the matter here? If someone could help ASAP that would be awesome

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hi guys okay so i have a problem. i have cwm recovery and i have slim bean on my s4 installed and the thing is i i tried flashing a rom from my external sd card 32gb and it automaticallly fails no matter how many times i try and its fat32 aswell thats what it says on its properties. But when i move the rom to my phone memory it flashes just fine so what is the matter here? If someone could help ASAP that would be awesome

Backup your SD card data, reformat the SD card. And restore the data, should work. However, the issue i was having with flashing ROMs was not due to SD card issues, but my actual data partition was corrupt and using CWM i formatted my entire data partition and everything flashed properly then.

Reactions: zee24

zee24

Aug 27, 2013
Calgary
Backup your SD card data, reformat the SD card. And restore the data, should work. However, the issue i was having with flashing ROMs was not due to SD card issues, but my actual data partition was corrupt and using CWM i formatted my entire data partition and everything flashed properly then.

HEY i tried re formatting the card but still sometimes it works other times it doesnt flash it makes no sense to me, sometimes i flash an 19505 rom and it works other times the same rom says installation aborted so then i install an 1337m rom and it works and 19505 ddoesnt i honestly am so confused why the hell is cwm doing this? Sometimes it flashes a rom and other times the same rom doesnt flash??? Can you tell me what you formatted from cwm so i can try that too

zee24

Aug 27, 2013
Calgary
-_-

And now the roms wont even flash from my internal memory either wtf??? I think twrp might be a better recovery i might ue that insted of cwm im thinking cwm is the problem

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
And now the roms wont even flash from my internal memory either wtf??? I think twrp might be a better recovery i might ue that insted of cwm im thinking cwm is the problem

Back up your internal SD card and wipe the data partition completely. Youre having the exact same issues i was. its not the recovery, TWRP sucks imo

zee24

Aug 27, 2013
Calgary
Unnessasary hate

Lol why you guys hating I got twrp and did what you said and all seems to be good I think twrp is better because in twrp there's a key important feature which is a file manager built in let's you move zips from sd card to internal or vice versa cwm doesn't have that

xdapowerapps

Jul 16, 2008
Lol why you guys hating I got twrp and did what you said and all seems to be good I think twrp is better because in twrp there's a key important feature which is a file manager built in let's you move zips from sd card to internal or vice versa cwm doesn't have that

It has some nice features but for me, the only real functions for recovery are:

1) Wipe data/cache/dalvik and some other mounts.
2) Nandroid backup and restore.

Don't have any other needs, and CWM hasn't given me any troubles in ages, TWRP on the other hand... :eek: But if CWM had the file manager, it would make it that much better for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.