Update Supersu binary via cwm, phone stuck at samsung logo

Search This thread

CustomRomAddicts

Nov 23, 2013
Please help me out guys.. Yesterday i installed Xperiacle's awesome N8XT ROM and while i updated all google apps i also Super Su app.. When i opened the Super Su app it asked me to updated Binaries and gave me 2 options, one via NORMAL method and other being via CWM or TWRP.. Since i have CWM i chose that and phone got restarted and its stuck in samsung logo ever since!..

I tried taking out the battery for a few mins that doesnt help..
I tried Pressing VOL UP + HOME + POWER but the its doesnt get into recovery!

Right now i am downloading Stock Rom and thinking of flashing it via ODIN.. Is that the only solution?..

Is there any other solution apart from this?..

Thanks in advance :)

P.S:- I didnt check into Developer options so i dont know whether USB Debugging was checked or not!!.. I suppose this may be a cause to this problem??..

CustomRomAddicts

Nov 23, 2013
@ Nokia Thanks for your reply :)

Currenly my mobile has Philz kernel but i doubt it it is in usable mode since i cant even get into it..

1) So do i have to flash philz kernel once again using odin before flashing stock Rom or after flashing stock Rom?..

2) Odin can only be used to flash Stock Roms rite?.. Custom Roms Can't be flashed using Odin right?..

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
@ Nokia Thanks for your reply :)

Currenly my mobile has Philz kernel but i doubt it it is in usable mode since i cant even get into it..

1) So do i have to flash philz kernel once again using odin before flashing stock Rom or after flashing stock Rom?..

2) Odin can only be used to flash Stock Roms rite?.. Custom Roms Can't be flashed using Odin right?..

1. Yes you have to flash philz kernel to get custom cwm recovery after flashing stock rom, you can also flash the .zip file of the philz kernel in stock rom.
2. Custom roms can easily be installed via philz recovery.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012

CustomRomAddicts

Nov 23, 2013
Well, i have downloaded the Stock rom and the Odin is stuck in the following message

" <ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7000DDLSC_N7000ODDLSC_N7000DDLS6_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection.. "

Its been a while and i dont see a msg after setupconnection!.. Previously i tried using Odin vV3.09 and i received a FAIL msg but Dr.ketan in his guide uses Odin V 1.85.. So right now using 1.85 and stuck at setupconnection!.. Wonder whether the version of Odin will make any difference?!..

Would this normally take this much time to flash a stock rom via Odin?.. Thanks for your help..

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
No.. it should not make any difference.. Make sure all the kies processes are terminated and run odin as admin.. then use the main USB port. And yeah... reboot phone into download mode and retry,

Reactions: CustomRomAddicts

CustomRomAddicts

Nov 23, 2013
Awesome! I did a quick research in Dr.ketan's thread and found this post " http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41136158&postcount=6055 ".. You also gave me the same Advice :) .. So i disconnected and did as you guys suggested and now voila! Odin finished flashing the Firmware but i am facing a " Bootloop! "..

I also found out that this kernel " http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252977 " is great for touchwiz based roms and gives great battery life!.. So is it ok now to flash the kernel without minding the " Bootloop "??..

UPDATE:- Fixed the bootloop by going into recovery and Factory reset & wipe cache.. Now it works! :)

Last edited:

CustomRomAddicts

Nov 23, 2013
Oh my god! Thank you for the kernel link!.. Thanks a lot man!.. Between do you happen to know any TW based ROMs alive other than Arya MOD , ultimate Jellybean etc..??..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No.. it should not make any difference.. Make sure all the kies processes are terminated and run odin as admin.. then use the main USB port. And yeah... reboot phone into download mode and retry,
    Oh my god! Thank you for the kernel link!.. Thanks a lot man!.. Between do you happen to know any TW based ROMs alive other than Arya MOD , ultimate Jellybean etc..??..

I don't know may man.. Just Aryamod is the most recent one with new updates going in..