[ROM] Simple Streak 1.2 - Lite ROM

Search This thread

Spidla

Feb 12, 2007
Simple Streak ROM

Modified official ROM. Removed Dell Stage Launcher and other unneeded applications. ROM includes the Launcher Pro and the left Swype. I made primarily for myself, but maybe someone else will like it :)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE.

INSTALLATION:
  1. make a backup
  2. copy .zip to SD card
  3. update via StreakMod Recovery
  4. do Factory reset

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
  1. make a backup
  2. copy .zip to SD card

DOWNLOAD:
rom.spidla.info or MultiUpload (First, make a full backup)

DONATE TO DEVELOPMENT:
If you like Simple Streak, you can contribute to development through PayPal. Thank you.

CHANGELOG:
1.3 (size ? MB) - in testing
- updated Maps (v5.9)
- removed Swype
- new build Simple Streak kernel (many changes)

1.2 (size 91 MB) - 19. 6. 2011
- custom kernel (based on the official, simplified, overclocking option, slightly undervoltage (for longer battery life)). Original kernel is available here.
- removed QuickOffice

1.1a (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
- removed forgotten drivers that caused problems when using the camera with the "performance update"

1.1 (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
- Swype is the default keyboard
- more cleaned (removed Facebook, etc...)

1.0 (size 97 MB) - 7. 6. 2011
- based on official 354
- rooted
- cleaned
- adjusted build.prop and init.streak.post_boot.sh
- black taskbar (partially used GingerKrad from user Krad)
- change default orientation to portrait (according to instructions from user jhotmann)

KNOWN ISSUES:
- after the start to be switched on / off the display rotation settings

NOT WORKING?
Are you sure you've done a factory reset? You have to do a factory reset on the first screen (from Dell) of the recovery mode.

Still not working or causing problems (button still lights)? Maybe you're old baseband, try to download new here and upload using fastboot command.
Code:
fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
Last chance. If you still have problems, try loading the original ROM ver. 354 and then reload the Simple Streak ROM. This may work :)

OPTIONAL MODIFICATIONS (update via StreakMod Recovery)
Landscape mode - return back to the default display orientation
Stage UI - return back to the default launcher from Dell
STK Tools - return back to the Sim Toolkit
Original kernel - if you have any problems, you can try the original kernel from Dell.

DJ-Steve KERNEL

Install the kernel from DJ_Steve ROM (thanks for his great work) and adjust some settings. After the update default frequency is set at 1.19 GHz and smartass CPU governors (can be changed via the tools available (SetCPU)). The update will not lose any user data.

DJ-Steve KERNEL INSTALLATION:
  1. you have already installed the Simple Streak ROM (ver. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2)
  2. copy perfupdate.zip to SD card
If update does not work, try the version without the default overclocking.

Attachments

• SimpleStreak.jpg
    SimpleStreak.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 10,193
Last edited:

scdsone

Jun 7, 2009
whitehaven
Anyone try this yet?

yeah ive had it on my phone for a few hours....
ive been using 354 since it come out & streakdroid before that & i think 354 is great so i jumped on this when it come out

ive got to admit i havnt done a factory reset yet as i dont want to lose my setting (i might tonight when i dont need my phone)

EDIT
portrait pics

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5,607
  • screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4,954
  • screenshot_2.jpg
    screenshot_2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 4,886
  • screenshot_4.jpg
    screenshot_4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 4,933
  • screenshot_6.jpg
    screenshot_6.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 4,536
Last edited:
Reactions: minnieman

jackyyuen

Jan 12, 2007
alohaeveryone.com
A very clean rom. Simple and fast.

I really like it and didn't find any problem as of this moment, phone works, GPS works.

Is that possible for add adhoc network support in the next version?

Thanks Spidla, keep up the good work :)

zac68

Jun 22, 2007
Perth, WA
Seems pretty solid, the only issue I have, is after a reboot, it is seems to be stuck in Landscape and wont auto rotate on the home screen. When I eventually get it to go Portrait everything is fine. I cleared the program cache, fixed permissions and cleared the dalvic cache, but that didn't fix the issue. Apart from that all my apps restored fine with Titanium backup root (after installing busy box) and they all work OK, there has been no force close issues either. Great work, thanks

Zac

maltloaf

Feb 6, 2004
Hereford
Been using this for an hour or so and must admit I am very happy with it. Feels very fast and I love the built in portrait lock and the battery percentage mod. I think this rom is a keeper !

To the person stuck in landscape, on boot up I go to settings and toggle auto rotate on, rotate to portrait and then toggle it back off. Seems to be working for me so far...

Only question I have is that I'm using this with an older baseband (351) is that going to cause me problems ? Seems ok so far.

Cheers,

malty

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
maltloaf said:
Only question I have is that I'm using this with an older baseband (351) is that going to cause me problems ? Seems ok so far.

Cheers,

malty
351 isn't old. You'll be fine.

Posted with StreakZilla, using XDA App.

markslo112

Apr 27, 2010
Ljubljana
Works fabulous! As soon as I started the system, it felt so light and fast! I really like it! Good job! *thumbs up!*

EDIT: The only thing I don't like is that I can't uninstall Launcher Pro and buy the full version. I just can't uninstall. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I install an Unlocker and now I've got the full version installed.

Thanks again for the ROM!

