R800X Bootloader CRACKED!

Search This thread

antEris

Apr 27, 2010
#$*@! I don't comprehend, how you folks can't get it through your heads! The unlock method being used on sim locked and r800x phones is UNRELATED to any Verizon or Sony Ericsson policy on unlocked bootloaders on simlocked and/or contract phones. It is a Sony Ericsson tool for DEVELOPERS to unlock any SE phone for development purposes. Its not that Verizon, any other fat cat "overlord" corporation, or the individuals who happen to have the software and are offering to share the use of it are forcing you to pay for ANYTHING. The obvious stance on r800x bootloaders, whether its Verizon or SE making that decision, is that they are NOT authorized for an OEM unlock. You bought a subsidized phone!!! Subsidized!!!! Either #%$*ing deal with it, or skirt the system and drop a couple bucks (still less than those using the "free" method payed for their phones) to use a tool not intended for mass consumption to unshackle your phone!

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
#$*@! I don't comprehend, how you folks can't get it through your heads! The unlock method being used on sim locked and r800x phones is UNRELATED to any Verizon or Sony Ericsson policy on unlocked bootloaders on simlocked and/or contract phones. It is a Sony Ericsson tool for DEVELOPERS to unlock any SE phone for development purposes. Its not that Verizon, any other fat cat "overlord" corporation, or the individuals who happen to have the software and are offering to share the use of it are forcing you to pay for ANYTHING. The obvious stance on r800x bootloaders, whether its Verizon or SE making that decision, is that they are NOT authorized for an OEM unlock. You bought a subsidized phone!!! Subsidized!!!! Either #%$*ing deal with it, or skirt the system and drop a couple bucks (still less than those using the "free" method payed for their phones) to use a tool not intended for mass consumption to unshackle your phone!

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

So, what are you trying to say? <ducks and runs for cover> :D

Reactions: NeoandGeo

kiwiBratwurst

Nov 1, 2010
Berlin
Edit:stupid comment removed.. Sorry, if an op actually reads this thread (its alot of crap to sort through so I highly doubt it) but feel free to delete this comment :)

Cheers
Kiwi

Last edited:

DubleJayJ

Jan 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
You can unlock this phone on every provider but Verizon.
Verizon, what the ****? Why can't you let us have fun? They remove unlimited data, and make you pay $15 for every gig, and then $10 for every extra gig you go over.

Selim873

Apr 8, 2011
You can unlock this phone on every provider but Verizon.
Verizon, what the ****? Why can't you let us have fun? They remove unlimited data, and make you pay $15 for every gig, and then $10 for every extra gig you go over.

Definitely! I got the Unlimited Plan not long before they got rid of it. My family is planning on leaving Verizon after my mother's 2 year contract goes out. That shouldn't be much longer either. Not sure if I want to stay on Android or just switch to the iPhone, the Verizon Xperia Play was SO limited, so iOS wouldn't bother me right now. ;)

EDIT: One reason why the Verizon Play can't be unlocked is also because the Verizon Play model doesn't have a SIM card installed. Not even a slot if I'm correct.

Last edited:

JelloFreak

Jul 12, 2011
Martinsville
Definitely! I got the Unlimited Plan not long before they got rid of it. My family is planning on leaving Verizon after my mother's 2 year contract goes out. That shouldn't be much longer either. Not sure if I want to stay on Android or just switch to the iPhone, the Verizon Xperia Play was SO limited, so iOS wouldn't bother me right now. ;)

EDIT: One reason why the Verizon Play can't be unlocked is also because the Verizon Play model doesn't have a SIM card installed. Not even a slot if I'm correct.

The Verizon Play does have a sim card slot, although it does nothing. The Verizon Play can be unlocked. It used to be able to be done through the actual sony servers. Because our phones are subsidized they are not authorized to be unlocked so Sony Ericson patched the exploit to use an IMEI instead of MEID to generate unlock codes from the official Sony Ericson site.

