the 4.4.X update - discussion thread

Search This thread

Heff66

Feb 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
I updated with Kies and I have custom recovery from Philz, what do I root with? Seems nothing is working, link if you have the answer please.

Defenestratus

Oct 14, 2010
Orlando, FL
Anyone notice horrible battery life on 4.2.2?

Looks like Google Services and Android System are now top two.

FYI,

Kitkat is 4.4.2.

Seeing it as 4.2.2 makes my OCD meter peg.

My battery life seems fine. If Google Play Services is taking up all your battery, just do a reboot. Seems to fix it for me.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2013
Just a quick outline for fellow idiots who, like me, update through Kies and get hurled into "recovery booting" purgatory. This surely isn't the best way to fix it, but it worked for me:

(1) Remove your battery and unplug your phone. While you have the battery out, copy down your serial number.
(2) Reinsert your battery and boot into download mode by holding power, volume down, and home until you get to the "installing a custom OS will condemn you to hell" screen. Push up.
(3) Open Kies 3 and elect to initiate a firmware upgrade & initialization. It'll ask for your model (SM-N900T) and serial number (under your battery), and then ask you to put your device into 'recovery' mode...don't worry, they mean download mode, and you're already there, right?
(4) Allow it to begin downloading, and then open C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Temp. Sort by date and look for the newest file—it'll be a tmp for now.
(5) Wait for it to finish downloading. It'll begin to flash the phone. At this time, the tmp file will be extracted into a 'zipfolder'. Copy that to your desktop. You may or may not need it, but it'll be handy to keep it around just in case.
(6) In my case, the recovery fixed the phone. In your case, I can't say, but you've now got a copy of the firmware that can be flashed in Odin if it doesn't.

Good luck, bubbalooga!

Last edited:

Turbo Brian

Oct 15, 2010
Overland Park, KS
Looks like the Hangouts app is using Samsung emojis.... although the emoji keyboard is still the Android style emojis, but once typed in or received via text they change to the Samsung style which looks like the iPhone style.
ugh. one of the first things i noticed. i cant find a way to change it. i like the android emoji's better. hope there is a way to change this and im just overlooking it...

btbamzao

Apr 12, 2011
Houston, TX
Hopefully it'll release this week, dying to flash Xnote 11

May I ask how you flashed this in the past? I flashed today after updating BL and flashed Clean 0.93, but it made me choose a CSC and there wasn't an option for US. Everything seemed to work except WiFi which I need for my chromecast.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

VonKlinger

Mar 5, 2014
I updated with Kies and I have custom recovery from Philz, what do I root with? Seems nothing is working, link if you have the answer please.
Can't post a link since i don't have 10 posts but the updated CF autoroot for n9005 international qualcom variant works, Just google CF autoroot 4.4. The 900t file does not work with 4.4.2) Flash with Odin (it contains a copy in the file).

Reactions: Heff66
Jan 9, 2013
Lol. How did it taste?
I was baby sitting my nephew, we had a small dog and I was showing him it. He said what she eating. Told him that's her food. I turn around to get the dog and when I turn back he had a hand full and said umm taste good.
Lol it was funny he was 3 I think.

It was ****ing awful. Either your nephew is a freakshow, or my grandma buys particularly horrible dog food. I can't even explain the flavor except for the hint of rotten fish that lingered for like 5 handfuls of the peanuts I was originally reaching for.

Pajar0913

Mar 5, 2013
Omaha
Dialer same. Dark keypad. White notification icons.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394051806129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394051806129.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394051842640.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394051842640.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 308

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There will be another update in May to bring us the GS5 look and you can believe me or not I dont care I told you all about this update and I wasn't wrong now wait for the next update in May

And please don't ask me for pics of the update charts becausa I really can't do that I don't want to loose my job for that but I will let you all know when there is something coming

GREAT NEWS Everyone! Samsung released the kitkat source code for our N900T today!

It's labeled N900TUVUCNB4.

Means we should be getting it VERY SOON!

You can download it by going to http://opensource.samsung.com/ and in the search field type N900T. The filename is SM-N900T_NA_KK_Opensource.zip

Enjoy!
    Yes there is an issue with the GPS not activating on some devices we have the update in our service center and on some devices it works flawless and on other devices it doesn't TMO already has the update and knows about it but its just a minor fix the update is still on track for Wednesday any changes and I will let you all know

Everyone who questioned Razierpr as to the validity of him informing that the update would come out today owes him a big apology here.

Thanks Razierpr for the information. I am stock unrooted and downloading over wifi the OTA to the phone. Thanks again for your information.

Ian B