Last edited:

jvc.silence

Apr 17, 2010
london
Works fabulous! As soon as I started the system, it felt so light and fast! I really like it! Good job! *thumbs up!*

EDIT: The only thing I don't like is that I can't uninstall Launcher Pro and buy the full version. I just can't uninstall. Any ideas?

just uninstall using titanium backup.of course root required! cheers!

millia90

Nov 10, 2010
Flawwiduh
I'm having an issue with this ROM.. I factory reset everything, davlik empty, and clear the partition as well before installing, install the ROM, and factory reset again, reboot system.
Goes to Android load screen and then goes into regular android lock screen (portrait) and then back to the Android load screen, does it a couple times and then either freezes and I have to take out battery or just freezes at Android lock screen.
I am restored back to GingerStreak now. Any suggestions?

alex3305

Jul 4, 2007
Tilburg
For a multi language rom use .351. I use it with Dutch language and it is great stuff :D

@OP Did you also optimize the build.prop?

markslo112

Apr 27, 2010
Ljubljana
I'm having an issue with this ROM.. I factory reset everything, davlik empty, and clear the partition as well before installing, install the ROM, and factory reset again, reboot system.
Goes to Android load screen and then goes into regular android lock screen (portrait) and then back to the Android load screen, does it a couple times and then either freezes and I have to take out battery or just freezes at Android lock screen.
I am restored back to GingerStreak now. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you have a boot loop.

Try to go by these steps (I did it that way)

1. Put .zip file into the root of SD card
2. Boot into Recovery (I'm using Clockwork)
3. Do a dalvik cache wipe
4. I didn't clear the partition.
5. Do a factory reset in the Clockwork recovery.
6. Choose the .zip and flash the ROM
7. When it says installation completed, choose the option ''Reboot Recovery'' and press VOL UP + VOL DOWN at the same time and keep holding the power button
8. You'll get to the Dell Factory Reset screen
9. Do a factory reset (NOT FROM THE RECOVERY)
10. Reboot automatically
11. Enjoy

Also, download the ROM file again, it might be corrupted.
- Hope it works out for you, it really is a great ROM. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Streak ROM

Modified official ROM. Removed Dell Stage Launcher and other unneeded applications. ROM includes the Launcher Pro and the left Swype. I made primarily for myself, but maybe someone else will like it :)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE.

INSTALLATION:
    1. make a backup
    2. copy .zip to SD card
    4. do Factory reset

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
    1. make a backup
    2. copy .zip to SD card

DOWNLOAD:
    rom.spidla.info or MultiUpload (First, make a full backup)

DONATE TO DEVELOPMENT:
    If you like Simple Streak, you can contribute to development through PayPal. Thank you.

CHANGELOG:
    1.3 (size ? MB) - in testing
    - updated Maps (v5.9)
    - removed Swype
    - new build Simple Streak kernel (many changes)

1.2 (size 91 MB) - 19. 6. 2011
    - custom kernel (based on the official, simplified, overclocking option, slightly undervoltage (for longer battery life)). Original kernel is available here.
    - removed QuickOffice

1.1a (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
    - removed forgotten drivers that caused problems when using the camera with the "performance update"

1.1 (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
    - Swype is the default keyboard
    - more cleaned (removed Facebook, etc...)

1.0 (size 97 MB) - 7. 6. 2011
    - based on official 354
    - rooted
    - cleaned
    - adjusted build.prop and init.streak.post_boot.sh
    - black taskbar (partially used GingerKrad from user Krad)
    - change default orientation to portrait (according to instructions from user jhotmann)

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - after the start to be switched on / off the display rotation settings

NOT WORKING?
    Are you sure you've done a factory reset? You have to do a factory reset on the first screen (from Dell) of the recovery mode.

Still not working or causing problems (button still lights)? Maybe you're old baseband, try to download new here and upload using fastboot command.
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
    Last chance. If you still have problems, try loading the original ROM ver. 354 and then reload the Simple Streak ROM. This may work :)

OPTIONAL MODIFICATIONS (update via StreakMod Recovery)
    Landscape mode - return back to the default display orientation
    Stage UI - return back to the default launcher from Dell
    STK Tools - return back to the Sim Toolkit
    Original kernel - if you have any problems, you can try the original kernel from Dell.

DJ-Steve KERNEL

Install the kernel from DJ_Steve ROM (thanks for his great work) and adjust some settings. After the update default frequency is set at 1.19 GHz and smartass CPU governors (can be changed via the tools available (SetCPU)). The update will not lose any user data.

DJ-Steve KERNEL INSTALLATION:
    1. you have already installed the Simple Streak ROM (ver. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2)
    2. copy perfupdate.zip to SD card
    If update does not work, try the version without the default overclocking.
    Simple Streak 1.3 TESTINGv4

The fourth test version Simple Streak 1.3 is here. Compared to the third version is only changed the kernel. It should be slightly faster and perhaps even greater battery life.

And now let's go on vacation, I'll be back for 9 days :)
    Simple Streak 1.3 TESTINGv3

Hi everyone, I released the third test version Simple Streak v1.3.
    Changes compared to the second test version:
    new build Simple Streak Kernel
    removed Swype
    In this version I have been very good feeling :) Download and test here.
    In the build.prop file there is a "fingerprint".

Stock 351 has this fingerprint:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=dell/streak/streak/8x50:2.2.2/FRG83G/eng.cmbuild.20110317.163900:user/release-keys
    while SimpleStreak has this fingerprint:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=dell/streak/streak/8x50:2.2.2/FRG83G/eng.cmbuild.20110401.170729:user/release-keys
    The Android Market uses this fingerprint to identify your phone and based on the phone you are using some apps may not show up. Depending on the ROM you using previously the Market might be seeing your phone differently and the apps that show up may be different.

There are other ways that the market identifies your phone, but sometimes editing the fingerprint in build.prop is all you have to do to see apps you had prior to installing a custom ROM.
    Based upon what I've done with 351 (completely ripped out the Stage UI, Dell Sync, Amazon MP3, CoPilot Live, Evernote, Napster, Oovoo, PageOnce, Roxio Now, and Zinio Reader), leaving Swype and adding LauncherPro, the Streak should be very fast and very responsive, especially when shutting it off.