Epic 4G Phone Battery Reviews

Search This thread

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
That OEM 1800 mAh review really should be done with an almost virgin battery to see its original capacity. Maybe someone with a new one could send it in or someone who is going to get one could order it to you.

Sent from my Phone with An App
Still is good to see how it held up as all the other batteries have some mileage on them too.

But yeah I'd love to get a fresh new battery for comparison's sake

CASHVILLEBOS

Apr 12, 2011
Nashville
Waiting on my new extended when it gets here ima send you my Seidio 3300 for testing I've had it for months now but it should still be in pretty good shape.

Whats a phone thats not rooted? Root it or stay stuck on stupid!!!

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Waiting on my new extended when it gets here ima send you my Seidio 3300 for testing I've had it for months now but it should still be in pretty good shape.

Whats a phone thats not rooted? Root it or stay stuck on stupid!!!
Awesome!! That's been on the top of my list for battery's I really wanna test (and no doubt discredit :p )

<-----Not a fan of the way Seidio and Mugen takes advantage of people

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Second OEM1500 battery up!
OEM Slim Battery #2 "1500mAh" --Manufactured July 26th 2010-- $??.??
OEM1500-2_Results.png
[/QUOTE]

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009

Pretty damn good for a year old. Want me to send you my OEM 1500 mAh when I send you the new Hyperion?

Sent from my Phone with An App[/QUOTE]
Sure whatever I can get my hands on!

What's the manufacturer's date?

Tomcat5

Aug 17, 2011
Lower Slower Delaware
Pretty damn good for a year old. Want me to send you my OEM 1500 mAh when I send you the new Hyperion?

Sure whatever I can get my hands on!

What's the manufacturer's date?[/QUOTE]

Yeah just realized the other one is 2 years old not 1... Even better! Anyway mine was made on April 28, 2011.

EDIT: You probably don't need it considering you have the two that were already tested and then two more.

Last edited:

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Might have to send you one of my hyperions... I achieve around 6 hr screen on time over 16hrs total =].

Right now I'm at 47% over 13hrs with 2hr screen on time....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Might have to send you one of my hyperions... I achieve around 6 hr screen on time over 16hrs total =].

Right now I'm at 47% over 13hrs with 2hr screen on time....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Sure, I'd love to analyze it. Just PM me when you're ready and I'll give you my address. When you send it, don't forget to include when you bought it and for how much to improve the statistics :)

Yeah just realized the other one is 2 years old not 1... Even better! Anyway mine was made on April 28, 2011.

EDIT: You probably don't need it considering you have the two that were already tested and then two more.

Yeah I guess not, if it was a brand new OEM1500 then I'd say definitely do so to see how close the capacity is to 1500mAh.

Maybe I'll just buy one since they're probably super cheap now, but then again, so am I lol

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Why is the voltage fluctuating on just that one run?

It's interesting to see that some of the OEM batteries are no better than some aftermarket batteries.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I honestly couldn't tell you, maybe some inconsistencies in some its internal wiring or cell configuration? (Though I'd imagine these batteries are only one cell).

It doesn't really matter much as long as it doesn't jump out of the phone's lowest tolerated voltage, and it seemed to clear up before the battary became exhausted

Reactions: rjdhill

caileb

May 11, 2011
Which of the batteries will fit without a "fat" battery cover you'd suggest?

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Which of the batteries will fit without a "fat" battery cover you'd suggest?
Probably the OEM 1800mAh, I'd really like to get my hands on a brand new 1800mAh OEM and some generic slim batteries to make an experimental recommendation haha. But I've had bad luck with 3rd party slim batteries compared to OEM....though 3rd party fat batteries are awesome IMHO

2000mAh is the highest iv'e seen there is a thread in the accessories.
And the 1800 mAh [OEM] is more promising and probably your best bet
+1

I may have a new Generic 3500 Fat battery to test soon (I'm sending my #1 in because it get's weird after 50% and shuts off or misrepresents it's battery %, which may had something to do with the inconsistent voltage spiking)

Tomcat5

Aug 17, 2011
Lower Slower Delaware
Give it 2 whole tests. Supposedly new batteries need to go through at least a charge cycle before they hit capacity but I haven't noticed this. I'd like to see if your date can back it up. The new Hyperion is amazing and I still have to convince myself to give it up to you for a few days and go back to my stock battery.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Give it 2 whole tests. Supposedly new batteries need to go through at least a charge cycle before they hit capacity but I haven't noticed this. I'd like to see if your date can back it up. The new Hyperion is amazing and I still have to convince myself to give it up to you for a few days and go back to my stock battery.
Yeah I'll run three initial tests and then use it for maybe a week or two and retest and see what's what

etirkca

Apr 14, 2012
OEM1500 #4 review up (3rd was being used so I couldn't finish it yet)
OEM Slim Battery #4 "1500mAh" --Manufactured November 25th 2011-- $??.??

You made a typo here. The battery says 2010. Any info on how this battery was used? It must have been abused to be degraded down to only 800ish mAh capacity.

Top Liked Posts