Recommended Dialer App

Search This thread

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
Can anyone tell me a recommended Dialer that works fine with the Chacha keyboard?

I use the SuperOSR rom and the dialer coming with that ROM is really very awkward. First of al it does not do Smart Dialing, so I either have to search in the names or in the numbers - but not in both at the same time.

I tried other dialers but most of them are not made for keyboard phones. So which dialer to use and which options to choose? All in all the stock ROM dialer was not so bad.

Also unlike the chacha stock ROM when i start typing with 0/Sym I get the % but on the main screen it would be more useful if the phone just opens a dialer and starts dialing.

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
...it would be more useful if the phone just opens a dialer and starts dialing.

This is the standard Android behaviour. What happens on HTC Sense ROMs is something that HTC modified for their phones/applications.

But I can see this behaviour on SuperOSR on my side:

Start typing a number.
A "Dial number" appears below.
It also works with names.

As for the wrong key mappings, check the SuperOSR/CM keymappings thread.

Last edited:

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
DW contacts and phone.... it has smart dialing and with some setting changes you can disable on screen dialer too.
But it is hard to find the correct options. When typing "ROM" for some reason DW will display search results with E,O,M and D but no R. Why??

But I can see this behaviour on SuperOSR on my side:

Start typing a number.
A "Dial number" appears below.
It also works with names.
No really here.

When I start typing on the home screen I get into the Google Search wich will display letters only (but search in the contacts).

When I start typing with a zero I'll get the symbols of the symbol screen. Since all Numbers you start from a cell phone start with a zero it would also be finde if you end up in a Dial-Window then.

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
But it is hard to find the correct options. When typing "ROM" for some reason DW will display search results with E,O,M and D but no R. Why??

No really here.

When I start typing on the home screen I get into the Google Search wich will display letters only (but search in the contacts).

When I start typing with a zero I'll get the symbols of the symbol screen. Since all Numbers you start from a cell phone start with a zero it would also be finde if you end up in a Dial-Window then.

Give it a shot with Fn+0. See if that helps. That should open up Google Search but at the same time show a "Dial xxxx" beneath it." like in the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• screenshot-1336138028919.png
    screenshot-1336138028919.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 175
  • screenshot-1336138044655.png
    screenshot-1336138044655.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: Flexmaen

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
Give it a shot with Fn+0. See if that helps. That should open up Google Search but at the same time show a "Dial xxxx" beneath it." like in the screenshot attached.
Thanks I now noticed the difference:

You have to press the FN-Key to get that option. But this requires that you have to use your phone with two hands which is not very handy in most situations.

So I'l like to type without the FN-Key, so e.g. if I type "FR" the phone should suggest to either call "Franz" or Dial "63" for example.

Also the sym-key could jump into a dialer window from the homescreen since it does not make sense to enter a "%" there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No really here.