[Q] Ringke fusion

Search This thread

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
my clear tpu case has started yellowing so time for a new one, i have decided on the ringke fusion as after reading many reviews it seems like a great case but i have a few concerns. A few have pointed out that the case actually scratches the sides of the nexus 5 which is a deal breaker for me as only reason i want a case is to keep the phone in pristine condition for resale can any white nexus 5 owners who are using this case confirm whether this is true or not? Also a few others have pointed out that the sides are really sharp which makes it uncomfortable to hold not sure if this is true either? Will also be using a tempered glass screen protector with the case if that makes a difference.

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Hi and Welcome!

Have you looked in the accessory section?

Hi yes i had a look before posting, i thought this thread would belong in the accesory section so typed everything up there but when i ticked the box stating is this a question it said it is against forum rules to post any questions in this forum please go and post in Q&A so i just copied and pasted everything here lol

gbarayah

Dec 2, 2009
California
I have this case (grey) on my white Nexus 5 - it looks great.

Are the edges a little sharp? Yes. Do they ever bother me when holding my phone? Nope.

As far as scratching - I'm not sure about that. It is a TPU material and hasn't damaged mine the least bit in the four months I have been using it.

Overall, I think its a great case for the price.

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
That soubds promising, i forgot to ask since its tpu will it also yellow with time? The back i mean im not sure if its tpu or another material

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Ah, I see. I guess rules is rules.

Btw, I checked out the case and it looks awesome. You certainly can't beat the price. May I ask please which tempered glass screen protector you intend to get?

I currently have the orzly tempered glass which currently looks and feels great BUT there is a huge bubble near the notification light which seems others have a problem with as well, i got a refund and was thinking of ordering another one and putting some binder clips on it asap but the price went up from £4.99 to £9.99 which i think is stupid but i cant seem to find a cheap one which does not have cutouts for the camera and proximity sensor

Reactions: PhilipTD

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Anyone have any input on if the clear back of the ringke fusion yellows with time?

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
The Ringke Case was the first case I bought for my Nexus 5 when it first came out. I had one on my Galaxy S3 and knew that it was a high quality accessory. When i got it delivered from Amazon I was pretty hyped up to try it on. Needless to say it looked great. I always prefer the very slim cases so it doesn't add bulk to a phone that looks so good. My only gripe is that it's really hard to get the case off once you put it on. The first time I took it off, I thought I was going to break my phone. You will learn how to best take the case off. The plastic on the case actually bends pretty well so you can pop an edge out. I have not had any issues with scratching on the corners, although many others complain. The edges of the case are a little bit sharp, but it was nothing I couldn't deal with. If you have a file or piece of fine sandpaper, that would do the trick. I bought the solid black color, so I have no idea about the yellowing issue. I would buy it if you like it. I just saw that Ringke was selling their cases 1/2 off yesterday, so grab one if you can. Even if you don't like it, you didn't spend much you know? I'm sure you will be satisfied. Good luck....

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Im going to order it now cheapest i could find is £6.99 on amazon. Price isn't really an issue its not the cheapest case but if its durable then not expensive either my main concern was the case scratching the nexus 5 because if it did that then i wouldn't even want it if it was free, maybe it's a problem with the black nexus 5 with softer and matte sides? Or maybe an old revision problem as it says on the description on amazon " ENHANCED AND REVISED" so maybe the problem has been rectified

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Got my ringke fusion in the post today and 1st impressions...... It is amazing feels very premium and looks premium worth every penny and more. My only slight issue is that there is some glue residue on the top right hand corner and a tiny bit on the bottom left hand corner however this does not effect the function of the case thats why it's a slight issue. Another problem is my sennheiser hd 558s wont fit into the phone now but that's probably just because the adapter on the 558 is pretty huge

Domster26

Apr 10, 2014
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but I use the Spigen one that looks almost exactly the same. More people use it, and there are a ton of PS templates to make your own back plate (Which makes your phone look very nice if done right).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

prairie-dad

Aug 12, 2012
Moto G5S Plus
also happy with Fusion case and TechArmor glass

...black edges, clear back, but pretty well brand new, so dunno about yellowing yet...it's not like the back is out in the sun a lot, it's in my palm!

As for TechArmor glass, it was $15, so pretty steep, and while it went on, it just won't stay put at the very bottom..."bubbles" that I can press all the way out but creep back up again for about the last 1/2" of the phone. Otherwise I love it, the rest is very, very smooth, really you don't notice it a bit, and no problems with touch sensitivity whatever. Bought from Amazon...TechArmor doesn't show it on their own website...?

p-d

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
...black edges, clear back, but pretty well brand new, so dunno about yellowing yet...it's not like the back is out in the sun a lot, it's in my palm!

As for TechArmor glass, it was $15, so pretty steep, and while it went on, it just won't stay put at the very bottom..."bubbles" that I can press all the way out but creep back up again for about the last 1/2" of the phone. Otherwise I love it, the rest is very, very smooth, really you don't notice it a bit, and no problems with touch sensitivity whatever. Bought from Amazon...TechArmor doesn't show it on their own website...?

p-d

Get yourself some binder clips and attach it to where the bubbles are, use a microfibre cloth in between so it doesn't damage the phone or the screen protector, and leave a few hours overnight will be better, and the bubbles will be gone

Reactions: prairie-dad

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but I use the Spigen one that looks almost exactly the same. More people use it, and there are a ton of PS templates to make your own back plate (Which makes your phone look very nice if done right).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

The spigen one makes the back of the phone look much nicer than the ringke as it doesn't overlap the white as much however from reviews its a little bulkier than the ringke and buttons are harder to press whereas on the ringke i have the buttons are perfect

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Just noticed another fault on my ringke fusion, on the bottom right hand corner (when looking from behind) right above the bit that sticks out it doesn't seem to join perfectly almost as if enough glue was not used could my qi charger have melted it a little? If no then should i ask for a replacement or am i likely to get the same again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ah, I see. I guess rules is rules.

Btw, I checked out the case and it looks awesome. You certainly can't beat the price. May I ask please which tempered glass screen protector you intend to get?

I currently have the orzly tempered glass which currently looks and feels great BUT there is a huge bubble near the notification light which seems others have a problem with as well, i got a refund and was thinking of ordering another one and putting some binder clips on it asap but the price went up from £4.99 to £9.99 which i think is stupid but i cant seem to find a cheap one which does not have cutouts for the camera and proximity sensor

p-d

Get yourself some binder clips and attach it to where the bubbles are, use a microfibre cloth in between so it doesn't damage the phone or the screen protector, and leave a few hours overnight will be better, and the bubbles will be gone