[Q] Phone case - is it necessary?

Search This thread

WizzyCreator

Feb 18, 2013
Worcester
Do you think its necessary to carry this phone in the case? I have the One V only a week and I really dont want to have scratches on the phone body - which is made from alluminium, so I dont thing I need a case. Its just so uncomfortable to put the phone out of the case everytime I want to use it. (But Ive bought a screen protector).

Do you wear a case?

Yes I suggest you get a case for any phone no matter what. I have had my HTC One V for the past year and at first was skeptical about getting one. I dropped it from around 2 feet one day and the screen got cracked a little at the top. I got a cheap $0.50 USD case off of Amazon and since then it hasn’t see any more damage!

bananabux

Feb 22, 2013
I've found multiple cases for the HOV on ebay for a dollar a piece. They're tpu gel silicone. Flexible and durable stuff, I've had my current one for months now and it's lasted through all the clumsy times I've dropped my phone.

Sadly the only downside is the shipping length..took about 15 days to get the case, during which time of course I dropped my phone on the sidewalk and scratched the casing in multiple areas :(

brasssmunkye

Apr 27, 2012
i got a sweet case on amazon for $0.22 (plus shipping of course, so it was just a couple dollar case) and it was fulfilled through amazon (amazon warehouses, got here in 2-3 days) if you search for htc one v hybrid case, you will see em, they are the silicone/plastic ones, fit great, very comparable to an incipio silicrylic, but much cheaper

anyway, thats my 2c on what case i reccomend

Jun 10, 2013
My favorite case I've had for my One V has been the dropsuit from body glove mobile. It's durable and it has the rubber thicker where it needs to be but its still slim and fits in my pocket easily.
P.S. if you're looking to buy, see if the code JP20 still works on their site, it got me 20% off and free shipping when i ordered

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just got a new hard case for 100rs
    and got a liverbird sticker done from a bike graffiti shop :) for 30rs :D
    looking gr8 isnt it ? :)

5eeosm.jpg
    c3d41dbd-9d73-962f.jpg

Ahoj,

I would definitely recommend using a soft or hard case. I have mine for couple weeks now and I am starting to see the metal on the sharp corners next to the top of the display. The black colour is wearing off. Maybe I've scratched it with keys or something. So I immediately bought two hard cases on ebay.
    I'm wondering... Which is better in terms of protection? Hard case or soft?

Having used both hard and soft cases, I'd say a hard case is going to offer better impact protection. While a soft case will prevent scratches, it won't protect aginst impact damage. For exampme; if your phone fell, and landed on the corner, a soft case won't prevent dents and dings, whereas a hard case would. This of course is only based on my personal experience. Other people may other opinions. ;)

-------------------------------------
    Nine months before I was born, my dad took me to a party where he met my mom and took her home.

Brought to you courtesy of my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premium.
    IMHO This is the best case for the HTC One V if you want the slimmest possible case for simple scratch & bump protection. You will forget you even have a case with this one. Plus you get a swivel holster included for under $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XPPA28/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00