[GUIDE] whatsapp on tablet s [easy step by step tutorial]

Search This thread

depulle87

Nov 25, 2010
Anyone intertested in installing whatsapp on your tablet s?
- need root and rooted android phone

I know this method from my asus transformer but it works here also now we have root.

- root your phone
- install whatsapp on your phone
- install TB (titanium back up) on your phone
- with TB make a back up of whatsapp
- open file manager on your phone and look for TB folder
- take the 3 files with the whatsapp name in them and move these to your tablet s

- root your tablet
- install TB on your tablet
- open TB on your tablet
- in file manager go to TB folder
- move the 3 whatsapp files taken from the phone and place them in the TB folder
- open TB and "restore" your whatsapp

You now have whatsapp on your tablet s using the phone number of you mobile phone

Whatsapp wont like it when you have 2 sessions with the same phone number so it is a good idea to do this with another sim card in your phone, this than will be your tablet s phone number.

Last edited:

depulle87

Nov 25, 2010
Just tested it and it works great, you CAN see the names of your contacts to if you enable it in menu :

in whatsapp :
- settings button
- settings
- more
- show all contacts

Easy as that

If there are problems just ask

Last edited:
Reactions: bloxx

hasjee

Apr 17, 2011
earth duh!
Ive installed whatsapp on my cheap ass qware pro 3 running ics, This must work on other devices aswell i guess.

1) Go to your contact list on your mobile phone, From the menu "import/export" choosse "export to sd".
2)Copy the exported file to your tablets SD card.
3)Install whatsapp on your tablet from the market or the official wbsite.
4)In whatsapp you fill in an old number of a mobile that still works (whatsapp cant be on 1 phone number on 2 devices), Or like i did fill in your "house phone, land line" number.
5)Whatsapp now wants to verify your number. choosse to recieve the confirmation code by phone call.
6)Enter the code and voila a working whatsapp.
7)Import the contact list file you placed on the SD card and you now have your complete contact list in whatsapp.

Happy texting!

earni

Feb 6, 2009
Lancashire
I tried this method on honeycomb and on ics nd still no joy .

I have a sony tablet s.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

anewbieandroiduser

Jun 29, 2012
Ive installed whatsapp on my cheap ass qware pro 3 running ics, This must work on other devices aswell i guess.

1) Go to your contact list on your mobile phone, From the menu "import/export" choosse "export to sd".
2)Copy the exported file to your tablets SD card.
3)Install whatsapp on your tablet from the market or the official wbsite.
4)In whatsapp you fill in an old number of a mobile that still works (whatsapp cant be on 1 phone number on 2 devices), Or like i did fill in your "house phone, land line" number.
5)Whatsapp now wants to verify your number. choosse to recieve the confirmation code by phone call.
6)Enter the code and voila a working whatsapp.
7)Import the contact list file you placed on the SD card and you now have your complete contact list in whatsapp.

Happy texting!

Hi, I have tried this method on my HP TP with CyanogenMOD CM9 Alpha 2 , but when I open the program, and click the I agree button, a message pops up and says Whatsapp curerntly doesn't work on Tablets and didn't even gave me e a chance to enter anything. Anyway to get around that?

xyancompgeek

May 12, 2012
Waterloo
Everyone! I managed to make WHATSAPP work on my tablet using the following procedure:
1. Registered my no. with whatsapp on my phone.
2. Used titanium backup to backup the app.
3. Restored the app + data
4. When it starts, it may say that the tablet isn't compatible.
5. Kill the app and restore only the data.
6. Run the app and voila!

noisekick22

Jun 30, 2012
If you don't have a smart phone how can i install this app on my tablet.
is there a way like getting data out of a virtual android system on PC?
Im managed to run a virtual android system on PC with a working wathsapp and i can talk to my friends because virtual 3G but i want this on tablet to that use only wifi connection.
Root my tablet is atm not possible because kernel 10. (Sony Tablet S)

Last edited:

xyancompgeek

May 12, 2012
Waterloo
Well it doesnt matter, smartphone or virtual. If ur tab isnt rooted, you cant do a thing. Use condi's guide to root it. Either use pre-rooted ics or upgrade to 3.2.1r2 which might change the kernel. Then you can do whatsapp on ur tab.

noisekick22

Jun 30, 2012
Im not sure if that would be possible to pre root ect. Android 4.0.3 kernel 2.6.39.4 build 9#1 tab comes from USA.

cherubiel

Jan 10, 2010
Columbus, OH
Whatsapp from Wildfire S running CM7 to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (rooted)

What would be a strategy to get the Whatsapp app ported from the CM7-based device to an ICS based one? TB has the app disabled (name has a strike-through effect), and it doesn't install onto tablet.

Ideas?

jaraya13

Jun 30, 2008
San Jose
Everyone! I managed to make WHATSAPP work on my tablet using the following procedure:

Dude, you are awesome! Thanks!

antojuve

May 25, 2011
It works XD I have a motorola xoom and works great! I link the whatsapp of my table to my Google voice number xD

thx a loooott

Ekril

Mar 8, 2008
Sibenik
well if it is newer thing with whatsapp or not i am not sure but i just used my unsmart phone to use whatsapp on my simlocked phone.

what i did.

i installed whatsapp using wi-fi entered my regular phone number, sms came to my phone. waited and then i just entered my 3 digits verification code by hand and now it works. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone intertested in installing whatsapp on your tablet s?
    - need root and rooted android phone

I know this method from my asus transformer but it works here also now we have root.

- root your phone
    - install whatsapp on your phone
    - install TB (titanium back up) on your phone
    - with TB make a back up of whatsapp
    - open file manager on your phone and look for TB folder
    - take the 3 files with the whatsapp name in them and move these to your tablet s

- root your tablet
    - install TB on your tablet
    - open TB on your tablet
    - in file manager go to TB folder
    - move the 3 whatsapp files taken from the phone and place them in the TB folder
    - open TB and "restore" your whatsapp

You now have whatsapp on your tablet s using the phone number of you mobile phone

Whatsapp wont like it when you have 2 sessions with the same phone number so it is a good idea to do this with another sim card in your phone, this than will be your tablet s phone number.
    Just tested it and it works great, you CAN see the names of your contacts to if you enable it in menu :

in whatsapp :
    - settings button
    - settings
    - more
    - show all contacts

Easy as that

If there are problems just ask
    whatsapp wont install on honeycomb thats wy i posted this method
    Even that method wont work for me. Just makes the app crash.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2