Last edited:
Reactions: antEris

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Because our phones are subsidized they are not authorized to be unlocked so Sony Ericson patched the exploit to use an MEID instead of IMEI to generate unlock codes from the official Sony Ericson site.

You got it backwards, buddy. IMEI is what's used to generate unlock codes. MEID it's what we have on cdma phones :p

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
For my own part, I'm getting rather tired of the anti-Verizon whine. It seems most of the people posting them don't even pay for their service, their parents do!

It has been my personal experience that Verizon has been the most reliable and widely available service for a long time, while others such as AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile have either spotty or no service in many areas. If that reliability comes at the price of less accessibility to customize the phone without spending a small amount of money, then so be it. You get what you pay for.

What it really comes down to is greed - people wants everything for free. But Life doesn't work that way, and sometimes we just have to face that fact and get on with it. Life isn't fair, and anyone who tries to tell you differently is selling something.

So, suck it up, save your local currency instead of spending it all on beer, cigs and munchies, and pay someone to unlock your phone. Or not, but stop whining about it. There -is- a solution, and that's it.

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
For my own part, I'm getting rather tired of the anti-Verizon whine. It seems most of the people posting them don't even pay for their service, their parents do!

It has been my personal experience that Verizon has been the most reliable and widely available service for a long time, while others such as AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile have either spotty or no service in many areas. If that reliability comes at the price of less accessibility to customize the phone without spending a small amount of money, then so be it. You get what you pay for.

What it really comes down to is greed - people wants everything for free. But Life doesn't work that way, and sometimes we just have to face that fact and get on with it. Life isn't fair, and anyone who tries to tell you differently is selling something.

So, suck it up, save your local currency instead of spending it all on beer, cigs and munchies, and pay someone to unlock your phone. Or not, but stop whining about it. There -is- a solution, and that's it.

Bravo good sir. In fact the reason I changed to Verizon was about 20 miles outside Yuma, AZ, 5 miles from the nearest town, in the middle of the desert, on my 2 week reserve duty, Verizon had 3g coverage. ATT... You were lucky if you had edge. T-Mobile/Sprint... You were lucky if you even had service...
Yes, each network operator has it's pluses and minuses. Get over it. I paid for my bootloader to be unlocked. So can you. It's not that hard (hint: depending on whether you live, 6 Starbucks drinks or 3/4 packs of smokes or 5 bags of chips equal unlocking your bootloader.) If you don't have a job, I suggest starting your search at yourtownhere.craigslist.org...

bigfdaddy

Oct 6, 2010
my error while trying to unlock boot loader........

Code:
Action journal
00:02:50   Unlock network lock by certificate replacement
00:02:50   Unlocks the phone by modifying S1 boot and recalculating simlock signature. A connection to the testpoint (TP) is required during the process.
00:02:50   Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
00:02:50   Application version: 0.29.4270
00:02:50 . The action name is 'Unlock'
00:02:50   Selected phone type: Xperia™ PLAY
00:02:50   Selected connection method: USB ROM
00:02:50 i Instructions
00:02:50 i 1. Make sure the phone battery is charged to at least 50%.
00:02:50 i 2. Switch off the phone!
00:02:50 i 3. Remove the phone battery and wait at least 5 seconds, then insert the battery back to the phone!
00:02:50 i 4. Connect the testpoint to ground (GND) and leave it connected!
00:02:50 i 5. Shortly press the power button!
00:02:50 i 6. Disconnect the testpoint!
00:02:50 i 7. Connect the cable to the phone!
00:02:50   [picture]
00:02:50 . The action started waiting for the user
00:24:54 . The action finished waiting for the user
00:24:54   Connecting via Qualcomm QDLoader Device (COM9)...
00:24:55   Device driver version: 6.0.5.4
00:24:55   Qualcomm ROM ID: 06010100900000
00:24:55   Sending loader...
00:24:55   Waiting for loader response...
00:25:25 e Error: Unable to continue with the communication
00:25:25 e Failed!
00:25:25 . The action entered shutdown phase
00:25:25 . The action reported failure

