[Q] Problema With a P768g

Search This thread

fullking

Aug 26, 2013
Hello Guys, I need your help with a major problem with my phone a P768G, the thing is that i try to unlock my bootloader, I alredy made it once with another phone, so that wasn't so hard, for that I changed my stock kdz for V10A open europe for P760, and after that to V20A y succeed in the unlock, so I wanted to try CM11 so y fastboot and flash CWM, when I changed to CWM I wipe system, dalvik cache and all the things that the guide said but when I tried to flash the rom, I get a error that says status 7 and i get confused cause never get that before, i try to reboot to get more information and surprise get stucked at lg logo and bootloops, and back to CWM, i tryed to flash kdz from lg software but things stops at 15% and say that dont recognize my phone, also when i try to hard reset the phone just turn off, Im panicking and don't know what to do, I appreciate all your help. Sorry for my english but i dont get much practice.

Last edited:
Hello Guys, I need your help with a major problem with my phone a P768G, the thing is that i try to unlock my bootloader, I alredy made it once with another phone, so that wasn't so hard, for that I changed my stock kdz for V10A open europe for P760, and after that to V20A y succeed in the unlock, so I wanted to try CM11 so y fastboot and flash CWM, when I changed to CWM I wipe system, dalvik cache and all the things that the guide said but when I tried to flash the rom, I get a error that says status 7 and i get confused cause never get that before, i try to reboot to get more information and surprise get stucked at lg logo and bootloops, and back to CWM, i tryed to flash kdz from lg software but things stops at 15% and say that dont recognize my phone, also when i try to hard reset the phone just turn off, Im panicking and don't know what to do, I appreciate all your help. Sorry for my english but i dont get much practice.

What is the exact "Status 7 error" output?
Status 7 error can be caused by trying to install a ROM that is not specifically designed for your phone model a P768, and you try to flash a P760 CM11 ROM. When flashing that ROM the updater script checks the device model/ID and if it doesn't match that of the ROM being flashed, it will abort the installation.
Make sure that your flashing the proper CM11 ROM for your specific device.

Status 7 error can also be caused by, installing the wrong or improper CWM recovery version for your device and or ROM being flashed.
Double check that the recovery version you installed is the correct CWM recovery for your device and/or the CM11 ROM that your trying to flash. CM11 also requires a specific CWM recovery version to be flashed.

Reactions: fullking

fullking

Aug 26, 2013
Thanks for your answer, I solved this way, I get back to the especific rom for my device, I can only do that trough the automatic lg support tool, cause when I tryed to flash get error of disconnected phone at 15%, later I saw that I need a specific recovery to flash the rom, so I downloaded and send it to the phone, after that I could flash the rom without problems and I'm now rocking my phone with KitKat :laugh:

Thank you. I was really scary but now I know that can get restored thru the lg utility.
Sorry for my english.

Reactions: xdrc45
Thanks for your answer, I solved this way, I get back to the especific rom for my device, I can only do that trough the automatic lg support tool, cause when I tryed to flash get error of disconnected phone at 15%, later I saw that I need a specific recovery to flash the rom, so I downloaded and send it to the phone, after that I could flash the rom without problems and I'm now rocking my phone with KitKat :laugh:

Thank you. I was really scary but now I know that can get restored thru the lg utility.
Sorry for my english.

Awesome! Glad that you got your device fixed. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is the exact "Status 7 error" output?
    Status 7 error can be caused by trying to install a ROM that is not specifically designed for your phone model a P768, and you try to flash a P760 CM11 ROM. When flashing that ROM the updater script checks the device model/ID and if it doesn't match that of the ROM being flashed, it will abort the installation.
    Make sure that your flashing the proper CM11 ROM for your specific device.

Status 7 error can also be caused by, installing the wrong or improper CWM recovery version for your device and or ROM being flashed.
    Double check that the recovery version you installed is the correct CWM recovery for your device and/or the CM11 ROM that your trying to flash. CM11 also requires a specific CWM recovery version to be flashed.

Sorry for my english.