[Q] Can't Update To 4.4 :(

Search This thread

Kangaji

Apr 9, 2011
Hey guys,

So I tried looking around in the forum but can't seem to get an understandable answer.

I have a Nexus 7 (2012). I was running CM 10.2, but wanted to move up to KitKat. I downloaded the new ROM, and did the wipe and everything. But none of the new ROMs will install on my Nexus 7. Every time, it will start to install, then it will say "status 7, installation aborted" and that little android guy in the background will be lying down with a red triangle over him.

I have tried several different ROMs, but they all seem to have the same effect.

I THOUGHT about ADB sideloading, but my computer does not recognize the device. So there's that.

.....Any ideas? Please? :( :( :(

mcerk02

Jan 21, 2011
Slatington, PA
Hey guys,

So I tried looking around in the forum but can't seem to get an understandable answer.

I have a Nexus 7 (2012). I was running CM 10.2, but wanted to move up to KitKat. I downloaded the new ROM, and did the wipe and everything. But none of the new ROMs will install on my Nexus 7. Every time, it will start to install, then it will say "status 7, installation aborted" and that little android guy in the background will be lying down with a red triangle over him.

I THOUGHT about ADB sideloading, but my computer does not recognize the device. So there's that.

make sure you are on the latest TWRP recovery and if it still gives you problems, make sure your using the latest bootloader, I have heard reports of an older bootloader causing problems with some rom installs....

Reactions: Kangaji

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

make sure you are on the latest TWRP recovery and if it still gives you problems, make sure your using the latest bootloader, I have heard reports of an older bootloader causing problems with some rom installs....