[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Search This thread

mcarbaja

Mar 29, 2012
Kent,WA
I'm using [ROM] Stock 1.4.2 root +mods + go launcher. Right now I'm pretty much stock with go launcher and playstore apps ect. When I double press the N button it sends me back to the stock Barnes and Noble home and not the Go Launcher Home Screen. Can I remove the stock function when pressing the N button, for example, sending straight to Go Launcher instead of Barnes and Noble home?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

asawi

Oct 1, 2012
I haven't been on stock for quite some time, and I never used this particular root. With the ones I used there was a "Home catcher" or something like that where I could set my default launcher. As I recall I could reach that one from the notification field, bottom left corner.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I'm using [ROM] Stock 1.4.2 root +mods + go launcher. Right now I'm pretty much stock with go launcher and playstore apps ect. When I double press the N button it sends me back to the stock Barnes and Noble home and not the Go Launcher Home Screen. Can I remove the stock function when pressing the N button, for example, sending straight to Go Launcher instead of Barnes and Noble home?

I haven't been on stock for quite some time, and I never used this particular root. With the ones I used there was a "Home catcher" or something like that where I could set my default launcher. As I recall I could reach that one from the notification field, bottom left corner.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61h6umi8wezji1t/Homecatcher.apk

- V

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
This is just a link to a PayPal account and the app is useless since you can't use it!

Weird the link works for me. that app is what you would use to solve the problem you're having if you are interested then i can attach the app to a post otherwise good luck.

- V

mcarbaja

Mar 29, 2012
Kent,WA
Weird the link works for me. that app is what you would use to solve the problem you're having if you are interested then i can attach the app to a post otherwise good luck.

- V

The link works and I can install the app but when I open the app the screen only displays a tab that says "Donate" nothing else.

asawi

Oct 1, 2012
The link works and I can install the app but when I open the app the screen only displays a tab that says "Donate" nothing else.
I'm on thin ice here, but you don't actually "run" this app, as far as I recall. It just does it's thing in the background and when you press the home button it goes into action asking you what launcher to start. Or you can "force start" it from the bottom left notification field. Or something like that... (I said I was on thin ice!)

Edit: Found some more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356206

Reactions: mcarbaja

mcarbaja

Mar 29, 2012
Kent,WA
I'm on thin ice here, but you don't actually "run" this app, as far as I recall. It just does it's thing in the background and when you press the home button it goes into action asking you what launcher to start. Or you can "force start" it from the bottom left notification field. Or something like that... (I said I was on thin ice!)

Edit: Found some more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356206

It works just like its supposed to.

pryoslice

Dec 24, 2009
Does anyone has a mirror backup link?

The files seem to be gone from minus.com. At least I can't download them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Alright today i bring to you a faster way to have a fully functional stock ROM with all the addons and eye candy look ;) I have added a FULL version containing all B&N stock apps minus Keyboard and Mymedia (because those aren't good) so you can pick the one that best suits you.

PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER

What does this ROM provide?

* Root - Thanks Indirect
    * Busybox already installed
    * Ribbon Status Bar MDPI Mod
    * Build.prop changed to look like a Nexus S Mod
    * Working cifs, nls_utf8, slow-work, and tun modules - Thanks succulent
    * Adhoc wifi FIX - Thanks zambien
    * OpenVPN binaries
    * Removed some B&N apps including Stock Home Launcher just kept Library, Reader, Games, Pandora and Netflix
    * Changed Stock Hulu+ app with a modified one meant to work in most Android devices - Thanks blunttedsmurf
    * Comfortaa Fonts

What applications include?
    * Some apps have a Ribbon Notification Icon in order to match the Statusbar mod.

