[APP] Music player for audiophiles

Search This thread

sacredsoul

Feb 17, 2007
Singapore
I did't create this app. I was using PowerAmp for years since I bought it but gave this app a try and noticed a significant improvement in audio quality so this is just to raise awareness :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp&hl=en

Has features like 64bit processing that PowerAmp doesn't have. The UI is a little clunky but I personally feel the sound quality more than makes up for it. It sounds great even with the included earphones that came with the G2. There's also a evaluation version to try it out. Try it out and leave your comments!:good:

Reactions: GibMcFragger

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
OMG I hate the UI in that player so much so it can be all the things in the world I want but I still wouldn't use it. I've tried several times to become friends with it but I just can't. I've moved on. I hate it that much.

Reactions: Incep

sacredsoul

Feb 17, 2007
Singapore
OMG I hate the UI in that player so much so it can be all the things in the world I want but I still wouldn't use it. I've tried several times to become friends with it but I just can't. I've moved on. I hate it that much.

I agree. The UI leaves a lot to be desired but I suppose it's the sacrifice one has to make to use the best sounding player on the Play store. Though one might argue for a paid app, there should be no sacrifices.

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
I use shuttle+

It got built in equalizer and great interface. Better than the stock.

On reviews the stock played got good score, but it's really nothing compared to my old Xperia Arc.......

Edit: the equalizer, stock or nonstock! It feels like it suppresses the sound. Best when I disable it.. weird..

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Chahat16

Dec 29, 2012
Delhi
Try playerpro.. Another paid app.. Great interface and widgets and themes... And sound quality too us good with the built in equaliser...

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda premium

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Neutron supposedly the engines are all about quality at the sacrifice of efficiency (high CPU usage) and the UI is horrid. I played with it a bit, but at the time I only had mp3's of average 180kbit bitrate and I couldn't hear a significant difference so I went back to PlayerPro which isn't horrid to use.

And people, mods that make things louder don't make them better.

tatootie67

Nov 5, 2012
Big fan of neutron. I actually get better bass than viper

Sent from my LG-vs980 using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
After playing with it some more, I went back to Poweramp. Neutron is far too clunky and buggy. Being I am running Viper4Android anyways, the audio quality difference was minimal.

Sent from my rooted and Xposed LG D803 on Rogers.

victou42

Jul 27, 2012
Neutron has the Best sound On play store but i don't have enough space in my 16go so i prefer poweramp because i use only mp3 320kbps...

sacredsoul

Feb 17, 2007
Singapore
I should be receiving the Westone 3 I bought from Amazon today. Can't wait to hear them out.

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Incep

Dec 10, 2010
Norway
Poweramp sounds really awful compared to neutron, but the ****ty UI, persistence and insane cpu usage makes it not worth it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Neutron supposedly the engines are all about quality at the sacrifice of efficiency (high CPU usage) and the UI is horrid. I played with it a bit, but at the time I only had mp3's of average 180kbit bitrate and I couldn't hear a significant difference so I went back to PlayerPro which isn't horrid to use.

And people, mods that make things louder don't make them better.
    I did't create this app. I was using PowerAmp for years since I bought it but gave this app a try and noticed a significant improvement in audio quality so this is just to raise awareness :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp&hl=en

Has features like 64bit processing that PowerAmp doesn't have. The UI is a little clunky but I personally feel the sound quality more than makes up for it. It sounds great even with the included earphones that came with the G2. There's also a evaluation version to try it out. Try it out and leave your comments!:good:
    Nothing beats Shuttle and viper4android.

Gesendet von meinem LG-G2 mit Tapatalk