Search This thread

kasek55

Sep 9, 2013
Hey currently this is my phone,

Model number: SGH-I337
Version: 4.2.2
Kernel 3.4.52 google editon
Build number: Goldeneye 8.0

I was wanting to update my phone to 4.3 and try out the pacman rom but when i followed http://www.androidrootz.com/2014/03/how-to-unrootunbrick-at-galaxy-s4-sgh.html it said failed. when i started up my phon all of my settings were reset to defaults but my phone was still rooted and still with the custom rom. anyone able to help me figure this out?

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Hey currently this is my phone,

Model number: SGH-I337
Version: 4.2.2
Kernel 3.4.52 google editon
Build number: Goldeneye 8.0

I was wanting to update my phone to 4.3 and try out the pacman rom but when i followed http://www.androidrootz.com/2014/03/how-to-unrootunbrick-at-galaxy-s4-sgh.html it said failed. when i started up my phon all of my settings were reset to defaults but my phone was still rooted and still with the custom rom. anyone able to help me figure this out?
@kasek55
Download and Open terminal emulator from Play store .... type these code and it would tell you what is your bootloader. if u lucky enough with MDB/MDL then u just install any custom 4.3 or even 4.4 kitkat rom.
Code:
 su
Code:
 getprop ro.bootloader

ere9u8u5.jpg

☆Swyped From Venomous Droid Blue Chrome Edition☆

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
You seem to already have a custom recovery on the phone. If so, you should be able to flash pacman from your custom recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kasek55

Sep 9, 2013
@kasek55
Download and Open terminal emulator from Play store .... type these code and it would tell you what is your bootloader. if u lucky enough with MDB/MDL then u just install any custom 4.3 or even 4.4 kitkat rom.
Code:
 su
Code:
 getprop ro.bootloader

ere9u8u5.jpg

☆Swyped From Venomous Droid Blue Chrome Edition☆

so i got I337MVLUAMG1

and i should have a custom recovery i think.... i dont remember what i did now its been over a year i just no i want to end up on 4.3 with pacman rom well to try out anyways.... cuz i cant go to 4.4.2 since no root yet. Also i have the canadian s4

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
so i got I337MVLUAMG1

and i should have a custom recovery i think.... i dont remember what i did now its been over a year i just no i want to end up on 4.3 with pacman rom well to try out anyways.... cuz i cant go to 4.4.2 since no root yet. Also i have the canadian s4

So you just have to look for roms compatible with your build. Do not flash KitKat roms unless they are rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kasek55

Sep 9, 2013
So you just have to look for roms compatible with your build. Do not flash KitKat roms unless they are rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ok so i could look for pacman 4.2 rom and can just flash it with my custom recovery... what if i want to update to 4.3 i followed the link from the first post and it didnt work.............