[APP] Root Browser - Get full version for free!

Search This thread

jrummy16

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2010
Placentia
jrummyapps.com
Hey developers and fellow Android fanatics. I decided I want to share an app I developed, Root Browser.

Root Browser is like the popular app, Root Explorer. You can view and manage any file with root access. You can also multi select files and batch copy, move, zip, delete, tar. A sqlite database viewer is also included (click the home icon in the title bar).

Root Browser has all the functions of Root Explorer but I am offering it here for free :D

The version included here is the same as the free version on the market which supports ads. To get it to have the same functionality as the pro version without ads all you need to do is create this file:

/system/etc/.root_browser

(don't forget the ".")

Re-open the app and voila! you have the premium features.

ROM Developers: Please feel free to include this in your ROM! This is the main reason I wanted to give you the app with the pro features. If you decide to put it in your ROM please just follow the below guidelines:

1) Do not resign the package with your own key
2) Please include the free version, not the paid version of the app
3) Create the /system/etc/.root_browser file to enable full functionality
4) If you are feeling generous let the users know where the app came from and that they can support development by getting the pro version :p

Thanks Android fam!

If you have problems or find bugs feel free to email me (jrummy16@gmail.com)

NOTE: I would use the apk off the market as I might not update the one found here!

PRO:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browser

FREE:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

xc6t85.jpg

2qjhlx0.jpg

Attachments

• RootBrowserFree.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 35,546
  • RootBrowserFree-v1.3.0.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 8,514
  • RootBrowserFree-1.3.2.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 6,716
  • RootBrowserFree-v1.4.0.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 89,525
Last edited:

redimark

Nov 9, 2011
Nice App

Very nice app, but I seem to still be getting the upgrade bar at the bottom
after trying the .root_browser file in system/etc.
thanks for any assistance you can lend

figured it out...

Last edited:

leongwenjun

Jun 28, 2011
Seremban
pls support for chinese,I mean the name of file

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

pls support zip and rar review,like RE

bolbronx

Jul 27, 2011
This is great, thanks

When i try to create the .root_browser file it says "failed to create..."

Any suggestions?

n0gabor

May 18, 2010
I've bought it for supporting the dev, but thanks for the offer anyway!!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

silvio82

Mar 2, 2005
Same to me, no permission to create file in system's folders, not tried to delete or rename. App not ask for root privileges.....

ultradie

Jan 16, 2011
It asked for root on my phone, but great work, will be using this in replacement of root explorer :)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey developers and fellow Android fanatics. I decided I want to share an app I developed, Root Browser.

Root Browser is like the popular app, Root Explorer. You can view and manage any file with root access. You can also multi select files and batch copy, move, zip, delete, tar. A sqlite database viewer is also included (click the home icon in the title bar).

Root Browser has all the functions of Root Explorer but I am offering it here for free :D

The version included here is the same as the free version on the market which supports ads. To get it to have the same functionality as the pro version without ads all you need to do is create this file:

/system/etc/.root_browser

(don't forget the ".")

Re-open the app and voila! you have the premium features.

ROM Developers: Please feel free to include this in your ROM! This is the main reason I wanted to give you the app with the pro features. If you decide to put it in your ROM please just follow the below guidelines:

1) Do not resign the package with your own key
    2) Please include the free version, not the paid version of the app
    3) Create the /system/etc/.root_browser file to enable full functionality
    4) If you are feeling generous let the users know where the app came from and that they can support development by getting the pro version :p

Thanks Android fam!

If you have problems or find bugs feel free to email me (jrummy16@gmail.com)

NOTE: I would use the apk off the market as I might not update the one found here!

PRO:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browser

FREE:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

xc6t85.jpg

2qjhlx0.jpg
    Thank you so much, works perfect, and this app supports spanish, good work mate

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
    Cool feature is to double tap on the home icon( top left corner)it switches the background give it a try.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
    I don't get this bit:

What file type? Looked in the folder and thought there would only be one but there are quite a few. So .conf maybe? God knows. Perfect otherwise, never used root explorer so can't compare will this will be my explorer app from now.

Navigate to /system/etc, Tap the "+" button on the top right corner in the app, select "add file", input ".root_browser", press back till u exit the app, restart app...Voila!!
    Works great, however, I can't find a way to open apks like root explorer and couldn't figure it out how to mount the system in RW or RO

Though, I've just played with the app for 5 minutes :D

The new version should allow you to open apks and zips. The don't need a button like root explorer to mount system. When you copy, delete, move, etc. it will do that for you.