[MOD] Phone.apk process FC (Force Close) fix for JVP/Q/R/S deodexed/odexed

Search This thread

geo2002

Aug 3, 2008
I have the stock xxjvq with semaphore kernel and ive deleted the two files (dialer and phone apk) and put the new ones in place.Now the problem is that on the dialing screen when its dialing a number it apears VOICEMAIL NUMBER "DAN" .Normaly it must say DIALING "DAN".
Anyone faced this problem? What is the solution ?I did something wrong ?

Please help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FC specification:

- a call (initiate/recive) with BT, headset, speaker or normal
    - wait till screen turns ITSELF off (system setting turn screen off)
    - wait till the person you speak to hangs up

New fix for JVR and JVS

File from 2.3.3 Firmware
    phone fix.zip attached
    For the deodexed ROMs just flash it from CWM or replace DialerTabActivity.apk and Phone.apk with root explorer or similar app at system/app

For the odexed ROMs delete the system/app/Phone.odex and system/app/DialerTabActivity.odex with root explorer first and then flash it from CWM or replace DialerTabActivity.apk and Phone.apk with root explorer or similar app

Please install that fix ONLY if you are experiencing phone.apk FC during the call while screen is off and when the other side hangs.

On some devices that fix can bring to boot loops and any other malfunction
    You can try this...

Hi,

for me, the fix I posted in the following thread was working on stock JVT odex.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18233030&postcount=83

Maybe you dare to give it a try...

Cheers
    Andi
    $omator,
    Let me explain this easy for you.
    I had JVP and fc after BT call when other party hangs up first,
    I move to JVQ and same problem, easy to understand so far?
    I and many others report this problem, have we all suddenly become incapable of flashing correctly? Still with me?
    I do a complete wipe and check using a military wipe tool - I work for a company that sells FIPS standard usb drives - and reflash JVQ, and believe me it is not so hard, a child could do it and that may very well include you.
    I get same FC.
    This guy posts a fix and IT WORKS! Ok so far?
    So really I don't give a sh1t where the files came from, I don't care if he dreamt them up in a drug induced haze or if he found them on his old Atari, bottom line, they work.
    Are you getting the picture $omator? Is this too hard for you? I have tried to make it very simple.
    So really mate learn to accept some things and just STFU sometimes.
    ok again me, new probable way of fixing fc issue. this time fully 2.3.4 based Phone with bugfixed code (probably) can you guys that was able to reproduce the issue try the new files?

you must copy those manualy

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17086002&postcount=1272
    where is the .zip file?