Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352937597087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352937597087.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,997
Reactions: 1SiK1500

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
That option has been there for ever when you access it via the secret code.

And I don't think the s3 is lte equipped

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

mac208x

Jun 13, 2009
As far as I know sg3 doesn't have lte radio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Just like everyone else, ive been wrong before, and it would be awesome if I am this time. I just dont think it does a lot of good to speculate either way when the rollout doesnt even start till next year and most of us wont see it till a year after that
It just seems to serve to confuse people and get their hopes up when it probably wont even work with this phone.

Also, a number of people have unlocked the T999 for use on Sprint and Verizon and are not able to get LTE. Just sayin. Im leaving it at that though. :cool:

moxis

Aug 11, 2010
the nice thing about MSM8960 SOC board is that the radios can be programmed to virtually any current GSM, HSPA or LTE frequency in use in the United States today. the board has a RAT lock on it and not sure if it can be unlocked but all GS3's support any of the three frequency's. now if any one knows how to unlock and program them thats another story.. and just cause the software has a setting doesnt mean tmobile put it in there. and with the gs4 launching in feb-mar im not to sure they would even update the gs3. every one wants lte and if you have to buy a new phone to get it then thats how they make money.

Last edited:

walliester

Aug 12, 2008
Well I have talk to several people from samsung and tmobile and they said that the s3 is capable of the LTE, but you can't use them till the end of this year and beginning of 2013 .I hope this is true, if you guys don't believed me ask Samsung or T-Mobile and I try 5 times different people and they all told me the same ....

Reactions: ddizzy81

Djapatos

Apr 7, 2011
To add to this... if you go on the app manager in the setting.. and go on the all apps.. u ll notice these 2 apps
Com.test.LTEfunctionality.. and com.test.LTEtestmodesetting.
Explain this

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
To add to this... if you go on the app manager in the setting.. and go on the all apps.. u ll notice these 2 apps
Explain this

This is probably because they use the same build for all 4 models and it's easier to leave it in since 3 carriers carry it?

But anyways the s2 Hercules also had that option, but the hardware didn't allow it.

Reactions: benefit14snake

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Seriously I could care less about LTE. First off, I get great speeds with hspa, second, by the time LTE has arrived I will have already moved on to another phone that supports LTE.

Sent from Flip's S3

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
By the time lte does roll out... The galaxy s4 will be out and most of us will switch to it. And I'm pretty sure the s4 will support lte

redhooka

Jan 8, 2008
A simple Google search will show that this model of the S3 does not have an lte radio.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Shayd93

Aug 7, 2012
NYC
I dont' think they would pull out the LTE radio from thew chip just for T-mobile so I'm sure it's there BUT, T-mobile as being plain greedy of all companies across world has to release their Long Term Evolution Network on band NOT supported by S3 they will make more money on new phones possible Galaxy S3 Rocket or whatever

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I'm listening of course I just have a different opinion

Sent from my SGH-T999

Well thats your opinion. THere is no reason to post a thread about an opinion with zero information backing it up. It is quite rude of you actually. DocHoliday has been telling everyone that there is no possible way for our phone to support LTE. And why does he say this? Well because thats his opinion, but he has it backed by very simple to understand hardware specs. LTE is a total separate radio then the standard GSM that our device has. So unless they release a new S3 for T-Mobile, then the S3 will never see LTE. There is no amount of software hacking that will put a hardware component into a device. And every T-Mobile person i have asked confirmed the S3 will NOT support LTE. SO EVERYONE just leave it already.

What really annoys me is how you decided you just had to create a whole separate thread about this which has been discussed hundreds of times. you have an opinion great, post in a thread that already exists.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

This is probably because they use the same build for all 4 models and it's easier to leave it in since 3 carriers carry it?

But anyways the s2 Hercules also had that option, but the hardware didn't allow it.

Was just about to say this. Thanks Teo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its there becsuse sammy built the same JB base for all the carriers.
    Seriously, dont get your hopes up for this. It has been discussed a lot in the past and our hw will not support LTE.

^this guy has a point...wouldn't make much sense that Samsung would make a special board just for the T-Mobile Galaxy S III

While I agree it doesn't make much sense at all, I guess we will all see soon enough about this whole LTE situation. Personally if I knew there would of been an LTE enabled S3, I would of waited for it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Seriously I could care less about LTE. First off, I get great speeds with hspa, second, by the time LTE has arrived I will have already moved on to another phone that supports LTE.

Sent from Flip's S3
    I'm listening of course I just have a different opinion

Sent from my SGH-T999

Well thats your opinion. THere is no reason to post a thread about an opinion with zero information backing it up. It is quite rude of you actually. DocHoliday has been telling everyone that there is no possible way for our phone to support LTE. And why does he say this? Well because thats his opinion, but he has it backed by very simple to understand hardware specs. LTE is a total separate radio then the standard GSM that our device has. So unless they release a new S3 for T-Mobile, then the S3 will never see LTE. There is no amount of software hacking that will put a hardware component into a device. And every T-Mobile person i have asked confirmed the S3 will NOT support LTE. SO EVERYONE just leave it already.

What really annoys me is how you decided you just had to create a whole separate thread about this which has been discussed hundreds of times. you have an opinion great, post in a thread that already exists.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Was just about to say this. Thanks Teo!
    Explain this