Unknown Imei,baseband,Sensors not working,random reboots

Search This thread

akshitgupta95

Sep 17, 2010
hey,one day my phone was going crazyand laggy.no sensors were working.So i decided to restore from Cwm backup i made earlier.After that my phone shows unknown baseband and imei and same sensor problem and also getting random reboots.
i have tried flashing factory images,deleting persist/sensors/sns file,but still facing the problems.
also in fastboot it shows me the baseband version but it is only in about phone where it says baseband unknown.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
hey,one day my phone was going crazyand laggy.no sensors were working.So i decided to restore from Cwm backup i made earlier.After that my phone shows unknown baseband and imei and same sensor problem and also getting random reboots.
i have tried flashing factory images,deleting persist/sensors/sns file,but still facing the problems.
also in fastboot it shows me the baseband version but it is only in about phone where it says baseband unknown.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You flashed the full Google factory image (flash-all.batt) in fastboot and your issue still not solved? Do you see a Imei number when you type in dialpad *#06# and a Macadress in about the phone? Have you backed-up your EFS folder? Start with flashing the cache.img in fastboot (fastboot flash cache cache.img), that helps sometimes.

Last edited:

akshitgupta95

Sep 17, 2010
already done

You flashed the full Google factory image (flash-all.batt) in fastboot and your issue still not solved? Do you see a Imei number when you type in dialpad *#06# and a Macadress in about the phone? Have you backed-up your EFS folder? Start with flashing the cache.img in fastboot (fastboot flash cache cache.img), that helps sometimes.

yes i flashed full factory image several times.
no idon't see imei in dialpad.
yes i see a wifi mac adress.
No i have not backed up efs. but i dont think efs is the problem as it says unknown baseband.
yes i have also flashed cashe.img in fastboot.

tangosierra_

Jul 1, 2012
Singapore
www.sgtrains.com
these are the exact symptoms of a corrupt EFS, and because you don't have a backup your phone is screwed and you will need a new motherboard. always backup EFS the moment you get your phone... That's what everybody says.

If I were you in this situation I'd salvage as many sellable parts of the phone (screen, battery etc), and use the money to buy a completely new phone. Otherwise I will just send it in for replacement

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

akshitgupta95

Sep 17, 2010
don't think efs messed up

I don't think that the efs is messed up.I only did a restore from backup.moreover I had never flashed any custom ROM on the device.I was running stock ROM with xposed and restored stock ROM.Also,the day this thing happened,I flashed factory image several times and was unable to fix the problem.However,the next day it became fine automatically and was showing baseband and imei.Then I just power off the phone.When I turned it on,I was again not able to see imei.Since then I have been unable to get imei back.