Error code
# 16A472775A4355D4

Error details
---
46 45 13 47 32 54 36 0D C0 2D 89 6C A4 CD 02 F0 
38 04 82 89 44 0B 68 F4 B0 71 CA 03 B3 A1 8E 39 
D8 3A BC 66 44 AB AA 5D A0 27 A6 26 C4 34 C1 91 
B6 66 A2 29 CC F1 EF 59 8D 29 B8 50 2C 23 AE 95 
F8 D1 32 1E DC 52 A9 93 2E 60 86 9F E4 79 CB AB 
72 69 6C F6 14 65 06 13 90 37 0A 28 0C DA ED 34 
B6 96 AE 99 FC 1F 54 60 79 D1 34 AD FC 13 5E 25 
28 39 E2 93 E1 5C A1 64 
---

help as 2 y it failed?

ashergray

Jul 19, 2011
Rock Hill SC
For the most part :p
We aren't "authorized" but there are ways *cough* http://www.unlock-bootloader.com *cough*
That and they used a flaw in the web design to circumvent the check to see if non-number characters were included in the device code.

He is exactly right. The original solution was due to SE being very slack in their website security. Nothing was hacked, rather it was bypassed by looking through the html code on the site and locating a page that was referenced but never actually linked to. The referenced page had a completely open unlock code generator you could put just about anything in there and it would generate it.
the second solution was if you turned off the javascript check on the main page it would allow you to generate. Then someone posted the actual way I found, I think this tipped off SE and they blocked access to that page.

DubleJayJ

Jan 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
He is exactly right. The original solution was due to SE being very slack in their website security. Nothing was hacked, rather it was bypassed by looking through the html code on the site and locating a page that was referenced but never actually linked to. The referenced page had a completely open unlock code generator you could put just about anything in there and it would generate it.
the second solution was if you turned off the javascript check on the main page it would allow you to generate. Then someone posted the actual way I found, I think this tipped off SE and they blocked access to that page.

Doesn't matter now, SE is unlocking the X again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BOOTLOADER CRACKED!

EDIT:After discussing it with Mills and Blagus, I will not be publicly sharing my knowledge on how to crack the boot loader. This is only temporary until we(all r800x owners) can get a more permanent solution.
    maybe another week or so before anything is solid.

UPDATE:
    :( there is no longer a free solution for unlocking the play.
    please contact blagus or yifanlu to see if they have your meid on file.
    and check out the current paid solution. :/

I have attached screenshots as proof of root
    BOOT LOADER IS CRACKED
    suprisingly easy. I think I am the only unlocked Verizon play on the planet.
    Ashergray do you have anything I can use to donate money to you? :)

I never considered it. I do have a paypal account, but it isnt a merchant one, so I dont believe I can accept any donations.
    I appreciate the thought tho.
    This last couple of posts is offensive, particularly in Hogwarts' case, because I personally explained it to him. That, when he knows the truth, he chooses to lie and deceive others says a lot of him, I daresay.

The bootloader was not cracked/deciphered. The way some people got free unlocks was with the old R800i official unlocking site. Basically there was a breach which allowed MEID numbers (CDMA identificators) to be translated into bogus IMEI numbers (GSM identificators). Some big mouthed fool leaked the info, Sony Ericsson shut the site for maintenance and they fixed the exploit.

I'm sure you all like conspiracy theories, but please abstain from accusing people who gave their efforts and time so generously without any base. One of the folks involved bricked a phone for good while tinkering with the unlock thing. And that was when they didn't sell for cheap, mind you.

Dare I say, if you're living of welfare benefits, you're not buying smartphones.
    FYI, this news has already hit the front page of DroidLife: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/04/bootloader-unlocked-on-the-verizon-xperia-play-root-is-go/

Once proper instructions are posted this should definitely be pushed to Engadget as well!

They said it was unconfirmed. Thats funny, I am pretty sure the 50 people I sent Unlock codes to could confirm it.