[Q] How do I unlock my htc glacier with hboot 0.89.0006

Search This thread

Hallelujah2

May 10, 2014
Pls I've been unable unlock the bootloader of my htc glacier
I've tried htcdev but the ruu update is telling to get a utility software for my device.
I've also tried htc bootloader unlocker (one click unlock) but its not finding my device

GLACIER PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.89.0006
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot
Jul 15 2011, 16:45:17

Pls I'll be so glad if I can find some help.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
You're already S-Off, why are you trying to unlock via htcdev.com?? To unlock via htcdev.com (which is not a complete unlock, unlike S-Off) then you have to be on the newest bootloader version. HBOOT-0.89.0007. I thought there was actually a link to the little RUU update that is just for the bootloader on the bottom of the walkthrough @ htcdev? It's been awhile since I played with one, but I'm sure it was there. If not, I can upload it. I am sure it's hanging around somewhere. But yea, unless you relocked it and stayed S-Off, all the htcdev stuff would not be needed.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Exactly as stated above
If there is an engineering bootloader for your phone you should get that as well, if I'm not mistaken the proper way of rooting your device is to exploit it with gfree, similar to the vision a phone I used for a long time, all info should be in the xda wiki to see if greed was used to exploit and how to flash the eng hboot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
What do you mean? It's the very beginning of the steps on how to unlock @ htcdev.com (and the RUU is there, just like I mentioned earlier). Are you certain that you need to do this? It seems like you have not done much research and might be getting yourself into more work than is needed.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Yes, you just need a custom recovery such as twrp, cwm, 4ext
But what you should do is go to the xda wiki or cyanogen wiki and follow the steps for rooting, these guides will give you true radio s-off, an engineering bootloader and a custom recovery so you can easily flash ROMs and easily fix your phone if issues come about
To answer you directly, yes you should be able to flash custom ROMs as is, but having to ask that questions makes me think you should read more about your device or the next thread you make will probably ask for help fixing a brick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app