[TOOL]RootBoot for - 1.14.401.16 & 1.14.206.16-O2 BRANDED

Search This thread

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
F.A.Q.​

1. If I unlock my phone's bootloader is my warranty void?
HTC Quote:
It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty.
Usually HTC honours your warranty unless they know for certain that a hardware propblem or even a software problem has been caused by unlocking your bootloader or any other custom software installed.

2. Will this work with all variants of the One X+?
No. This will not work all the variants and will cause an IMEI loss and Wifi not working if you do not adhere to the Software Number posted above. A correct RUU flash will fix this.
For RUU's go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1918325

3. My software number is not there. How should I provide my boot.img
Sorry. Butif you have a RUU and are willing to test I will pm some instructions that might help and may work but I am not willing to put it out in the open as people will do things without listening.

4. Great, I'm rooted. Now what should I do?
Here are some links that might help you:
http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...my-phone-now-what-what-do-i-gain-from-rooting
http://lifehacker.com/5806135/the-10-best-android-apps-that-make-rooting-your-phone-worth-the-hassle
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/top-15-apps-to-install-after-rooting-your-android-device/
http://www.oneclickroot.com/root-android/top-5-things-to-do-after-rooting-your-android/

I'll add more when I have ideas or you could post some questions in the thread that are applicable

Last edited:
Reactions: iD7OOM and steno66

thekalby

Feb 25, 2011
What are the chance of this working with the AT&T version when it comes out?

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
Unfortunately it doesn't work.

As soon as you click 'install-bootroot-windows.bat' it boots and then just hangs on the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen.

It boots immediately once you click on the .bat file. There is no time for anything to be pushed to the phone.

After you get bored looking at the boot screen and long press the power button, the phone just boots normally... no root.

EDIT: I manually booted the bootroot.img file and still no root.

EDIT 2: The boot image kills all data connections.

EDIT 3: I flashed the original boot.img and radios are still FUBARed. I suggest you pull this until you have tested it.

Last edited:

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai

As soon as you click 'install-bootroot-windows.bat' it boots and then just hangs on the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen.

It boots immediately once you click on the .bat file. There is no time for anything to be pushed to the phone.

After you get bored looking at the boot screen and long press the power button, the phone just boots normally... no root.

EDIT 3: I flashed the original boot.img and radios are still FUBARed. I suggest you pull this until you have tested it.

Have you boot loader unlocked....also you have to be in fastboot....give me your stock boot.img and I'll upload another one...
Please provide your software version also....

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info

You need to push the modules or else data/WiFi won't work.

Sent From My HTC Amaze 4G via Someone's Room ;)

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
Please answer my questions....also u need the factory unlocked international version...... Give me your boot.img and I'll make one for you...

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
Please answer my questions....also u need the factory unlocked international version...... Give me your boot.img and I'll make one for you...

LOL You might have specified version requirements in the OP :eek:

Software version - 1.14.206.13 CL121576 release-keys

Baseband - 3.1204.167.31

EDIT: If you want me to test it, you'd better hurry up. It is a demo unit that I have to give back tomorrow. It doesn't matter that data isn't working as they can resolve that issue. I have my own device, which I haven't flashed.

Attachments

• boot.img
    5.3 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
It's still a load of balls. There is a problem with your script.

Just hangs on the Bootscreen and when you reboot no root (obviously).

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
If it doesn't work I'm guessing it could be a problem with my boot.img compiling script because it works for One V and should ideally work with this...

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
I did that also. The same as I did yesterday when I lost data on the original version. It doesn't boot (just hangs) and after I flash the original version, data is gone.

Anyway, I don't care, I'm giving it back tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

If it doesn't work I'm guessing it could be a problem with my boot.img compiling script

That's what I said above... your script isn't doing whatever you wanted it to. It just boots immediately to the Bootscreen and then just hangs.

I'm outta here now. I've work to do.

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
I did that also. The same as I did yesterday when I lost data on the original version. It doesn't boot (just hangs) and after I flash the original version, data is gone.

Anyway, I don't care, I'm giving it back tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

That's what I said above... your script isn't doing whatever you wanted it to. It just boots immediately to the Bootscreen and then just hangs.

I'm outta here now. I've work to do.

The script itself works but there is a problem while compiling the image and I will look into it....

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
Please remove the download links. Also, when/if you do upload again, place proper instructions regarding requisite device lock status etc in the OP.

As a 'recognised contributor' you should know better.

I hope this gets unstickied soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lloir and feretti

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
Please remove the download links. Also, when/if you do upload again, place proper instructions regarding requisite device lock status etc in the OP.

As a 'recognised contributor' you should know better.

I hope this gets unstickied soon.

I work my ass off to get root for a device I do not own and all I get is a load of bull****.....I am getting this thread locked...

Haters gonna hate....

Sorry to the grateful guys.....

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Come on guys. Relax here. Sure it wasn't tested but he did put effort. It doesn't work, then it doesn't work. He should remove the download link to make it so nobody had issues. Nobody should be talking down on anybody. Constructive criticism is fine but not flaming one another. We are a community. We help, not push new, potential devs who are looking to help. I didn't get to where I am by myself. I had support from the community. Now, my username is a google search and my stuff is popular. This is all thanks to community that I'm involved in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come on guys. Relax here. Sure it wasn't tested but he did put effort. It doesn't work, then it doesn't work. He should remove the download link to make it so nobody had issues. Nobody should be talking down on anybody. Constructive criticism is fine but not flaming one another. We are a community. We help, not push new, potential devs who are looking to help. I didn't get to where I am by myself. I had support from the community. Now, my username is a google search and my stuff is popular. This is all thanks to community that I'm involved in.

Re read this post. I had 2 One X+s.

EDIT: Technically I still do as I was given another one when I gave the last one back but I don't want it.

I've circled the damage in the screenshot that your root tool did to the last one... no IMEI number.

For the time being, I'd suggest people only test your bootroot if they either know what they are doing, or don't care much about their One X+. I will happily test as I couldn't give a crap about my One X+

This is rooted boot.img should work(I didn't test it because I don't have device), just connect device to PC, run fastboot mode
    After that unpack zip file and run Install Boot.img.bat, my script will to everything for you
    Enjoy! ;)
    I found a solution so please bear with me.....new one coming in some time. Need to download a one x+ Rom

No disrespect to the OP here but the paperweight/bricked One X+'s are mounting up.

Technically it isn't a brick as the RUU *may* bring it back to life (if your RUU is ever released). That has yet to be confirmed though :(

I agree with you, he does needs to put a proper warning in the OP. He is happy to use your new One X+s as his personal testing facility. He just doesn't care that each time someone does it... BANG! Another £450+ down the crapper.

Each time I try and get him to do it, my posts are deleted by Mods. This thread was even re-stickied for some reason :confused:

People who have suffered, just report this thread until the OP makes clear that this is for a certain firmware only.