1. Superuser
    2. ES File Explorer
    3. NT Hidden Settings - thanks brianf21
    4. Go Launcher
    5. AdFree
    6. Gapps including Gmail, Youtube and Google Voice (apart)
    7. Button Savior
    8. Modified Hulu+
    9. Modified Email with working Exchange
    10. Titanium Backup
    11. IMO chat
    12. Go Locker
    13. Plume (Twitter)
    14. TaskXP
    15. MusicMod
    16. Quick Boot
    17. Gallery 3D
    18. Wifi ADB
    19. Antivirus Free
    20. Phantom Music Control
    21. SD-Booster
    22. FlashPlayer
    23. SpareParts
    24. Root App Remover
    25. Mclock

Installation:

1. Download the file: NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    2. Plug your Nook Tablet to your PC and check that Internal SDcard (MyNOOK) AND SDcard are mounted
    3. Copy NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip in the root (/) of Internal OR External SDcard (Pick one)
    4. Eject safely your Nook Tablet
    5. Boot into CWM
    5.1 Wipe data then go to advanced>> wipe dalvik cache, once done press power button to go back
    5.2 Go to Install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard (if you copied the folder to your External sdcard) >> select NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    5.2 Go to Install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from internal sdcard (if you copied the folder to your Internal sdcard [MyNOOK]) >> select NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    7. The process will start, once done Reboot your device ENJOY!

Recommendation:

* Backup your apps and data using Titanium for easy restore back
    * Wipe data, dalvik cache before flash a new ROM - WARNING: it is safe to wipe/format data, cache, dalvik cache and system, DO NOT format the other partitions or you will brick your device
    * Bypass registration of Nook Tablet by Albert Wertz

Download Links:
    *These are flashable .zip

NT_stock_1.4.2_Ribbon_Root_B&N.zip - ROM with B&N content (318 MB) | md5: 0eb7a1dff67c5fe58be4c58b13f9abb2
    NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_B&N_v2 .zip - ROM with B&N content (300.8 MB) | md5: 1c7033fb9c6467c98c5a50cc167fee5e
    NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2 .zip - ROM with NO B&N content (284.6 MB) | md5: 9b909ce9d30feedbbde53ae367c861d5

Screenshot:

rom.png

My Setup:

mClock widget with markedclOck theme (must create mClock folder: /mnt/sdcard/mClock/ and then drop the unzipped files)
    PinsMusicMod widget (4x3)
    Phantom Music Control (There is a bug and the options doesn't show up but here is my setup)
    And lastly for the statusbar: [ICONS] Beautiful -= Ribbon Status Bar Icons =- [MDPI/HDPI]

~ Veronica​
    Update 15/2/12

Alright UPLOADING v2, will be a flashable zip now no more CWM backup folder and a standar Apk_Package_Installer.zip with:

* Androzip
    * Anycut
    * App cache cleaner
    * Dolphin Browser
    * ES Bookmark Manager (to create shortcuts of your media on desktop)

... These apps are included in the v2 of this ROM.

As i have mentioned in this thread with a flashable zip you get more flexibility.
    What does that mean? It means that you can delete apps that you don't want or add others by drag and dropping it/them within /system/app of the .zip

Edit: OP UPDATED!

~ Veronica
    Different but still no go.

1) The B&N reader & store are availible in the stock launcher but are missing in from Go Launcher. Is there a way to migrate the app from the stock laumcher?

2) Not as but an issue but annoying. The unroot app force close appears after every reboot.

3) The 'N' key at the bottom reverts the launcher back to the Book default. I think I know why & how to fix this one.

I was sure to clear the user data and cache this time!

1. Is normal and why you need to keep stock launcher, you can tap on a book and it will open directly with reader or prompt a window with the option to choose between reader and 3rth party apps that you have installed.
    To handle better the back and forth launchers use HomeCatcher.apk

2. Move the unroot app from /system/app to /data/app using a file explorer or just uninstall it if you think you won't need it with app for uninstall I have added

3. Use HomeCatcher

PS: Read my FAQ for tips

~ Veronica

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
    Just to let you guys know i update OP with a full version (means with B&N content already included) so you don't have to use the re-bloat if you want to have B&N content.

Also im almost done modifing a CM7 Soft-mod ROM with Ribbons ICS theme!

@cgdash now i understand your request and that function got deactivated once i change SystemUI and framework-res apps that i got from this thread and here you can see some modifications that users have made. PM @xecuter or post in that thread for help and hopefully it can be done.

~ Veronica
    Cool, gonna try it today! Could you add Morelocale also?

Hmm will think about it, next version will have the copy paste mod. Keep dropping suggestions people.

~ Veronica

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p