[AOSP][4.1.1] Jelly Bean Experimental Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mikaole

Jan 14, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
didn´t get it to run. Tried CWM and TWRP. Always stuck on the android screen.
Keep up your great work. Will try it again tomorrow. If you got it to work, I must get it to run,too somehow :):):)
Till than back to skank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER

This is an experimental build. It means things doesn't work, and it will take time to fix.
    NO ETA
    NO REQUESTS

This is temporary until CM10 tree is in a state where I can build it fine for this device. Consider this as a "preview" ;)

Introducing Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for Asus TF300T

This is an early ROM built from Android Jelly Bean AOSP code.

What works:
    - Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Storage
    - Audio playback
    - Sensors

What doesn't work:
    - Camera
    - Audio volume (is stuck at either 0 or 50%)
    - Audio recording likely
    - HW Video playback (but software playback works)
    - Screenshot

tmj9al.jpg

Downloads
    Please, users with a little bit of experience only. Flash the update zip through CWM.

Build 1: http://dl-bacon.bbqdroid.org/dinner/xplodwild-tf300t-JB-20120711.zip
    Google Apps: http://www.mediafire.com/?llva21h5j1ruab0

How to install
    - Download the build
    - Copy to sdcard
    - WIPE DATA
    - On your computer, extract the build zip (or just boot.img inside it)
    - Reboot to recovery, flash zip
    - Reboot to fastboot, type "fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash boot boot.img"
    - Reboot to Jelly Bean!

Support
    I know what works and what doesn't work, so don't tell me "This doesn't work!! :'(" or "When will you fix that?" - it'll come when it's ready.
    If you're a developer, sources are on http://github.com/xplodwild/android_device_asus_tf300t, branch jb-aosp. Feel free to help!

If you want to speed things up, you can hit the "Donate to me" button up ahead ;)

Thanks, and have fun!
    dsp4774 is right.

I'm sorry the build turned out bad - I don't know what happened, and I'm sorry. I'm locking this thread as I'll open a cleaner one for CM10.
    Seems like AOSP update-script has some issues / you have to manually flash the boot.img through fastboot - adding a step in the OP

Edit: here, added a How to install
    I'll try to fix update script in next build
    Even if it is closed now, stay on topic please!
    Doesn't seem to work either. I dropped the blob in the root of the zip file, and modified the updater-script as mentioned, did a full wipe and flash, but still stuck on the android screen.

Here is a logcat of an attempted boot from a fresh wipe, using the fastboot method to send the boot.img, if it helps.
    View attachment 1192221

Please use fastboot to manually flash boot.img

Mine didn't go so well:

set_perm: some changes failed
    E:Erro in /sdcard/xplodwild-tf300t-JB-20120711_MOD.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Tested the archive I modified in linux with 7zip and it failed crc check on a file that I never touched where as xplod's file passed fine so I messed up the archive when I modified it.

The issue is fixed by a commit on CM.

Anyway, I'll guess I'll migrate my device tree on CM tree, should eliminate the few flashing bugs in here.