[Q] Restore SMS to another account

Search This thread

CoreyC

Feb 3, 2007
Saint Charles, MO
I have a Lumia 920 and the account I've been using with it has started to get flooded with spam mail. I've created a new account but before I switch the phone over to use it I'd like to make sure there's a way to restore/transfer my SMS messages. Is there a way to do this? The only WP8 app I've found that claims to backup/restore/transfer SMS messages is the Nokia app and that appears to only work over Bluetooth to another phone. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
What does spam mail have to do with the account you sign into the phone with? You don't have to sync the email account to the phone. Heck, my "Microsoft account" uses an email address that I couldn't sync directly even if I wanted to (it's a personal account that I sync separately using IMAP/SMTP, not a Hotmail/Outlook/whatever account)! Just stop syncing mail on that account and stary synching another one. That way you don't have to tell everybody to start using a different Skype or Messenger or anything else account, either...