Not able to root A500

Search This thread

android_exp

Mar 13, 2012
Hi
I am trying to root Android Acer A500. I downloaded Gingerbreak.apk and tried it but it doesnt do anything and just runs for 15 minutes and the device turns off. No reboot or anything.
Can someone help me to root the device. Also I am worried, if there is a possibility that I will loose my files when I root
Thanks

shaun298

Jun 14, 2011
Union City Indiana
Hi
I am trying to root Android Acer A500. I downloaded Gingerbreak.apk and tried it but it doesnt do anything and just runs for 15 minutes and the device turns off. No reboot or anything.
Can someone help me to root the device. Also I am worried, if there is a possibility that I will loose my files when I root
Thanks

All depends on what version os you are running as to how to root.

puya1987

Mar 12, 2012
tehran
Hi
Thanks

use the modified gingerbreak in the following link (remove spaces)
http: //www. addictivetips. com/mobile/how-to-root-acer-iconia-a500-honeycomb-tablet/
and follow the steps as it says
no you wont loose your files until you dont brick your device
but you may loose your app data if you do something wrong
so dont forget to backup

Reactions: android_exp

theguz

Apr 21, 2011
I'm not sure what the modified gingerbreak is, but I had the same version and I had to downgrade to 3.0.1 and root and installed custom recovery From there

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

android_exp

Mar 13, 2012
Thank you all.

One suggestion, please be careful before using the Rooted 3.2.1 V4. It deletes all the apps and data. Its like resetting your device. I couldnt backup my apps because for some reason, some apps are protected and doesnt get backed up. I was trying to avoid gingerbreak.apk because as mentioned in this forum it has malware embedded, which is true, I got alert from a png file in the app.

Thanks again:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    Thanks

use the modified gingerbreak in the following link (remove spaces)
    http: //www. addictivetips. com/mobile/how-to-root-acer-iconia-a500-honeycomb-tablet/
    and follow the steps as it says
    no you wont loose your files until you dont brick your device
    but you may loose your app data if you do something wrong
    so dont forget to backup
    First off be aware that ginger break has malware in the file. Otherwise I had great luck with this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1307539. Good luck