desso

Feb 9, 2008
cube not working

hi starbase64,
i've installed your rom but cub enot working. what i've to do? thanx

barty

Apr 17, 2007
Windows Live Messenger

I can't find the Windows Live Messenger on this program: is there one available for this or have I just overlooked something?

Thanks.

shadman001

Feb 28, 2008
HTC_Hermes_S64_WM_6.1_HTC_v2_WWE

My review

I went through both the roms, i found Rom version 1 much better and have re flashed it.
The things i miss in the Version 1 are:
Program Memory Only. have tried to recover some of it by removing the ring randomizer and a few other apps, but still not able to get more than 18mb program Memory. In Pakistan 3G and PTT are not available as yet so if someone can cook a new rom for me without these two things i'll be very grateful as the services do take some program space (i think).

zamorasf

May 31, 2007
No its not running on my hermes :(
After the first boot and pre config the device reboots and stuck in the boot screen, have to remove the battery and it will bood again.
And start all over again with the pre config :confused:
I will wait for a more stabile version

tnwake

Jun 28, 2007
I installed this rom on my AT&T 8525 and for the most part I love it, but I've had a few problems:

1) Data connection seems to always be transferring. Last month I used 125k and so far I've used 25k in the past day with this rom.

2) Setup Gmail IMAP account and set to check every 5 minutes, but it will only get new email when I manually connect.

3) There are still menu items/links for apps that are not in this version (HTC Cube, s2u2, etc.)

4) Calculator program is in the \Windows\ directory, but is not registered as a program so shortcuts to it can't be made on the home screen.

5) It has both Voice Commander (superior) and Voice Speed Dial (requires you to pre-record everything) installed. I can set button 5 to launch Voice Commander like I want, but when I press the button on my bluetooth headset it launches the Voice Speed Dial. Please get rid of the Voice Speed Dial!

bigj91

Jun 15, 2007
I am loving this rom many thanks, couldnt have asked for more, fast stable and beautiful, keep up the great work

jimbobcooterrooter

Apr 28, 2007
great rom but on my dialer skin i have two numbers in one square so example two-1's
two-2's
two-3's
anyone else have this problem

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
this is a great rom, i was just wondering if it was possible to edit and take out touchflo. they have come out with a new version that works much better, and when i install it, it messes with all gestures. thanks for help.

st3v3

Jun 9, 2006
Melbourne
Redmi Note 9
I was a custom rom virgin till i saw this rom, its got more functions than you can stick a poke at!

And for a first time rom loader'er i must say the entire process is quite easy, i even managed to update the bootloader from 2.03 to 2.10 on vista.

Thanks for a brilliant rom Starbase64!

a2612596

Jun 1, 2007
Central U.S.A
WM6 Ringtones

I must this the best ROM I've tried in the last year. My only problem is the standard WM6 ringtones. I know I can use any music on my phone however Widespread Panic dose not work well in office settings. I there a cab file that can be installed? If could someone provide a link? Thanks iadvance!

st3v3

Jun 9, 2006
Melbourne
Redmi Note 9
ok just had an issue but not sure if its from the htc home customiser i installed or the rom.

Device wouldnt wake up after being htc screen locked so i soft reset, then it wouldnt go to the htc animated logo screen (and therefore wouldnt start up).

ended up doing a hardreset via the bootloader which worked but annoyed at having to reinstall everything again and set it up.

gekkonaut

Nov 22, 2007
this is a bit messed up for me ..

random ringtones don't work
battery meter is always stuck on 'plugged in'
can't type contacts into text's (no a auto-fill) - i have to go to add recipients.
activesync randomly disconnects (even if i'm busy copying files.)

things are also just a bit slow too.

i think i'll have to go with something else.

mrme01

Apr 6, 2008
Nottingham
1ST Post!
Really nice ROM works well on my Hermes, Like it lots,
Except I cant restore my mail (SMS/MMS/Email)
I did run (for a day) the Schaps 6.1 ROM,
I used SPB Backup to backup the system.
I tried to do a partial restore, It all came back except my mail.
CEMAIL.VOL is locked by the system.
I have the SPB Backup explorer on the PC and Im going thru them to see if I can ge my latest mail backup.

Here my question about this otherwise awesome ROM, How do I restore the CEMAIL.VOl?

TIA

MrMe01

PS Awesome Forum!

Edit:
I got it working!

Was wondering if I should do a writeup?

Last edited:

muskangul

Jan 26, 2007
hi froends
i love random ringtones softwre in this rom
but as i mentioned in my previous posts that rom is not working properly in my ppc
after reset it hags the device
i tried many times but failed'
no i need the software used for random ringtones
plz can some body send me the link

AAmoul

Aug 21, 2007
Hi friends
Please.........AN OTHER LINK RATHER THAN that RAPIDSHARE!
I'm using the preious version of this ROM and I like it so much, I want to upgrade to this version but can't download with Rapidshare...
Thanks

kshl

Jan 9, 2008
Do you have this one in dutch ?

hello,

Do you have this rom in dutch. If you have.. can you post it??

thnxx