stock 4.3 may be unlocked &rooted with jtag!?!

Search This thread

Steurer1

Sep 28, 2012
I just bought a note 2 off of swappa that is completely stock and on 4.3. Since reading many post about Knox and how this bootloader is completely locked down now I contacted mobile tech videos to see if they could unlock, root, and put custom recovery on this phone with the knox 4.3 update... They replied YES!!! Their guy emailed me back saying that they do have a service for downgrading, rooting, and cutom recovery install...I'm not sure about people with the knox already flagged or other circumstances. You would have to email and check...but for 30$ in my stock 4.3 locked situation this seems like my only option to install custom rooms and recovery. I haven't done it yet. I will be within a couple days. But I have used their service before on a droid dna unlock with no issues. We shall see. Just though some of you might like to have the info to contact them for yourselves.

Steurer1

Sep 28, 2012
Please update us on the results when you do get it back. I'd take a fee if I could get it unlocked.

Yes I will update...not sure if they are going to downgrade then unlock it or if they have the ability to unlock 4.3. but the guy said they have what it takes to unlock, root, install custom recovery, and custom rom different samsung phones on the 4.3 knoxed bootloader. I get the phone this week and will be shipping it when I get it straight to mobile tech videos

onefast50

Aug 28, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
This would be great news.. Keep us posted

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

I just emailed them as well and here's the reply. " I do indeed have the ability to revert the Knox bootloader back to the 4.1.2 bootloader." looks like I'll have to try them.

computerslayer

Aug 9, 2009
Color me skeptical. Optimistic, but skeptical.

What is Mobile Tech Videos' reputation? And is this something generally possible with JTAG?

Sky12

Mar 15, 2009
Honolulu

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

I just emailed them as well and here's the reply. " I do indeed have the ability to revert the Knox bootloader back to the 4.1.2 bootloader." looks like I'll have to try them.

Hmmmm; I had emailed them also, and the reply I got back was, "At this time, there are no options for unlocking the bootloader if on 4.3."
I also mentioned it was the verizon 4.3 OTA.

Steurer1

Sep 28, 2012
SUCCESS!!!!!!!

so i just got my phone back and it was a Success. MobileTech was able to downgrade my stock 4.3 note2 back to 4.1.2 stock, unlock it, install cmw,and root the phone.(no knox tripped or unofficial software flags shown). when i turned the phone on it wanted to download the 4.3 ota again so i freaked out, because usually my rooted phones dont try to ota update. so i odined it with the kies 4.1.2+ pit. took it back to locked stock 4.1.2, and then ran casual to reunlock/root/recovery-Success again...(meaning we can go back to clean stock if need be). It wanted to ota again so i just froze the SDM 1.0 apk with titanium back up. Josh from mobile tech said this will be a new service for our phones and will be charging 60-80$ for the service. email them/him if you have any ????s....He also warned me that even after jtagging if we take the 4.3 ota its back to locked with knox. But I am back to installing roms again and very pleased.

Reactions: xdadevnube

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
so i just got my phone back and it was a Success. MobileTech was able to downgrade my stock 4.3 note2 back to 4.1.2 stock, unlock it, install cmw,and root the phone.(no knox tripped or unofficial software flags shown). when i turned the phone on it wanted to download the 4.3 ota again so i freaked out, because usually my rooted phones dont try to ota update. so i odined it with the kies 4.1.2+ pit. took it back to locked stock 4.1.2, and then ran casual to reunlock/root/recovery-Success again...(meaning we can go back to clean stock if need be). It wanted to ota again so i just froze the SDM 1.0 apk with titanium back up. Josh from mobile tech said this will be a new service for our phones and will be charging 60-80$ for the service. email them/him if you have any ????s....He also warned me that even after jtagging if we take the 4.3 ota its back to locked with knox. But I am back to installing roms again and very pleased.

So you had your note 2 sent off to be downgraded how much did that cost you? My wife is buggn the crap out of me because she wants her note 2 unlocked. Any idea when this jatagg thing is gonna be posted for everyone to use? Thanks

☛Hyper?Drive☚

bigmike35

Sep 3, 2010
Houston
I know this wasn't my issues, but just to recommend Mobile Tech and their great and fast service. I hard bricked my phone and had to send it in to get jtag and they were nice, answered questions and quick with their service. Its nice because they are located about a 1 hour away from me. If they say they can do it I would believe them.

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
Had anybody else been able to confirm this? It seems that there are a lot of threads about people being bummed about their phones that have 4.3 them. This could be their solution.

