Help with roms please

Search This thread

confrontation

Feb 6, 2010
I have downloaded a few roms for my AT&T I717 Note.
WhenI try to install them via CWM I get an error STATUS 7 , "this package is for SGH-I717 quincyatt. devices; this is a i717"
Under the battery it shows it as a GT-I717.
I cant seem to find a Rom for it :confused:

I had flashed this ROM
KIES_HOME_I717UCMD3_I717ATTMD3_1117019_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 before trying to install the other ROMs

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
I have downloaded a few roms for my AT&T I717 Note.
WhenI try to install them via CWM I get an error STATUS 7 , "this package is for SGH-I717 quincyatt. devices; this is a i717"
Under the battery it shows it as a GT-I717.
I cant seem to find a Rom for it :confused:

I had flashed this ROM
KIES_HOME_I717UCMD3_I717ATTMD3_1117019_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 before trying to install the other ROMs

Your recovery simply needs updated. Make sure you have the newer files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
I'm having the same problem. Can define how to 'update' a recovery and point me to an explanation of how to do it? Thanks

What recovery are you running now?
CWM 6.?.?.?.
TWRP 2.?.?.?

Are you getting status 7?

What are you trying to flash?

pstrulm

Apr 1, 2011
What recovery are you running now?
CWM 6.?.?.?.
TWRP 2.?.?.?

Are you getting status 7?

What are you trying to flash?

Thanks captemo. Checked CWM and it's 5.5.0.4. Sounds like a problem, doesn't it? The ROM was Beanstalk 4.4.4001 - 20140621 - quincyatt_2.zip. The bezel on my Note is not designated ATT, so I'm wondering if it will not accept this ROM. The label under the battery simply says "Samsung SGH-i717".
Thanks again for any help.

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Thanks captemo. Checked CWM and it's 5.5.0.4. Sounds like a problem, doesn't it? The ROM was Beanstalk 4.4.4001 - 20140621 - quincyatt_2.zip. The bezel on my Note is not designated ATT, so I'm wondering if it will not accept this ROM. The label under the battery simply says "Samsung SGH-i717".
Thanks again for any help.

Thats a pretty old version and many KK roms wont flash with them.

There is a TWRP 2.7.1.0 from Gimmieorilltell in Development.
There is also an update CWM Touch, I beleive 6.0.4.7

Both of them are flashable zips. Download and flash like any rom. Once you boot up into whatever rom you are now on, or I guess you could pull battery, but next time you boot into recovery your new one will be there.

TWRP is super easy.

pstrulm

Apr 1, 2011
Wow! I'm feeling pretty dumb here, but when I attempt to flash the TWRP 2.7.1.0 zip through CWM 5.5.0.4, it returns:
"Installing update. . .
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH - I727" getprop("ro.product.device") == "skyrocket"
getprop("ro.build.product") == "skyrocket"
E:Error in /emmc/jjd-openreovery-twrp-skyrocket-2.7.1.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

And when I attempt CWM 6.0.4.7, it defaults back to 5.5.0.4 when I reboot into recovery. Any ideas? These are not supposed to be installed through Odin3, are they?

Matholameu

Aug 5, 2014
Wow! I'm feeling pretty dumb here, but when I attempt to flash the TWRP 2.7.1.0 zip through CWM 5.5.0.4, it returns:
"Installing update. . .
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH - I727" getprop("ro.product.device") == "skyrocket"
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

And when I attempt CWM 6.0.4.7, it defaults back to 5.5.0.4 when I reboot into recovery. Any ideas? These are not supposed to be installed through Odin3, are they?

I'll help you get TWRP 2.7 on your phone. Download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoEy8x_JgpqTHRvRk5PVjhXTlE/edit?usp=sharing
Then use Odin 3.07 available here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoEy8x_JgpqbUt3WEl3YzZxWFE/edit?usp=sharing to flash it with.
(You'll have to copy and paste the links because I'm still a new member.)
You will flash Odin in the PDA slot. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked.
Both of the links above are to my google drive so I know the files work. Good luck! Let me know how it went.

(I'm sure you know this but I'm tired and just to be safe, Volume down and power button on your phone at the same time for download mode. You'll need to enter it to use Odin.)

Reactions: pstrulm and captemo

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
"Installing update. . .
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

This is making me think you are not reading OP. I have used both files and never had "skyrocket" anything. Did you get files from right place.

If you read OP's you may have seen that these are flashable zips. There are file that will go through Odin, but flashing like rom is just so easy.

Let us know how it goes and dont forget to thank the pereon who provided with Odin files. Sorry cant remember name while typing here.

Reactions: pstrulm

pstrulm

Apr 1, 2011
Thanks to all, but I'm in a big mess now. I downloaded TWRP, downloaded through Odin, was up and running well. Backed up system in TWRP, re-attempted to flash Beanstalk, but no luck. Wiped and tried to restore original backup . . . nothing! Now after several attempts, my phone won't even turn on and go into TWRP. Am I finished? The Samsung Galaxy Note will not boot to anything. In fact there is no response with phone even with fully charged battery. Heeeellllllllpppppp!

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Thanks to all, but I'm in a big mess now. I downloaded TWRP, downloaded through Odin, was up and running well. Backed up system in TWRP, re-attempted to flash Beanstalk, but no luck. Wiped and tried to restore original backup . . . nothing! Now after several attempts, my phone won't even turn on and go into TWRP. Am I finished? The Samsung Galaxy Note will not boot to anything. In fact there is no response with phone even with fully charged battery. Heeeellllllllpppppp!

You got right device file???
Can you get download mode???

Flick the back of phone a couple time with finger. Stuck power button can be common. Dont be afraid to flick pretty good. Dont hurt finger though. Button may sound or feel normal, but could still be stuck.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
try to pull the battery out, once out hold down both volume buttons along with power button, put battery back in while still holding all three buttons and see if it gets you into download mode. I had the same issue when upgrading cwm to twrp 2.7.1.0 a few days ago, I got stuck in a bootloop like you and only way I recovered was going back to stock and work my way back up to 4.4.4. I havnt upgraded to twrp yet but when I do this time I'm extracting the recovery. IMG and using flashify to flash it this time around.

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
I hate to ask this question but it needs to be asked. Are you absolutely positive that you have a Galaxy Note i717?

The reason I ask is that "Skyrocket" is the designation for the Galaxy II.....i727.

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: captemo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Installing update. . .
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

I'll help you get TWRP 2.7 on your phone. Download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoEy8x_JgpqTHRvRk5PVjhXTlE/edit?usp=sharing
    Then use Odin 3.07 available here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoEy8x_JgpqbUt3WEl3YzZxWFE/edit?usp=sharing to flash it with.
    (You'll have to copy and paste the links because I'm still a new member.)
    You will flash Odin in the PDA slot. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked.
    Both of the links above are to my google drive so I know the files work. Good luck! Let me know how it went.

(I'm sure you know this but I'm tired and just to be safe, Volume down and power button on your phone at the same time for download mode. You'll need to enter it to use Odin.)
    "Installing update. . .
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

This is making me think you are not reading OP. I have used both files and never had "skyrocket" anything. Did you get files from right place.

If you read OP's you may have seen that these are flashable zips. There are file that will go through Odin, but flashing like rom is just so easy.

Let us know how it goes and dont forget to thank the pereon who provided with Odin files. Sorry cant remember name while typing here.

I hate to ask this question but it needs to be asked. Are you absolutely positive that you have a Galaxy Note i717?

The reason I ask is that "Skyrocket" is the designation for the Galaxy II.....i727.

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app