Google launcher bug in 4.4.2?

Search This thread

ruskastud

Feb 28, 2006
Didn't work...... I uninstalled an went back to 3.1.8.920880

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Downloaded7

Sep 10, 2013
The only fix today is to uninstall the updates for google search. hopefully, google will fix the issue in the near future.

Hi there, sorry but I am a bit of a newbie and I don't really know how to deal with this. I am having this happen on my Nexus 4 after installing Paranoid Android (was running stock for a while and CM 11 before that with no problems at all)...how do I revert my search app to avoid the screen resets? Thanks!

jhannbernas

Sep 11, 2010
Singapore
Hi there, sorry but I am a bit of a newbie and I don't really know how to deal with this. I am having this happen on my Nexus 4 after installing Paranoid Android (was running stock for a while and CM 11 before that with no problems at all)...how do I revert my search app to avoid the screen resets? Thanks!

just go to settings > applications and look for google search then unintall updates. But from what I know today, you use the most updated google search and update also the Google Now Launcher which is also available now on the PlayStore.

Google Now Launcher:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher&hl=en

Google Search:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&hl=en

Downloaded7

Sep 10, 2013
just go to settings > applications and look for google search then unintall updates. But from what I know today, you use the most updated google search and update also the Google Now Launcher which is also available now on the PlayStore.

Google Now Launcher:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher&hl=en

Google Search:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&hl=en

Do you mean that since the latest update, the issue is fixed? I still had this problem on my Nexus 4 yesterday :(.

Downloaded7

Sep 10, 2013
try to install the latest google now and search. then try to clear cache both application if possible. then and setup again your homescreens.

Tried this a few days ago and I still have problems. Should I wipe App data too? It's really frustrating and makes the launcher almost unusable.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Correct. Dropping back Google search does fix the bug. As above, hopefully Google will fix it soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Does this still work? If so, how do I revert to a previous version? Having issues on my Nexus 4 with latest Search and GNL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an update today for google search, but still the layout is still not fixed for N7 device. :(
    its not 4.4.2 its the google search update

prepare for the GEL release ..
    Same problem here after Google search app update. Also, has anyone else had an issue with the camera icon dissapearing from the homescreen? Since the update issue everytime I keep adding the camera to the launcher bar it will disappear after I lock and unlock my N7...

Have the same issue and I found this thread while searching for the issue.

I really don't understand what Google is doing here. It seems Google is too busy collecting money and leave testing to us (users).
    How can they update a piece of software made by them (Google Search) and release it without even testing it on AT LEAST its own Nexus tablets ?!
    It is not a hidden bug that affects "some" users, it is broken by design and one small "eye" test would reveal it.

I've really had enough with all the crap Google is doing from breaking ActiveSync for iOS devices to Youtube mess up and how crappy and cheaply made their devices are.
    Correct. Dropping back Google search does fix the bug. As above, hopefully Google will fix it soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app