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
Well, at least there is a solution... Hopefully, those willing to pay will see this option

guitari

Mar 6, 2014
Collaboration is key in XDA

I just bought a note 2 off of swappa that is completely stock and on 4.3. Since reading many post about Knox and how this bootloader is completely locked down now I contacted mobile tech videos to see if they could unlock, root, and put custom recovery on this phone with the knox 4.3 update... They replied YES!!! Their guy emailed me back saying that they do have a service for downgrading, rooting, and cutom recovery install...I'm not sure about people with the knox already flagged or other circumstances. You would have to email and check...but for 30$ in my stock 4.3 locked situation this seems like my only option to install custom rooms and recovery. I haven't done it yet. I will be within a couple days. But I have used their service before on a droid dna unlock with no issues. We shall see. Just though some of you might like to have the info to contact them for yourselves.

This is a repost because I saw someone preaching about the MobileTechVideos again. I have spent a vast amount of research and hands on technical work on downgrading

To: VRALJB 4.1.1

And it possible. The problem isn't downgrading the ROM, it's the bootloader, it consistently stays at a 4.3 Bootloader while the ROM is at 4.1.1. Your post looks more like a promotion/advertisement, therefore I ask you Steurer1, can MobileTechVideos:

1) Downgrade the bootloader
2) Unlock the bootloader
3) Load a custom recovery (CWM, Philz, TWRP).......
4) Furthermore installing a custom rom?

From your post, you acknowledged this, so assuming MobileTechVideos can accomplish all this, then these guys are gurus and I will happily send them my phone, tuck my tail between my legs, and hats off to them! Taking it a step further, this is what fellow techies really want: If we could please get a technical post by MobileTechVideos here on XDA describing the process that they used to perform the four requirements above. This would be the most beneficial post that the rest of the Note II SCH-I605 4.3 community could really appreciate. Awaiting a follow up Steurer1.

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
Your post looks more like a promotion/advertisement, therefore I ask you Steurer1, can MobileTechVideos:

2) Unlock the bootloader

Well, looking at their site, you can see they are not going to do steps 2-4. That is up to you when you get your phone back. They are only going to downgrade the bootloader from the non-unlockable 4.3 version to the unlockable 4.1.2.

And I have no vested interest in the company and have never used their services, but by all indications that are a reputable business. Their name comes up constantly for unbricking devices.

Also, given that they currently have the market cornered on the service, I truly can't imagine they would release all the technical details on how they are doing it. They have a monetary interest to not let it get out, in fact. Just my two cents.

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
This is a repost because I saw someone preaching about the MobileTechVideos again. I have spent a vast amount of research and hands on technical work on downgrading

To: VRALJB 4.1.1

And it possible. The problem isn't downgrading the ROM, it's the bootloader, it consistently stays at a 4.3 Bootloader while the ROM is at 4.1.1. Your post looks more like a promotion/advertisement, therefore I ask you Steurer1, can MobileTechVideos:

2) Unlock the bootloader

From your post, you acknowledged this, so assuming MobileTechVideos can accomplish all this, then these guys are gurus and I will happily send them my phone, tuck my tail between my legs, and hats off to them! Taking it a step further, this is what fellow techies really want: If we could please get a technical post by MobileTechVideos here on XDA describing the process that they used to perform the four requirements above. This would be the most beneficial post that the rest of the Note II SCH-I605 4.3 community could really appreciate. Awaiting a follow up Steurer1.

I have a galaxy note 2 gt-n7105 and running 4.3 with knox tripped at 0X1. everybody telling me you cant downgrade. I can only downgrade to 4.1.2 using a backup using clockworkmod. but the funny thing is using odin I can flash 4.1.1 I don't have a clue why no other older firmware cant be flushed using odin but I can flash 4.1.1 so Sguitari your telling me I am running 4.1.1 but still using the 4.3 locked bootloader ????????? CAN SOMEBODY SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS. THANKS

sideshow03

Mar 26, 2013
Phoenix
Google Pixel 5
worked for me

I didnt have the Knox issue but I did have a hard bricked NOTE 2. My jig didnt work and there was no life to the phone at all, but then I saw mobile tech videos site and sent in my device. My NOTE 2 was returned with in the stated time frame (I did not request rush service as this is not my primary device) and in perfect working condition. They are very easy to work with and have an excellent level of communication. An additional USB cable that I ordered was not in the return envelope but upon sending a polite email to Josh it was sent to me the next day. I would highly recommend mobile tech for any problem that you are not able to fix yourself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Had anybody else been able to confirm this? It seems that there are a lot of threads about people being bummed about their phones that have 4.3 them. This could be their solution.

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-bootloader-sboot-downgrade-service/

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app