WIFI doesn't turn on (stuck at "turning on...")!!

Search This thread

Rapydax

Hello,

A friend of mine got a problem with his galaxy tab. The WiFi button doesn't turn on. When you try to turn on the button, it gets greyed out and there is a message saying: "Turning on..." After 5 seconds the button turns OFF again and this goes on and on and on.
The WiFi used to work properly for about 1 year, but now it acts like this. :(

It is definately not a router issue, because all other defices work fine with wifi on. It also doesn't turn on when I appoach a different router.

Then I rooted the tablet using Odin, but that didn't help.
I read through several forums and people with the same problem did a factory reset, but that didn't help either.

Anyone that could help me please?:(

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm talking about GT-P5110, using Android 4.2.2 and build number JD39.P5110XXDML1

sharingan

May 30, 2013
Hello,

A friend of mine got a problem with his galaxy tab. The WiFi button doesn't turn on. When you try to turn on the button, it gets greyed out and there is a message saying: "Turning on..." After 5 seconds the button turns OFF again and this goes on and on and on.
The WiFi used to work properly for about 1 year, but now it acts like this. :(

It is definately not a router issue, because all other defices work fine with wifi on. It also doesn't turn on when I appoach a different router.

Then I rooted the tablet using Odin, but that didn't help.
I read through several forums and people with the same problem did a factory reset, but that didn't help either.

Anyone that could help me please?:(

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm talking about GT-P5110, using Android 4.2.2 and build number JD39.P5110XXDML1

try wiping cache partition and also reset router if you ever changed some settings