[CWM][FASTBOOT][OTA Fix] Fixed Radios FC12 FD02 for Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

Paleryder

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago
Microsoft Surface Duo
On the stock ROM there is a script that restores stock recovery upon reboot. I believe it's in /system named recovery-from-boot. Either erase that file or rename it to recovery-from-boot.bak.

im guessing ill have to gain root access to do that. I have always gone straight to custom. The previous version did allow me to reboot and it stuck on the stock FD12. Weird

Man SPrints Network is all over the place with speeds not very consistant but i hit 1.2 Mbs down and .6 up on a run on 3g of speed test ill post a pic :)

Last edited:

ian3047

Nov 20, 2008
Ocala
I only have an unlocked bootloader but stock other than that and the update fails. Wife's is the same way. So I guess I can't get this.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Well i just went on a goose chase trying to figure out why my data went out... it was working then all of a sudden it went out. So this is what i did to fix it.

1. Flashed the fixed radios provided here. Then nandroided my ROM.
2. Restored my initial stock rooted nandroid, if you dont have one you'll have to flash back to stock.
3.Turned wifi on and updated the profile.
4.Left it off for a minute or two, then rebooted.
5. When it rebooted i had wifi still on... turned it off and viola data was working.
6. Restore nandroid of previous ROM.
7. ????
8. Profit

Hope this helps somebody.

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
Well i just went on a goose chase trying to figure out why my data went out... it was working then all of a sudden it went out. So this is what i did to fix it.

1. Flashed the fixed radios provided here. Then nandroided my ROM.
2. Restored my initial stock rooted nandroid, if you dont have one you'll have to flash back to stock.
3.Turned wifi on and updated the profile.
4.Left it off for a minute or two, then rebooted.
5. When it rebooted i had wifi still on... turned it off and viola data was working.
6. Restore nandroid of previous ROM.
7. ????
8. Profit

Hope this helps somebody.

Are you on AOKP? The Sprint build has problems with data.

Reactions: DatDude123

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Are you on AOKP? The Sprint build has problems with data.

Yes I was on aokp... but it happened on my stock nandroid ... it was happening to my bros gnex as well and he was on black ice. It just happened All of a sudden it wasn't because of the rom or kernel... it was the radios... so that's what I had to do... above. Also 3g would burn our phones .... even underclocked ... so I'm guessing we had bad radios. We accepted the OTA prior to rooting.

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via Xda Premium

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
Yes I was on aokp... but it happened on my stock nandroid ... it was happening to my bros gnex as well and he was on black ice. It just happened All of a sudden it wasn't because of the rom or kernel... it was the radios... so that's what I had to do... above. Also 3g would burn our phones .... even underclocked ... so I'm guessing we had bad radios. We accepted the OTA prior to rooting.

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via Xda Premium

Blame Samsuck then ;)

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Just got my GNexus today from another member. FD02 is the latest radio right? And is there any noticeable benefit between this and the leak? I've been reading about battery life being bad even on 3G so I want to fix that if one of these radios can.

xfbo

Dec 2, 2010
NNJ
Will this radio fix work even if I stay with the stock ROM?

Also, unless I'm misunderstanding what's written on the alternate site, "Either use CWM or fastboot to clean flash FC12 then OTA should work thereafter."

Doesn't this mean that I should be ok with future OTA's?

dog2bert

May 14, 2012
Does this work for CDMA radio as well

I have flashed my LTE radio with FD02, but will it work for the CDMA radio as well.

The OTA update attempt failed and I had to remove the battery to reboot.

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com
I got around to flashing my replacement and i swear i felt like a retard but this came in handy bc i didnt know that the odin restore was a FC12 leak go figure why i couldnt update to FD02 but thanks yes i should have know better being a dev and all but it was a first for me so yeah thanks again

mogul420

Jan 27, 2008
San Juan
just grabbed a GNex saying goodbye to my trusty 3VO and they had some issues trying to make my data work. i already unlocked/nandroided and installed CM9 but would this patch fix the data issue?

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
just grabbed a GNex saying goodbye to my trusty 3VO and they had some issues trying to make my data work. i already unlocked/nandroided and installed CM9 but would this patch fix the data issue?

If you rooted and installed CM9 before the phone had a chance to update itself, then yes. If you grabbed the official update before switching ROMs, no.

