☞ ☆.☆.☆ OPERATION:IRON FIST, XDA & You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chezbel

Jan 16, 2011
Taipei
How about posts that say "#199 is up"? I'm pretty sure people that are seriously involved in a dev thread know how to monitor nightly builds...

Sent from my abucus

Chezbel

Jan 16, 2011
Taipei
Another crazy idea.... XDA could add a "+ 1" or "Me Too" button... For that matter maybe a "-1" button is needed, ha ha.

Sent from my abucus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As was announced last week, Operation:Iron Fist is in full effect. Read about it here.

With that being said, the following will begin to happen:

1. All non-development threads started in the Development section will be moved to the appropriate section and/or closed and the "responsible" poster (in quotes because the fact they posted in the wrong section clearly brings into question whether or not they are responsible) will be infracted.

2. Any abusive posts directed at any user will be deleted and the abuser will be infracted and/or given a temporary vacation. Multiple instances will result in a longer leave-of-absence, and if it continues you will be removed from XDA. You, and your behavior, are not welcome at XDA.

3. Any off-topic posts in the Development section threads will be deleted. These are non-helpful, and certainly not development posts. This includes the following:

• "OMG THIS IS SO GREAT!"
    • "WOW! YOU ROCK AND I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!"
    • "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!"
    • "THANKS FOR THIS!"
    If you want to thank someone for their work, do so by clicking the "THANKS" button on their post.

4. Any post, in any section, that is done to further post count will be deleted and you will face possible infraction.

5. Anything else that goes against the XDA Forum Rules and XDA Mantra will be dealt with firmly, but fairly.

Omg this is so great!

This is a perfect example of the type of boneheaded comment that does nothing but clutter the thread. LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU ALL!

I think someone just got the "Iron Fist"

Why thank you evil amphibian. But slightly off-topic........ You can hit thanks instead.

How about posts that say "#199 is up"? I'm pretty sure people that are seriously involved in a dev thread know how to monitor nightly builds...

Sent from my abucus

Another great example. Something that shouldn't need to be posted, especially since the OP should have posted a link to where to monitor new releases. Unless you're trying to count with the abacus - then that makes sense. People might want to know how high you can count.

Omg thank you i wanna have your baby

Hmm - going to decline - but I can think of a few other users who might oblige you.

Oh settle down cry baby!

This is a perfect example of a post that would get you an infraction in any thread. XDA will not tolerate this behavior. Now knowing that this user that has been with XDA for 3 years is only seeking to provide an example of what NOT to do, it may be duly noted that this would earn a nice 5 point infraction or even a nice vacation from XDA.
    This thread isn't a Development thread, it should be moved to General. ;)

Nah, seriously now - this was needed a long time ago! Hopefully it's kept to.
    This is not a complaint, but asking for clarification. i would like to ask a few questions..I read your iron fist policy and this post is not in any violation.
    I read the comments on roms to see if I would like to download a rom. And if I see a positive comment then I might consider downloading it. If i get the policy of iron fist correctly, a post such as

Thanks, smooth and fast. Keep up good work.

The above little post is grounds for disiplinary actions? It tells me somebody else thought it was favored, smooth and quick. A thank you does not tell tell us the reader, how in the heck a rom operates. I will then go into a thread, and see only stuff that does not work, since any positive feedback does not represent development issues but bug posting represents development issues. How in the heck do we then tell the developer our views without getting in trouble. I understand the main issue of cracking down on trolls and flames, but in all honesty, iron fist should be called iron wall becuase we now have censorship on on a so called open forum. If i where to say to xyz developer anything positive to give him kudos and some words of encouragement which is just as valuable as anything else, we are not allowed. Since being positive and giving support to a developer does not matter in a personal and friendly way, when only a thank you button. These developers need positive feedback also..
    This is not a complaint, but asking for clarification. i would like to ask a few questions..I read your iron fist policy and this post is not in any violation.
    I read the comments on roms to see if I would like to download a rom. And if I see a positive comment then I might consider downloading it. If i get the policy of iron fist correctly, a post such as

Thanks, smooth and fast. Keep up good work.

The above little post is grounds for disiplinary actions? It tells me somebody else thought it was favored, smooth and quick. A thank you does not tell tell us the reader, how in the heck a rom operates. I will then go into a thread, and see only stuff that does not work, since any positive feedback does not represent development issues but bug posting represents development issues. How in the heck do we then tell the developer our views without getting in trouble. I understand the main issue of cracking down on trolls and flames, but in all honesty, iron fist should be called iron wall becuase we now have censorship on on a so called open forum. If i where to say to xyz developer anything positive to give him kudos and some words of encouragement which is just as valuable as anything else, we are not allowed. Since being positive and giving support to a developer does not matter in a personal and friendly way, when only a thank you button. These developers need positive feedback also..

Here's where you miss the point. See below to clear this up:

• XDA is a developers site
    • XDA is a free forum you are ALLOWED to use. We could make it invite only
    • XDA is and always will be about the developers. And before you say without the users there would be no XDA, Bull****, who do you think used the stuff before normal people even knew what a smartphone was......wait for it.........other developers. People that could give good feedback with relavent info. Not just "dahhh this is broken, please fix".
    • XDA is not a place to come and make your phone cool.
    • XDA is not the cool place for idiots to hang out.
    • XDA is not your friends house
    • XDA is not a democracy
    • XDA is not a place to make Money.

XDA IS a place to come to learn and share your knowledge. If you are not here for those reasons then you are here for the wrong ones.

Brush up on the XDA Mantra and understand what XDA is about.

In the Development threads, post only what is relevant to development - and "HEY! I flashed XYZ and it works great! You're the best!" is NOT relevant for discussion. End of story.

Hitting THANKS "should" be an indicator to someone that the development project in question is like. But, even so - this isn't really for the users. The developers post their work to share, but do so for themselves not you. Anything you do is at your own risk.