New Browser.. works great...UCWEB Super Browser v6.0.1

Search This thread

Bupahs

Apr 20, 2008
East Petersburg
I stumbled upon a new Mobile Browser for our HTC Dash, its called UCWEB Super Browser v6.0.1. While it is still a Beta, it is very stable (has not crached or froze up yet and I've been using it for a few days), it is very fast, has TONS of options and well (I hate to say it) is a bit better then Opera Mobile. It works flawlessly with Google (like Googles new "my location" feature on mobile search, GMail and others where Opera does not work or only half works. Security is very good and its fast as heck in rendering (it renders pages on the device not a remote server) pages and gives you the option of preformating to your devices screen size.

A quick feature summery:

Main Features:
• FREEWARE - Its free cant get better then that
• Adaptation for small screen
• Data traffic statistics
• Visited history
• Domain name quickly input
• Supporting multi-formatted file
• Supporting web local-storage
• Multi-windows browsing
• Page dynamic optimization
• Picture optimizing display
• Shortcut Keys (user defined)
• RSS Feed Subscriptions
• Built in E-mail Client for POP3 and IMAP, full support for attachments
• Comprehensive search features (user definable)
• Download Manager - Resume broken download connections
• Personal Data Manager - Saves web sites to your device, export bookmarks

All in all I give it a solid 9 out of 10 (and its still in Beta)

Check it out here: UCWEB Super Browser v6.0.1 beta

Download the Windows Mobile 5 and 6 CAB file here: UCWEB Super Browser for WM 5 & 6

Last edited:

pfunkside

Jan 8, 2008
Milwaukee
I can't get it to load after installing the cab. Freed up memory and closed everything in task. Hmmm when I get time I'll try again. I checked out the website and phone model not supported. They have a generic option. What phone did you select Keith?

stylez

Moderator Emeritus

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
Honestly...you're not hip to the Chinese language?? wow
I honestly flipped a coin and picked 2. lol
Here you go

Update: Although playing with it, not knowing if that is the right picking, it is a bit buggy.

I installed the generic, Java. I like that a whole lot better.

Maybe Keith can enlighten us on picking the right phone for our Excaliburs.

Last edited:

pfunkside

Jan 8, 2008
Milwaukee
Yeah I installed the java generic earlier today and it worked fine but the Chinese is a killer. It makes you crave rice...

It's quicker than skyfire but not so sure it's faster than mini.

I'll try the HP cab.

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Honestly...you're not hip to the Chinese language?? wow
I honestly flipped a coin and picked 2. lol
Here you go

Update: Although playing with it, not knowing if that is the right picking, it is a bit buggy.

I installed the generic, Java. I like that a whole lot better.

Maybe Keith can enlighten us on picking the right phone for our Excaliburs.

Nice one, how did you know which Java one to get? Or was it lucky dip again?
Look @ this for a translation http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translat...pts/webcommon.php&lp=zt_en&btnTrUrl=Translate
rather funny :)

Bupahs

Apr 20, 2008
East Petersburg
Visit the wap site with your phone http://wap.ucweb.com . I downloaded mine directly from the wap site and it autodetected my Dash (I run 6.1 Kav by the way) and I had no problems. The above CAB is for WM 5 or 6, I guess it looks like it wont work on 6.1 or perhaps the CAB got messed up on upload.. I'll reupload it.

nic3a

Mar 17, 2008
Oregon
this is what you want right?

the Dopod 720w is the same as the Dash so this is the version you want am i correct?
also acording to translation the first download link is the most current version where as the second link is last stable.

I find that the fist link does not work however the second link works. (as far as running the programm goes)

i must also say its very beautiful nice find, its fast like opera mini but functional like skyfire of corse sacrific on both but meets in the middle somewhere.

Last edited:

alex_2006

Aug 18, 2007
The English version works fine on my HTC Touch Pro (Raphael). Up to yesterday, the file name for HTC Diamond (should be OK for Touch Pro I believe) is:

UCWEB6-61-300-31-08081214.cab

Chinese HTC is re-branded as Dopod or 多普达, Touch Diamand is calleds900.

I love the browser not just because I speak Chinese but for its unmatched features that not found with other browsers. But I don't put all my eggs in one basket, BTW.

It can use vodafone's 3G high speed Internet or Wifi (not USB with ActiveSync ).

The function that I would like to have in future versions is Flash!

efeeze

Sep 30, 2008
Thx for the info on ucweb

thx bupahs ucweb is awesome i like it more than opera mini,more options plus when i edit my cpr file my font is the font for all applications in ucweb ,cool

tmcdoniel

Nov 15, 2007
It took me several tries to get the right version from their website. First I should have scrolled down to where I could switch the language to English. Instead, I downloaded the first one that appeared to be for a Windows Mobile SP. It turned out to be the latest Chinese version and even the chinese characters wouldn't show up on my phone.

Then I installed a Windows version, but I got warnings that it wasn't for my phone. It worked anyways, but I did want to get rid of the warning so I tried again. I recall someone mentioning that the HTC Dash and the Dopod C720W are the same. So I found that particular version and it is really fast! It's amazing as well that it's running natively and not as a Java App.

Uninstalling the other incorrect versions didn't go so smoothly though. The icons remained in Start/Programs. Therefore, I restored my phone from an earlier backup and then reinstalled the UCWeb browser.

Thanks again for this great find!

Thank you,

Tim

Guitar100

Jun 16, 2009
Florida
UCWEB....

I downloaded,works great except for streaming videos.Says i need the latest version of flash player....when i try to update,it asks what OS i have.i`m not sure which to pick...I feel stupid but can i get alittle help?A link maybe? Thanks in advance.....;)

SRgustavo

Dec 17, 2007
Rosario
the only thing i don't like is that i can't see facebook like in opera mini otherwise is awsome
i have the latest version 6.3