SteveVHT

Aug 20, 2010
Please forgive my complete and utter ignorance....But
Can someone help me with updating my radios.
Do I need to root? anything special??
I am just about to throw this phone in the garbage due to the horrible reception on both Wifi and 3G. 4G LTE does not even exist on Long Island.
Please, any help to make this phone work. I'm about to switch back to my stock EVO....LOL
Thanks
Steve

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
I am just about to throw this phone in the garbage due to the horrible reception on both Wifi and 3G. 4G LTE does not even exist on Long Island.
Please, any help to make this phone work. I'm about to switch back to my stock EVO....LOL
Thanks
Steve

The Radio images will likely not give you any better signal at all, and if you're stock you already have the latest radio images.

Watcher07

Jun 28, 2010
Casa Grande, AZ
Thanks
Steve

Updating your radio CAN (but in all likelihood NOT) help with your reception. What it usually does (if anything) is stabilize fluctuations that could potentially cause drops. That said, Sprint and all their upgrades have been wreaking havoc on users and the community is buzzing with people trying to update radios, changing ROMS, changing phones, etc. and everyone is still having issues.

However, of all companies that offer network extender devices, Sprint is one of the best at giving them out to subs that need them for free. If your reception is poor, it's basically an ethernet based device that plugs into your router and creates cell reception for ya via the interwebz, most anyone who has one will tell you that they work pretty damn well.

If Sprint won't give you one for free, and you really want to update your radio, then you can update the radio via fastboot but if you've never really done all this before, I'd hit up the rooting thread and unlock your bootloader and get a custom recovery in there. There's fewer commands to deal with and it'll overall be an easier update, though again, really doubt it will help you that much but YMMV as radios are touchy community subjects.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus CM Blog: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Radio Images
    • Fix OTA upgrade to FD02 with these *fixed* FC12 radio images.
    • If you run CM9, AOKP, CNA or other custom Android, you may will want to flash directly to FD02.
    Thanks to considerable help from winner00 and testers in channel freenode #gn-sprint we managed to figure out the real cause of the OTA upgrade failures plaguing us. We also have extracted and thoroughly tested fastboot and CWM/TWRP flashable .zip's of both FC12 and FD02 radios in the link above. The Nexus CM blog will maintain vigorously tested fastboot and flashable .zip's for all current and future toroplus radio firmware.

What broke OTA?
    In short, this was the forum community's fault. :(
    The initial leaked FC12 factory restore has a LTE radio image that does not match the radio that shipped on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. As a result, the FD02 OTA upgrade fails. Please stop bothering Sprint stores for phone repairs/replacements.. Fortunately you can now easily fix these issues with the heavily tested downloads available from the link above. :D Please verify the md5sums before you attempt to flash with either fastboot, CWM or TWRP.

Follow the CyanogenMod Sprint Galaxy Nexus Google+ page for the latest development news and to interact with the developers!.
    Stickied for now. It will need to be maintained with future radios as well.
    Thanks
    FNM
    Flashed both CDMA and LTE radios in fastboot. Everything works great! Wish they would open up LTE here in Dallas! Probably going to flash CM9. I miss CM since I got rid of the EVO! :cool:
    I hardly ever actually "talk" on my GA02 flash, so I haven't had a chance to experience/test the static (yay Skype).

But, I can say that GA02 is best performing radio flash I've ever had.

Nearly instant "signal locks" when I enable data, on both 3G and 4G. I'm like, "that really wasn't that fast, was it?" And then I get an email notification a second later. Background: I leave my data off almost exclusively for battery (days on a single charge) and just use WiFi. I only enable data when I need it, like tethering on the train. Or, when I get a baby picture MMS'd to me. Tap the DATA and BAM, I got 3G/4G connection to download the MMS.

Lot more 4G towers on the 110+ mile commute (220+ miles round trip daily), to NYC on the Hudson Valley Metro North. I'm constantly on 4G, until I get to the city (even the Bronx has 4G! Why the hell doesn't NYC?).

For comparison, last week I flashed back to FH05 to test it on the same commute. I barely saw 4G near Croton Harmon (1/2 way) for about 5m, and that was it. Also, I had to wait 5-15s for a signal lock every time I enabled data upstate, on the train, and in the city. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Went back to GA02 while on the train yesterday, cause I wasn't getting a signal, and after a reboot, BAM I had 4G.